Author Topic: Suggestions List.  (Read 2605 times)

Offline LHeureux

• View Profile
Suggestions List.
« on: 16-08-2010, 23:08:40 »

I'm new to the mod and play for about 1 week and noticed some things that would need to be changed. So I put all my suggestions in one list. I guess that all those suggestion are possibles. I gathered some other suggestions by other members too.

So I start with the weapons :

Decrease a little bit the accuracy of the bolt action rifles and Semi-rifles (G43, Garrand, etc) to make the firefights longer. Or at least make them not so accurate when you go prone. Dolphin-diving snipping is too common. A Lee-enfield is not accurate like an M16

Maybe decrease the submachineguns recoil. Just to be able to shoot a target to 50m. But not make them too much accurate.

I heard that it wasn't coddable or hard to do, but include a deployed mod for the MG42 and MG34 like the Bren and BAR . So you would be able to shoot by windows or just near a wreck, fence, etc. I know that it can bring problem of people using them like an SMG like some do with the BAR and Bren

Vehicles Suggestions :

Upgrade the turn speed of the M10/achille turret. It has the same lethality than a Panther, Firefly or Hellcat but it turns is turret reallyyy slowly. Its just unfair. The hellcat turn is turret quite fast compared to the M10

Make the tanks/APC to be uncapacited. Like getting the main gun destroy or losing a tracks so they dont move or shoot anymore. Seing somebody bailling out of his tank and running in the field to a house is not enought common in the mod. Maybe its not coddable, but I know that they did it in PR ( I know that FH2 =/= PR). Maybe its not possible for FH2.

Include an AA version of the Puma to make it usable against infantry or against planes ^^ (like in CoH)

Gameplay suggestion

Medics : Maybe include them, its to see.

That's all for now. And I have a few questions about the forum,

1. When I type the text is always making me go up to the middle of it, really annoying!

and

2. Is the Teddybear in many members signature a tribute to RAD?

Btw. Tell me what you think about my suggestions. Thanks!  :)

Hey, huge ass .gif signatures are totally unnecessary and obnoxious. Not these anymore, thankyouverymany kkbyethx love you, all the homo. -Flippy

Offline Capten_C

• Well well well well well well well
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
Re: Suggestions List.
« Reply #1 on: 17-08-2010, 00:08:44 »
Welcome to FH2!  :)
LEGENDARY FORGOTTEN HOPE 2 ROUNDS!!! >> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xtJF9fL1YI

Offline LHeureux

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 17-08-2010, 00:08:01 »
Thanks!  :)
Hey, huge ass .gif signatures are totally unnecessary and obnoxious. Not these anymore, thankyouverymany kkbyethx love you, all the homo. -Flippy

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
  • Traction Wars Propaganda Officer
    • View Profile
    • Traction Wars - WWII Free to Play Game
« Reply #3 on: 17-08-2010, 00:08:54 »
1.) I think you mean that if you type a long message the sight keeps jumping back up, I think this has to do something with IE8, so use a different browser for forums.

2.) Yes, it is.

And welcome aboard ofcourse.
"Force answers force, war breeds war, and death only brings death.
To break this vicious circle one must do more than act without thought or doubt."

Offline Thorondor123

• God Emperor
  • Global Moderator
  • Lugbûrz-ûr!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 17-08-2010, 00:08:43 »
Few observations:

"A Lee-enfield is not accurate like an M16"
- Indeed. It's way more accurate.

"Upgrade the turn speed of the M10/achille turret. It has the same lethality than a Panther, Firefly or Hellcat but it turns is turret reallyyy slowly. Its just unfair."
- The turret speeds are scaled based on the real life values. It's not fair, it's authentic.

"Is the Teddybear in many members signature a tribute to RAD?"
- Yes.

Edit: And welcome.
Let mortal heroes sing your fame

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 17-08-2010, 00:08:30 »

I'm new to the mod and play for about 1 week and noticed some things that would need to be changed. So I put all my suggestions in one list. I guess that all those suggestion are possibles. I gathered some other suggestions by other members too.

