Author Topic: the thread that isnt big cuz of its content, but because of the word swastika  (Read 14408 times)

Offline timoarto

• View Profile
Re: some points for more realistic gameplay
« Reply #30 on: 18-04-2009, 16:04:42 »
please, lets talkabout the game, so, a mirrored swastika is forbidden?

Offline [130.Pz]S.Lainer

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
    • 130th
« Reply #31 on: 18-04-2009, 16:04:16 »
  All praise the krouts and fuck everyone else ehh Lobo?  This is low even for you.  Hell there is even a very active clan from Hungary.
http://www.bfewaw.com/campaigns/waw24/promo/campaign/waw24banner1.png
The purpose of this deployment was to "annoy and defy the United States ... on her with Bofors 40 mm guns from a range of 650

Offline fh_spitfire

• Developer
  • FHer since 0.6 | aka spitfire05
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 18-04-2009, 16:04:34 »
2) Why for god's sake is this mod forced to play the political intrigues of German politicians then?

That's your opinion, I personally support the banning of nazi symbols 110%
I don't mean it's bad, nazi symbols are banned in some countries and respecting that in an international mod is just what should be done. What I mean is that with commie symbol that respect would be one-sided and unfair (even though scythe and hammer isn't so world-wide offending like swastika).

Personally I think that eastern front without Scythe and hammer would be "incomplete" in some way, but I feel the same about swastikas (don't get me wrong, both symbols are offending for me, unless they are used to portray something historic).

Another thing is that Finnish swastika is not a nazi symbol, but I believe Flippy stated that countless times.

Offline Lobo

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 18-04-2009, 16:04:48 »
Ok, read my lips: no swastikas in this mod...ever, of any shape or colour
Understood?, and now keep talking if you want, the sun is shining outdoors and I lost my time the last half an hour with this silly discussion

Offline [130.Pz]S.Lainer

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
    • 130th
« Reply #34 on: 18-04-2009, 16:04:55 »

Personally I think that eastern front without Scythe and hammer would be "incomplete" in some way, but I feel the same about swastikas (don't get me wrong, both symbols are offending for me, unless they are used to portray something historic).

Another thing is that Finnish swastika is not a nazi symbol, but I believe Flippy stated that countless times.

Agreed!  +1 rep....Oh wait.......
http://www.bfewaw.com/campaigns/waw24/promo/campaign/waw24banner1.png
The purpose of this deployment was to "annoy and defy the United States ... on her with Bofors 40 mm guns from a range of 650

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 18-04-2009, 16:04:17 »

Agreed!  +1 rep....Oh wait.......

+1 rep from me too. Make it into virtual cookies and handshakes.

Offline K.Cower

• I use immersive HUD
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 18-04-2009, 16:04:37 »
I don't think that swastika bring more reality. And "cease fire" guys, this bullshit not worth it.  
Sinn Féin

Offline Kev4000

• Developer
  • FH2 "special" coder
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 18-04-2009, 16:04:23 »
I took a look over the panzer 3J textures the other day. Seems like Rad put in a warning to all custom texture artists to not put in any swastikas on his textures under any circumstances.

Offline Seth_Soldier

• Developer
  • "Mort aux cons !"
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 18-04-2009, 16:04:58 »
easy guys.

Removing Swastika is our problem not yours. We are old enough to take this decision.

Plus it avoid boneshead to invade FH so it has always been a good point for fh.

Offline Lobo

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 18-04-2009, 16:04:07 »
You guys are dense

The swastikas sculpted in the forefront of 500 years old Budas are not nazy symbols but if I model one and place it in the mod we can't host the mod in german servers, no german website would showcase our news, hell, even this forum would be closed and sued because it's based in Germany.

Damn it, now they are gone, but we had two german devs that were in the Army, they risked military trial if somebody finds a game with swastikas in their PC's.

So hey, keep talking about how sad you feel because the mod doesn't show stinky swastikas, for sure this is only a caprice of those evil FH devs

Over and Out, now yeah, birds are singing and girls wear pretty short skirts

Offline Danger X

• I wish we stayed neutral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 18-04-2009, 16:04:58 »
How about just removing ALL political symbols from the mod altogether?

That way nobody can be offended.

And yes, this IS a serious suggestion.

Just remove the pentagrams(stars) from the American side, remove the Balkenkreuzen from the Germans, and not add any other symbol whatsoever.

Not sure what this would mean for the British and Australians, but that's not my problem.

I have less and less fun in playing this mod after reading the responses of the devs....

And no, I don't mind NOT seeing swastikas.
As my tutor, old Bubbleface, used to say:"Make love and be merry, for tomorrow you may catch some disgusting skin disease."

Rowan Atkinson as The Black Adder

Offline timoarto

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 18-04-2009, 16:04:05 »
am i allowed to remove the swastika thing in my first post? i never wanted to set of a fight because of them, it only was a sugestion, sorry for offence everyone.

Offline Twonkle

• Leave Britney alone!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 18-04-2009, 16:04:30 »

Swastikas arent used in FH2, for whatever fucked up reason (You read me right...). Yet they will surely use the Scythe and Hammer of Soviet Union, even thought in some countries it is still as touchy subject as the Nazi Swastika is for Germany. I personally think its alright theres just the Iron Cross replacing the Swastika, but while FH2 is very historically accurate, it is a shame there wont be SS nor Swastika symbols in their correct places.

You took the words out of my mouth, IMO FH2 is historically accurate and I don't see why the german laws(I only think the swastika is banned in Germany and Austria) would get in the way for bringing it into the game.

// aka [F|H]Strilo on pubbie servers.

Offline hOMEr_jAy

• Lannister Loyalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 18-04-2009, 16:04:58 »
Just to make everything more clear, here´s the law that forbids the Swastika use in Germany:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strafgesetzbuch_%C2%A7_86a

SInce there are many players in Germany it would be illegal for them to play FH2 if there´d be Swastikas in the mod. That´s why the Devs decided to put the Iron Cross in the flag instead of the Hakenkreuz.
And so he spoke, and so he spoke, that lord of Castamere,
But now the rains weep o'er his hall, with no one there to hear.
Yes now the rains weep o'er his hall,
and not a soul to hear.

Offline Twonkle

• Leave Britney alone!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 18-04-2009, 16:04:55 »
Just to make everything more clear, here´s the law that forbids the Swastika use in Germany:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strafgesetzbuch_%C2%A7_86a

SInce there are many players in Germany it would be illegal for them to play FH2 if there´d be Swastikas in the mod. That´s why the Devs decided to put the Iron Cross in the flag instead of the Hakenkreuz.

Is wolfenstein illegal in germany?

// aka [F|H]Strilo on pubbie servers.