Author Topic: the thread that isnt big cuz of its content, but because of the word swastika  (Read 14406 times)

Offline Alakazou

• FHer from the beginning
    • View Profile
On FF forum, someone had show some screenshoot about some modified texture and he said it was possible to do with bf2 engine.

Offline Kev4000

• Developer
  • FH2 "special" coder
    • View Profile
But.. what happens if FH2 team decides.. now.. to add Swastikas..

I really dont see the Bundeswehr storming the Lobo's House.. or German Special Forces raiding the Lighting One..

Torenico, you didn't read this thread, did you?.

I am not expert in this coding stuff, but I guess BF2 is not user friendly with these client side mods, otherwise someone had done already a pack with the dreaded swastikas long time ago

Actually its easily possible. However, someone can't do a pack with "just" swastikas without being labelled a nazi, which is why no one has done it. And on some of our textures there's a warning by the creator to not add any swastikas to them under any circumstance.

Offline Torenico

• Masterspammer
  • ¡Viva la Revolución!
    • View Profile
I think it was RAD who said that.

I remeber it.. i was playing whit the Editor.. the PzIII J says that.. inside the turret.. it says "Property of FH2 Team.. no Swastikas Allowed".

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
I'm more for adding multitudes of insigna (for eg. the the various airborne insgna etc), or the variant between the panzergranadier, farshirm, SS and werhmartch uniform. The Swatstika is really a small deal, and sadly, there are folks out there who see the need to recall 'glorious nazism' once we give a hint that it isn't all that bad a symbol, and no one should give that crap about it being a buddhist symbol either

I really advocate for the hand signs, and from the 3rd and 1st person view of the scout calling for arty without looking through the binocs, I know it is possible, but yer, yer, it IS going to be a real load.

To make it possible at all, the devs COULD add 1 or 2 of such extended animations with each release, so that by say, the 7th release there would be some significant 3rd person animations.... And nothing as ridiculous as saluting, no.... Maybe a fist up to signifiy 'hold', the same scout animation can be used for 'go, go, go', just repeatitive and faster and pointing at the eyes followed by pointing in a direction would signify 'enemy spotted'.

If workload was not a problem and we could jsut imagine all the animations possible for commands in, well, I think we would be having a game with some SERIOUS immersions. Imagine for instance, there was a way of whispering, say by using minus and plus to change voice level from shout, to talk to whisper and finally to no sound, then the hand signals would really be tres cool in a special ops mission, where the element of surprise is paramount

What is more, hand signals could aid in suppression and flank tactics. 'Cover fire' would be accompanied in 1st and 3rd person by an animation similar to that in BIA (side-truned fist pounding the air in the direction of the enemy), 'go, go, go' as already stated, 'fall back' etc.... And perhasp bots that follow your exact words as in terms of where to move and how to suppress. Personally, if a few were to be done with each version release, I'd say those particular ones 'suppress', 'hold', 'go, go, go' and 'take cover' (represented by holding the helmet, facing downward and slgihtly looking back) should be top on the list

But these are fair dreams by people who don't mod... so pardon our crass requests.... :D

Offline Lobo

• Developer
    • View Profile
Actually its easily possible. However, someone can't do a pack with "just" swastikas without being labelled a nazi, which is why no one has done it. And on some of our textures there's a warning by the creator to not add any swastikas to them under any circumstance.

If is posible then let's blame laziness of people because Mr_Cheese made the skin pack for FH1 and he is not nazi.

Offline Knoffhoff

• Developer
  • Vorstopper
    • View Profile
Wow, I really thought this subject had been dealt with often enough, so that the big discussion would not start up again.
I didn't read the last couple of pages because there really is no use to discuss this issue again.
It is a fact that the Swastica is forbidden in germany and it is a fact that many FH players, servers, websites and DEVS are in Germany and could be sued for playing, hosting or creating the mod. Therefor we will not have swastikas in the mod.
If you want Swastikas, take FH2, subtract all the work of the German devs who helped to build that mod (Toddel, Messiha, Purity, German Bratwurst, Beregil, BUG$, Lili Marlene and me [sorry I forgot someone]) and see what you get.
« Last Edit: 19-04-2009, 08:04:05 by Knoffhoff »

Offline Schneider

• Ofw.Josef_Schneider
    • View Profile
I'm still waiting for the post branding me (at least implicitly, for the myriardst time) as nazi because I say we don't need and don't want swastikas in our beloved mod.  ::)

Offline Toddel

• Administrator
  • Donate for the biggest BattleField Mod Supporter!!
    • View Profile
Ok. This is over now. We made a clear Statement. If i had saw this before i closed it much earlier.

again. Forgotten Hope will never add any German Nazi symbols to the Mod. Simple because we all are against Fascism and dont want to collide with the GERMAN Law. We will also not add any Finnish ones. We will add Russian Flags and the Japanes War flag if we like it as long as we dont have a Official request to remove it. (German Law made it needed to remove the Downloadlinks and News from German websites in the past.)

Finally if you want a Game with all this Insignias Symbols and War Criminals simple made it yourself!

There is no need for further Discuissions! The last Decision is up to us and we did it long ago.  Against!