53 (50.5%)
Semi auto
29 (27.6%)
Full auto
10 (9.5%)
No preference
13 (12.4%)

Total Members Voted: 104

Author Topic: Bolt action vs. semi automatic vs. full automatic  (Read 10942 times)

Offline Ahonen

• "The grass just spoke chinese."
    • View Profile
Re: Bolt action vs. semi automatic vs. full automatic
« Reply #60 on: 13-08-2010, 02:08:41 »
Also cuz IRL, the rifle nade guy would carry many rifle nades of various type, whereas in FH2, you only carry 2 of one single type (for german anyways) :P

Should the rifle nade kit be made into a pick up kit then (a limited spawn kit would be better, but we probably don't have enough kit slots for that)? Right now, most players use the rifleman kit to net themselves 1-2 sure kills with their rifle grenades THEN use the rifle to actually fight.
If it was limited, they'd probably use it with more caution.
-A certain plumber took 'shrooms when he failed to rescue his girlfriend from being raped by a gorilla. His whole experience was documented in a game.

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 13-08-2010, 02:08:17 »
In early war the assistant squad leader of an American infantry squad carried a Springfield bolt action rifle with riflenades because the attachment for the M1Garand wasn't finished. Some older units, like the 82nd airborne, still used that organisation or remnants of it in Normandy, so if we ever get a map with 82nd airborne I will personally lobby for having a Springfield spawn kit :)

Offline G.Drew

• FH-Betatester
  • FH player since 0.65
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 13-08-2010, 04:08:57 »
In early war the assistant squad leader of an American infantry squad carried a Springfield bolt action rifle with riflenades because the attachment for the M1Garand wasn't finished. Some older units, like the 82nd airborne, still used that organisation or remnants of it in Normandy, so if we ever get a map with 82nd airborne I will personally lobby for having a Springfield spawn kit :)
I like the sound of this.
"Accept the challenges so that you may feel the exhilaration of victory" - Gen. George S. Patton
-you aren't allowed to have nice things.

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
  • FH2 Betatester/Verdun Team Researcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 13-08-2010, 05:08:27 »
Also cuz IRL, the rifle nade guy would carry many rifle nades of various type, whereas in FH2, you only carry 2 of one single type (for german anyways) :P

Should the rifle nade kit be made into a pick up kit then (a limited spawn kit would be better, but we probably don't have enough kit slots for that)? Right now, most players use the rifleman kit to net themselves 1-2 sure kills with their rifle grenades THEN use the rifle to actually fight.
If it was limited, they'd probably use it with more caution.

Well, IRL, the riflenade men fought as normal riflemen.  Indeed, you could leave the attachment on the rifle and aim/fire normal rounds through it.

Offline Ahonen

• "The grass just spoke chinese."
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 13-08-2010, 08:08:38 »

Well, IRL, the riflenade men fought as normal riflemen.  Indeed, you could leave the attachment on the rifle and aim/fire normal rounds through it.

You may have misunderstood what I meant. That they fight as normal riflemen isn't a problem, but many players simply use the rifle-grenades first, no matter the situation (like firing them at a single enemy in a field or an empty street), to get themselves some sure kills, instead of using them to blow infantry out of cover at range and do other things that only they can do (which they can't once they've wasted their grenades).
-A certain plumber took 'shrooms when he failed to rescue his girlfriend from being raped by a gorilla. His whole experience was documented in a game.

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
  • FH2 Betatester/Verdun Team Researcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 13-08-2010, 09:08:44 »
Eh, and people fire tank HE shells at single people too.  It's part of it being a game :P  You're given all the tools which are crafted to extreme detail and to behave realistically, its up to the player to do so.  Personally, I enjoy playing realistically.

Offline Kev4000

• Developer
  • FH2 "special" coder
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 16-08-2010, 18:08:21 »
Indeed, the StG44 requiring two shots to kill pretty much makes it obsolete against rifles beyond 100m.

For 2.3 we've made it cause bleed by one shot (same as the m1 carbine). However if this still presents a problem in Bulge I will of course look deeper into its recoil code for semi auto.

Offline Oddball

• Positive Wave Director
  • In Alliance with "Lumberjack Cammandos"....
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 16-08-2010, 19:08:44 »
Semi-automatic rifles. The best of both worlds...Fast action speeds, and accurate. Plus they also have good stopping power, perfect for mid-range/long-range combat which is what I expertise in. Not the mention, quick reloads....

Offline Pierce Elliot

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 17-08-2010, 00:08:34 »
Tis' a hard decision between semi-auto and bolt action. If i'd had to choose for a challenging situation, it'd definitely be something semi-auto. Though I do feel more comfortable with the bolt action rifles.