Author Topic: Forgotten War: mini-add on project for FH2  (Read 5158 times)

Offline BadPotato555

• View Profile
Re: Forgotten War: mini-add on project for FH2
« Reply #15 on: 18-01-2016, 18:01:59 »
So...about the question: What kind of battlefield will we see?

Well I would say there will be 4 kind of battlefield.

1. The first period of the war

When the DPRK attacked ROK, the South was just not ready. The only armored vehicles they had was M8 Greyhound. So the South Korean Army had to experience the horror of T-34, even worse than for the Nazis in 2nd World War. So basically ROK was pushed all the way to the Busan perimeter which was the last stand. But then the UN troops arrive and hold the line.

The maps which will take in this period will be ROK defending a city, bridge or other strategic point with very weak equipment. Meanwhile the DPRK will attack with strong armored troops.

2. The Counterattack

As the DPRK's army stopped, the UN HQ decides to land on Incheon. This becomes the 2nd greatest landing operation after the Operation Overlord. Of course after the success in Incheon the ROK and UN troops start to advance on Seoul. Meanwhile the remaining forces drive the DPRK out of Busan perimeter and all the way to 38th parallel.

In this period of war you will experience the landing operation in Incheon and the following urban CQB in Seoul and Incheon.

3. Chinesse Intervention and chaos.

Since no one could stop the overwhelming UN forces, they decide to unite the Korean Peninsula. After the fall of Pyoengyang, they almost reached Chinese border. But the PLA marched into the Korean Peninsula to help DPRK. Basically there was no way than falling back. Once again Seoul was captured. But quickly the UN forces attacked and stabilized the front approx. on the 38th parallel.

This period won't be that different from the former periods of the war. But Chinese force will attack the not well prepared UN troops.

4. King of the hill and the end.

This period is probably the famous characteristic of Korean War. Both sides will try to capture more hill to expand the territory. The hills were heavily fortified and thousands of shells pounded the battlefield. Basically no tree or any nature was left on the hills. Some hills were constantly captured and re-captured.
27.7.1953 the War was ended with an armistice. Over 5 000 000 people were killed, wounded or are missing.

I am currently working on this period and it will be the first maps in the first release. You will experience taking over a hill, trying to stop the enemy with everything you have since your ammo won't be enough.

Offline gamerjer

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 18-01-2016, 23:01:32 »
nice! sounds like a ambitious plan, goodluck with it ;D

Offline Matthew_Baker

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 20-01-2016, 02:01:10 »
These are all really good ideas. I like the idea of having a map that touches on every aspect of the war.

Honestly tho, one good way to start out and get the ball rolling would be to make sure that you're able to create the armies needed for the mod. I would personally start by taking an existing map (whatever map) and placing your new armies on it to make sure that everything would be able to work properly.

So take Dragon Valley and place the 1950 US Army vs DPRK on it.

This would help knowing that once you have a working map, you're able to just plug the army you want into it once the bugs are worked out. :)

Offline BadPotato555

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 20-01-2016, 21:01:12 »
These are all really good ideas. I like the idea of having a map that touches on every aspect of the war.

Honestly tho, one good way to start out and get the ball rolling would be to make sure that you're able to create the armies needed for the mod. I would personally start by taking an existing map (whatever map) and placing your new armies on it to make sure that everything would be able to work properly.

So take Dragon Valley and place the 1950 US Army vs DPRK on it.

This would help knowing that once you have a working map, you're able to just plug the army you want into it once the bugs are worked out. :)

Well actually I was struggling whether I would work your way or like I am doing right now (working first on one map) but for me this motivates me more to put the army into a "real" map. But sure your way would be just as good. It's just my personal decision ;D But thank you for your tips it helps a lot. Really!

Offline Rabbit032

• By all means necessary.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 01-02-2016, 18:02:53 »
I would ask PR for their SKS and bren. PR's bren is a later version than the ww2 one, which I think is the one you are going for?
Pipe Hitters Union

Offline BadPotato555

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 02-02-2016, 23:02:12 »
I would ask PR for their SKS and bren. PR's bren is a later version than the ww2 one, which I think is the one you are going for?

Thank you first of all :D
Well SKS would be actually great, still we would need a "fh2 style animation" for the sks.

As you see, the Bren used in Korean War was just Mk.1 - 4 and not L4 Bren, which will be used in PR. So we could just simply use Bren of FH2.

Offline Darman

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 09-02-2016, 20:02:20 »
A very ambitious project on a highly interesting, yet really underrepresented scenario. Possibly since it is technically still going on.

Anyway, the scale of this projects also worries me. It is good that you have experience in modding. But why then post an announcement without something to show for, maybe something that can get people on board, since this will probably require more than one Dev at some point. How about at least some quality graphics, designs, detailed plans in picture form, some proff of concept other than a page worth of text? Don't take this as a discouragement, but I have seen too many projects starting like this and dying within weeks, once the motivation drops off.

You also plan ahead a lot, aiming at bringing multiple factions on the field, air assets, covering different time periods at once. Try to focus, keep the expectations at bay, meet them, then grow in scale.
« Last Edit: 09-02-2016, 20:02:28 by Darman »

Offline Roughbeak

• Science of Hooting, PhD
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 01-04-2016, 18:04:27 »
Hey,

Any progress on this, @BadPotato555?

Offline Ivancic1941

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 01-04-2016, 20:04:58 »
Hey,here in description is download link for this... By antony
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=H_SlSEYtLnY
Floppy Wardisc or Floppy Wierdbear

Offline BadPotato555

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 08-04-2016, 21:04:57 »
I know this is not the response you want to listen, but I think it's still not the right time to show the progress (maybe I revealed it to early *lol*)
The good news is still I am working on it so it's not dead :D

Offline Roughbeak

• Science of Hooting, PhD
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 09-04-2016, 00:04:17 »
Alright, good to hear!

Offline Anthony817

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 17-04-2016, 23:04:21 »
Please read this thread, I only started posting 2 days back and already a lot has happened.

http://fhpubforum.warumdarum.de/index.php?topic=18191.30

I was actually talking to the devs of PR and they wanted this mod to be a minimod for that possibly, as they are the ones who have full control over the assets of this mod as it is part of the Black Sand Studios mod group. I was given permission by Zefan to continue working on it and by the PR devs. It is not really set in stone right now what my team or I want to do, some say PR, some say standalone, and some say FH2.

I am not even sure what would be best. Both mods have a ton of great community members and assets that would help the mod out. So far PR and EOD assets are ours to use, as well as some from the IDF and the PR:F minimod.

I would love to welcome you onto the team if you would be interested. We sure could use another dedicated person to get this amazing project into a better state.  ;D

Offline BadPotato555

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 07-05-2016, 15:05:10 »
Frontpage update 7.5.2016

Offline Ivancic1941

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 07-05-2016, 15:05:33 »
Frontpage update 7.5.2016
Hehe,so teasing a little..
Are you gioing to work with Korean mod and then as PR minimod? Well ,I wanted to see this as FH2 but ok
Floppy Wardisc or Floppy Wierdbear

Offline Anthony817

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 14-05-2016, 06:05:39 »
We would be super happy if he would work with us, but he says he made a commitment to this first so we understand.  ;)

He did say when he is done with this project he would be happy to work with us, but the way it looks we are not sure if many people will be helping our mod out.

We have a lot of stuff that is moving very fast. We already have a lot of new vehicles and weapons from the PRWW2 and IDF mods that fit.

Either way we wish the best of luck to him with this project. Korean war games are very rare so I am excited to play it when he is done with it.