Author Topic: Epic Aircraft We Need In FH2  (Read 7818 times)

Offline Roughbeak

• Science of Hooting, PhD
  • Developer
    • View Profile
Epic Aircraft We Need In FH2
« on: 01-02-2013, 22:02:08 »
Hello Devs and players alike

I have been thinking that we need these to attract more players or old ones :)

Junker Ju-87G (would be cool in the "upcoming" russian front, its basically the Hurricane Mk IID)

Messerschmitt Me 262 (this would be the most epic airplane in FH2 :))

Heinkel He-219 Uhu (awesome night fighter, though FH2 does not have any "night maps")

Arado Ar-234 (cool bomber, but might not make it to FH2)

Lockheed P38 "Lightning" (lot of people have been saying this though)

Battle of Britian (would be awesome...but not sure if FH2 would support it)

Bombing the Reich (FH1 map, awesome one)

(Stuka "G" variant)

(Me 262)

(He 219)

(Ar-234)

(P38)

I can go on but, Devs, if you have time make these models, it would be a boost to the players and newcomers also..

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
Re: Epic Aircraft We Need In FH2
« Reply #1 on: 01-02-2013, 22:02:48 »
these are well known suggestions, we just don't have proper maps for those vehicles and mapping is most time consuming process so don't expect maps you pointed out there. Bombers are out of FH2's priority, having them ingame was discussed to death.

before a shitstorm: I will only suggest you to use search button next time as you're obviosly new on this forum (but wait... you're an 762 admin? no FH2 newcomer? lol)

P.S. few new vehicles won't bring new players to this mod
« Last Edit: 01-02-2013, 22:02:47 by jan_kurator »

Offline Turkish007

• Masterspammer
  • Mini-mod necromancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 01-02-2013, 23:02:53 »
Welcome Roughbeak, bombers have been suggested before, but they've been rejected  :(

Wasnt there a FH2 remake of Bombing the Reich? If anyone has it can you upload it please? Id love to play it.  :)

Offline Roughbeak

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 02-02-2013, 00:02:43 »
[...] you're an 762 admin? no FH2 newcomer? lol)
I am a newcomer to the "Forgotten Hope" forums..but i have been around for a little while, and yes i am a FH2 762 server admin :)

Offline Alakazou

• FHer from the beginning
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 02-02-2013, 00:02:55 »
these are well known suggestions, we just don't have proper maps for those vehicles

We have map for some of those like the me262 or the p38 IIRC. The p38 could be use to drop napalm on operation cobra.

The real problem with plane is, it take time to make and not every modeler want to do them.
« Last Edit: 02-02-2013, 00:02:12 by Alakazou »

Offline Nerdsturm

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 02-02-2013, 01:02:09 »
If I recall correctly, the P38 is actually in game in the editor already. It doesn't look completely finished though.

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 02-02-2013, 02:02:57 »
There was P38 exported from FH1, not FH2 standard. And yes, it could be used (the plane, not that model) on Cobra but it has already a good layout of planes and allies don't need any new ones.

Offline Alakazou

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 02-02-2013, 02:02:38 »
Not that good in my opinion. You should compare with the other 2 big country (great britain and Germany).
And seriously, I don't think it's a good argument because we have like 7 to 10 model of sherman. ;)

Offline Roughbeak

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 02-02-2013, 04:02:53 »
Not that good in my opinion. You should compare with the other 2 big country (great britain and Germany).
And seriously, I don't think it's a good argument because we have like 7 to 10 model of sherman. ;)
Ok...Brits do need a Tempest to compare with a Me 262 :)

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 02-02-2013, 14:02:15 »
yeah, I compared: americans have two planes used in normandy - Mustang and Thunderbolt, Brits have two as well - Spitfire Mk IX and Typhoon and germans have only one normandy plane - FW 190. Afaik P38 haven't seen much use in Africa, it was used mostly on pacific and later in normandy so I really don't think it is worth amount of work needed to make detailed model.

Well, in this case maybe we could use Me262 on Totalize (as it was first time used in combat around that period and brits where first allies to fight against german jets) and on some later WWII maps if we will ever see them. I must admit that having Me262 would add a lot of fun to WWII game ;)
« Last Edit: 02-02-2013, 14:02:46 by jan_kurator »

Offline Gunnerz

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 02-02-2013, 15:02:12 »
Bf109G/K on normandy maps would be a nice addition.
Also me262s wherent succesfull as fighter bombers at all.
They where much better used as high altitude bomber interceptors.

Offline Roughbeak

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 02-02-2013, 15:02:56 »
I think the Junker Ju-87 "G" variant would be "fairly" easy..just take out the bombs in its arsenal and add the 37mm cannon in each wing>>imagine it dive boming on a T34 and let the cannons rip  :D

Offline Alakazou

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 02-02-2013, 21:02:46 »
Jan, the p38 lightning was used in North Africa, in the Pacific, in Europe and in Italy.  So it can be use a lot. And you should compare the group in a whole, not by theater. Because like I have said, we have a lot of sherman tank for one theater.

Offline Thorondor123

• God Emperor
  • Global Moderator
  • Lugbûrz-ûr!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 02-02-2013, 22:02:45 »
I think the Junker Ju-87 "G" variant would be "fairly" easy..just take out the bombs in its arsenal and add the 37mm cannon in each wing>>imagine it dive boming on a T34 and let the cannons rip  :D
First you need a D-3 or D-5 depending on if you want to make G-1 or G-2. Then you need to remove the bombs, sirens and dive brakes and add the cannons and extra armour plates.

Also, no diving with the G ;)
Let mortal heroes sing your fame

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 02-02-2013, 23:02:38 »
Jan, the p38 lightning was used in North Africa, in the Pacific, in Europe and in Italy.  So it can be use a lot. And you should compare the group in a whole, not by theater. Because like I have said, we have a lot of sherman tank for one theater.
Did I say it wasn't? It just haven't been used so much in Afrcia and we don't (won't) have pacific and italy front, that's the case and that was my point. And why should I compare group as a whole when we have maps with americans only in normandy and bulge, except sidi bou zid, which has it's own vehicle setup?