So I start with the weapons :

Decrease a little bit the accuracy of the bolt action rifles and Semi-rifles (G43, Garrand, etc) to make the firefights longer. Or at least make them not so accurate when you go prone. Dolphin-diving snipping is too common. A Lee-enfield is not accurate like an M16

You're right: A Lee Enfield is alot more accurate than an M16 due to it using powerful 303 ammo that also has a longer range.

I heard that it wasn't coddable or hard to do, but include a deployed mod for the MG42 and MG34 like the Bren and BAR . So you would be able to shoot by windows or just near a wreck, fence, etc. I know that it can bring problem of people using them like an SMG like some do with the BAR and Bren

That's because a BAR and Bren are supposed to be usable in that way.

Vehicles Suggestions :

Upgrade the turn speed of the M10/achille turret. It has the same lethality than a Panther, Firefly or Hellcat but it turns is turret reallyyy slowly. Its just unfair. The hellcat turn is turret quite fast compared to the M10

The Achilles turret was hand cranked, no motor or anything, that's why it is that slow.

Make the tanks/APC to be uncapacited. Like getting the main gun destroy or losing a tracks so they dont move or shoot anymore. Seing somebody bailling out of his tank and running in the field to a house is not enought common in the mod. Maybe its not coddable, but I know that they did it in PR ( I know that FH2 =/= PR). Maybe its not possible for FH2.

It is possible, but not in a quality FH2 would need.

Include an AA version of the Puma to make it usable against infantry or against planes ^^ (like in CoH)

The "AA version" is the SdKfz 234 with normal 2cm cannon. It is not an AA tank. We have the very similar SdKfz 231 in the mod. Other than that: Why not, although atm I don't see a map where it would be needed.

Offline LHeureux

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 17-08-2010, 00:08:40 »
Yes its my problem. Yeah I'm using IE8. So will switch to Firefox.

- Thorondor123.

I'm ok for the Bolt-action rifles accuracy but at least make them less inaccurate when we go prone to avoid dolphin-diving snipping.

I didn't know for the M10. Keep it like this so  ;)

- Ts4EVER Thanks for all. I jusr learned some things :)

For the Puma, I tough it was an AA version of it. But I personnaly think it would be great to have the  SdKfz 234 version of it with the 2cm cannon.

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 17-08-2010, 00:08:15 »
As I said, we have this, basically the same:

Offline LHeureux

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 17-08-2010, 00:08:50 »
You're right. I tought you were talking about the AT one. My bad.

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 17-08-2010, 00:08:41 »
There was a Version of the Puma with a 7.5cm Pak on top but I think that was later than normandy.

edit: Oh and in case you're wondering, you can find the vehicle in the screenshot on El Alamein.
« Last Edit: 17-08-2010, 00:08:08 by Ts4EVER »

Offline Ccharge

• Can we just say we went?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 17-08-2010, 00:08:02 »
The Puma with a fixed pak 40 came in late 44 / early 45.

(Who's Rad by the way?)
<insert fancy signature here>

Offline Pierce Elliot

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 17-08-2010, 00:08:11 »
I would like to see a suggestion as a compromise for gameplay purposes. That is, I'd like to see more in the kits then what is present. I realize that it is done for realism but it also gets kind of boring if the kit doesn't already have exactly what you need in every situation. Though I also realize that I'm a single player junkie through a mistake with EA games, and that there is more organization on Multi-player more than likely. But just a suggestion to throw out there none-the-less.

Offline Thorondor123

• God Emperor
  • Global Moderator
  • Lugbûrz-ûr!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 17-08-2010, 00:08:52 »
The Puma with a fixed pak 40 came in late 44 / early 45.

(Who's Rad by the way?)
The 234/4 would probably replace the 234/2 "Puma" in the bulge since the Puma was pretty much Normandy only kinda deal.

Rad was a developer who passed away earlier this year.
Let mortal heroes sing your fame

Offline :| Hi

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 17-08-2010, 03:08:24 »
Dolphin-diving snipping is too common. A Lee-enfield is not accurate like an M16

IT BURNS

[2:06:54 PM] Tolga: cant use tha shit underwater -Tolga on the G3

Offline Pierce Elliot

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 17-08-2010, 04:08:03 »
Lee-Enfield 4, effective range of up to 800m.

M16, Effective range of up to 550m.

That should say a little bit about the accuracy, albeit there are many different ways to define the accuracy of a weapon.