Author Topic: A question for the FH 2 modders.  (Read 628 times)

Offline Brasi

• View Profile
A question for the FH 2 modders.
« on: 22-01-2011, 05:01:32 »
First off let me say how impressed I am with your work, and that's just by watching videos and looking at pics of the vehicles skins.  I can't wait for my copy of BF2 to arrive in the mail to get this great looking mod installed.

On a side note, I have been playing wwiionline since it first came out back in 2001, and the lack of new vehicles has been a source of anguish for many of the players.  I was wondering a couple of things,

1. All the vehicles offered for FH2 2.3 are built from the ground up by the modders, correct?  By that I mean the actual skins as well as the actual modeling of the vehicle itself (armor penetration values, hit detection values, etc...) 

2. If the vehicles were created from ground up, ball park figure, how long did it take to get it ingame?  Example: The Panther tank Model G.

Thanks for the time.

azreal

Re: A question for the FH 2 modders.
« Reply #1 on: 22-01-2011, 05:01:31 »
1. All of the vehicles were done the Forgotten Hope 2 developer team, yes. Most were created from the ground up, some were taken and ported from the original Forgotten Hope.

2. It depends. Some vehicles have been sitting around for 6+ months and still haven't been exported. Most get done sooner. I all depends on how much time our coders are able to work, and how important the vehicle is to the next release.

Offline DLFReporter

• FH-Betatester
  • Betatesting FH2 makes me edgy...
    • View Profile
Re: A question for the FH 2 modders.
« Reply #2 on: 22-01-2011, 09:01:45 »
Welcome to the forum and soon to the club of FH2 players!
Azreal basically answered all your questions, so let me just add that you should risk a look into the help section of the forum before installing BF2 and FH2.

And be sure to install both patch 1.41 and 1.5 for BF2, as most boxed versions of BF2 come with version 1.40 which isn't up to date.

There are a few things to note when using Win7:
FH2 should be able to run on Windows Vista or Windows 7, though you should run FH2 on an account with Administrator permissions on your computer. To run FH2 as an administrator, right click the program, then run as administor. You can also setup this in the shortcut with advanced option in properties.

It's adviced to install BF2 on a different partition (D for example) than the partition (commonly C) which has Windows installed on it. You may also wish to turn off UAC.  This way Windows shouldn't prevent the game from swapping some files, which it needs to do to ru the mod.

Also try to run the game in Windows XP compatibility mode, which should make the game more stable.

You should have more then 2GB RAM memory to run FH2 smoothly, as Vista and Windows 7 alone need that much to run smoothly.

Should you still encounter some problems check the complete list and don't be afraid to ask:
http://fhpubforum.warumdarum.de/index.php?topic=21.0
« Last Edit: 22-01-2011, 09:01:24 by N24Reporter »
Gravity is a habit that is hard to shake off