Author Topic: Battlefield: Korea  (Read 11990 times)

Offline Anthony817

• View Profile
Re: Battlefield: Korea
« Reply #60 on: 11-07-2016, 23:07:59 »
Hey old friend, thanks for the inspiring words! It is great to see people still have a lot of hope for our mod. We are still very ambitious, and are trying to keep it AAA quality where we can. I even got a real Korean voice actor to record commorose dialogue for us, and he put a lot of heartfelt emotion into his lines. It is really awesome to hear his voice in game as a KPA player rallying the team, or as an American hearing them scream at you and charge.

PR let us use their WW2 soldiers, but we heavily reskinned them so they fit with the Korean war better. It was only 5 years after WW2 so uniforms were pretty similar to an extent.

As for KPA characters, well, we do have the 1 character Zefan and Serig were working on, but it is in game and looks great. We just lack anybody to rig our true USA player models, or help us with additional KPA, PVA/PLA and ROK forces. We have full use of any assets we need or could repurpose from EOD2, so perhaps we can do something similar to what we did with the PR:WW2 reskins.

Anyways, stay tuned, we still have lots more to get done. But the mod is towards the later stages of development for sure.

Offline GeoPat

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 13-07-2016, 19:07:21 »
I'd be willing to try a map or a least start one.

Offline Anthony817

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 14-07-2016, 00:07:45 »
Wow really? Dude, seriously, your maps for the FH2 CMP and WAW are some seriously amazing pieces of work! I would be honored if you would help us out!

I was actually wanting to message you personally to ask you if you might be interested in doing this since you are good with Pacific themed maps, and we are wanting to have some nice Beach Assault type maps. Only issue was on 762 I was unable to send members direct PM's, so not sure if it was because I was a newly registered member or not.

Ismoleboss, a modder from Moddb has been helping us out on an Operation Chromite Inchon landing map. We want a faithful recreation of this massive sea invasion, but we are working overtime with limited manpower to try and make this a reality.

If you would like to chat in private sometime about potential scenarious for maps, you can message me on Moddb or here and I can give you my skype info or you can reach me on Steam @Anthony817.

Thanks a lot for the offer.  ;)

Offline GeoPat

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 14-07-2016, 05:07:52 »
For the record, I only made the smaller levels for many of the CMP maps not the actual maps.  I was involved in some of the organizing of Pacific events and the CMP but all finished maps are made by other mappers.  I do have a completed(mostly) map of my own, but it has only been released for testing.  I have half a dozen or so started projects as well, but who doesn't. 

I am still learning the fine points of the editor and other tools but I feel confident I can at least get a map started.  Your best hope is that the activity inspires more seasoned people to contribute.  Most of the unofficial content here comes from the tournament communities.  They have a lot of capable people who work a little faster than the official devs of FH2 or PR for better or for worse.  The tournaments are also looking for other good mods to play.  I encourage you to make contacts there.  I will look at your map ideas and contact you soon.

Offline Anthony817

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 14-07-2016, 07:07:37 »
Thank you! I will post there and hopefully we can generate interest! Like you said, it is getting as many people involved to show there is clear interest, to convince the more seasoned devs to join us.

I actually just got contacted by a game developer, whom is a main coder. He has shown me his portfolio, and it is looking very impressive. I think he just gave this mod a shot in the arm, and he has a close friend that can rig player models for us, so now finally it seems the work those 2 German twin brothers put into this mod all those years ago will finally be put to good use. He said we can get new player models as well, so if it all pans out more factions for sure!

Every day that passes, more and more people are joining our team who have some clear talent. The future is looking very bright indeed, and we should have all the weapons animated soon if everything works out!

Offline Anthony817

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 19-09-2016, 13:09:45 »
Just posted our latest news update. Enjoy!

http://www.moddb.com/mods/battlefield-korea/news/autumn-update4

Offline buschhans

• View Profile
    • [HG] BF 1942/2 Mod Community
« Reply #66 on: 19-09-2016, 18:09:41 »
Just posted our latest news update. Enjoy!

http://www.moddb.com/mods/battlefield-korea/news/autumn-update4

The FHSW Community Japan create also a Korea Forces update too. Check the source of the article to my information: http://hg-clan.blogspot.com/2015/10/fhsw-korean-war-addon-project-is-in-work.html

Enjoy.;-)

Offline Anthony817

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 19-09-2016, 20:09:34 »
Yeah I saw that addon a few months ago. Still nice to see somebody else try to give the Korean War some love in Battlefield besides us.  ;D

Offline Jimi Hendrix

• Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 25-09-2016, 14:09:42 »
 Please do "Battle of Pork Chop Hill".

Offline Anthony817

• View Profile

Offline Anthony817

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 09-12-2016, 23:12:40 »

Offline Matthew_Baker

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 10-12-2016, 02:12:15 »
Nice update. Lots of stuff going in 8)

Offline MajorMajor

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 10-12-2016, 10:12:56 »
Looking really good. Are you making 16 and 32p layers for your maps as well? Really looking forward to playing this on multiplayer.

Offline Anthony817

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 10-12-2016, 22:12:40 »
Well right now we have a LOT of placeholder maps, but I might have a new guy who can make some truly epic maps for us. I use some of the larger Asian themed maps Jones made with some edits to them to remove a lot of super modern stuff from them. Eastern Showdown is one of our larger maps he created, but we need more members helping us out. We do have a handful of official maps though, an Aircraft only map based on MiG Alley is pretty damn epic. Think Air Superiority mode in the more modern BF games.

Also great news guys, the Forgotten Honor Tournament contacted me a few weeks ago and set us up with a test server so we have tested the mod online a little bit, and they would like to do some official campaigns for us!

I am trying to get all loose ends taken care of for a POSSIBLE December 25th release! So stay tuned as we are finally after 11 long years about to unleash this "Forgotten mod" unto the masses. :)

Offline FHMax3

• Gunnery Sargeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 14-12-2016, 13:12:12 »
I can't wait!!
That other thread failed miserably and if you try to spam or flame here, I will break your arms.
FH2 won't be the last FH. ;)