Author Topic: Conspiracies Thread Mk II  (Read 246499 times)

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
Re: Conspiracies Thread Mk II
« Reply #1365 on: 10-11-2013, 09:11:04 »
Do mysteries like that often happen Lightning?
I don't think that such things happen very often but performance checks on WIP maps are common thing and we often find random FPS drops here and there which need to be fixed before map will be released. The reason of those is in most cases different, though.

Offline Lightning

• Dreamcrusher
  • FH2 Dev
    • View Profile
« Reply #1366 on: 10-11-2013, 10:11:04 »
Do mysteries like that often happen Lightning?
No, not really. Most of the problems are usually pretty obvious.

Offline Turkish007

• Masterspammer
  • Mini-mod necromancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1367 on: 10-11-2013, 10:11:05 »
What was the weirdest/funniest bug that happened during betatesting?

Offline Turkish007

• Masterspammer
  • Mini-mod necromancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1368 on: 10-11-2013, 11:11:33 »
Nice try to get some info about current development.

My purpose wasnt that, but oh well, who wouldnt enjoy hearing some secrets.

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1369 on: 10-11-2013, 14:11:57 »
There were some weird bugs in 2.2 (Normandy patch), like when a Brit entered a Hanomag on PeB and then switched seats, the server crashed. It had something to do with teamlocking.

And there was the infamous Zwilling bug  ;D

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #1370 on: 10-11-2013, 15:11:53 »
Server crashers are the most annoying bugs. When there is something what causes crashes, server is running and we managed to join the map, there is always "don't use xxxx" spam all over the chat/teamspeak so we could at least check if other things work as intended, and then some late tester join the game and says "hi guys" making last warning disappear from the chat, unaware of crasher he spawns with bugged kit or use broken vehicle and we're back to square one again :D

Offline Eat Uranium

• Tea Drinker
  • Global Moderator
  • Today's news will contain [REDACTED]
    • View Profile
    • FH2 Music
« Reply #1371 on: 10-11-2013, 18:11:46 »
The time during 2.2 testing when we discovered that the grappling hook was causing problems.  Basically, there was 1 hook, that was modified mapside for PdH to have a longer throw and longer rope.  The problem was that your client would remember the throw length from whatever map you joined the server with, causing people to be unable to throw the ropes up to the top of the cliff on PdH, or more hilariously, to throw the short ropes miles on other maps.

This was extra hilarious, because the server would take a second or so to work it out, so you would throw the short rope a short distance, people could get on it, and then the server would correct the throw to a far throw, causing mass teleportations.

This is why the grappling hooks are no longer on Giarabub (as shown in the 2.15 trailer).

Offline Matthew_Baker

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1372 on: 10-11-2013, 22:11:48 »
This is why the grappling hooks are no longer on Giarabub (as shown in the 2.15 trailer).

So is this ultimately still un-fixable? I always wondered why the grappling hooks were removed on girara, and would personally like to see them back.

Offline sn00x

• View Profile
« Reply #1373 on: 10-11-2013, 23:11:09 »
Well, it was a really long time ago, maybe I remembered it wrongly.

All i need to remember is the tonns of fun we had!

Offline Roughbeak

• Science of Hooting, PhD
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1374 on: 11-11-2013, 01:11:02 »
Italians in that map have a hard enough time defending, if we have the grapples back.. wow...

Offline Matthew_Baker

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1375 on: 11-11-2013, 02:11:02 »
Italians in that map have a hard enough time defending, if we have the grapples back.. wow...

Really? ??? There's only 6 or so entrances to the fort + unlimited recon class x 2 s-mines per class. From my experience, it's a massacre at every entrance with Aussies either prone crawling and getting murdered as they pour through the holes in the wall, or ignorant teammates wiping a squad with one run through the 'minefield.' A slightly coordinated Italian team can leave the Aussies sitting in their base all round imo.
The times I see otherwise are during 64+ rounds, when the sheer numbers are too much for the Italians and the Aussies eventually get a SL through. (after Stalingrad type death numbers at the walls)

Although overall I think this map is balanced and don't think it favors one team or another. Grappling hooks MIGHT undo that a bit. But thinking back, I don't remember a time in 2.15 where grappling hooks were ever being complained about as giving the Aussies an edge (but I don't remember them being in 2.15 tbh :P). If anything I'd think it might take away from the blood baths at the entrances and open up the map a bit more.
« Last Edit: 11-11-2013, 02:11:06 by Matthew_Baker »

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #1376 on: 11-11-2013, 09:11:32 »
Well, yeah. I'm with Roughbeak on this one. Giving grappling hooks back, no matter how cool they are, would make this map extremely unbalanced.

On the other hand, limiting recon class (just like on Tunis) could be cool. There should be more shooting instead of blocking every bottleneck with mines.
« Last Edit: 11-11-2013, 11:11:52 by jan_kurator »

Offline Jimi Hendrix

• Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens
    • View Profile
« Reply #1377 on: 12-11-2013, 17:11:01 »
 Change of direction question.....

Wondering if FH ever made any Official maps that had beach landings with armies other than USA or GB.

???

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1378 on: 12-11-2013, 17:11:31 »
Karelia.

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #1379 on: 12-11-2013, 17:11:36 »
Wake Island nad Adak Island (on both americans defend and japs are landing). I don't know do you want other army than USA or GB that lands or map without them at all. If we're talking no USA or GB no matter which side they are, then Battle of Stalingrad. Also there was Anzio and Juno in one of (official) map packs AFAIK (Juno is D-Day map with Canadians and you could use landing crafts on Anzio and there were Canadians as well)
« Last Edit: 12-11-2013, 18:11:49 by jan_kurator »