Author Topic: CTD on map loading  (Read 1819 times)

Offline blander

• View Profile
Re: CTD on map loading
« Reply #15 on: 31-05-2018, 18:05:01 »
I tried running on windowed mode without getting any message.

Bastogne crashes at 85%.

Not every map crashes. When I test the crashy maps on "Create Local" they do not crash.

Offline blander

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 03-06-2018, 05:06:21 »
Is there anything I could do to try sort this out? Right now I can only play less than half of the maps from the map pool. Basically I had to stop playing since the mod update came out... this really sucks.

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 03-06-2018, 09:06:18 »
According to this, your problem can be caused by custom textures on equipment that is being used on maps that crash your game. I know you are working on your map, and some other modding (you edited the Tiger tank for your Berlin project, right?) is there a chance you did modify something in your build, or maybe you are using some 3rd party addons, that prevents you from joining the server? Double check if there are any assets that may be shared between maps that CTD for you.
« Last Edit: 03-06-2018, 10:06:45 by jan_kurator »

Offline blander

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 03-06-2018, 22:06:56 »
Alright, weird stuff are going on.

Thanks jan, the problem was related to that. Matt_Baker´s texture pack was the problem. I tried to uninstall it and repair it from the launcher but it did not work. So I manually deleted the folders "land" and "air" from the mod´s Objects/Vehicles/ path. After that I ran a repair in order to get those folders back in vanilla form and guess what...

1. The folders were not downloaded/repaired. They are just not there.

2. I can play normally! I can even play the maps online I used to CTD on.

3. Matt_Baker´s textures do not show in-game anymore.

The question is... How on earth is the game working at all. All the land and air vehicle files are missing!!! I deleted them myself! Where is the game taking all the vehicle information from? Those folders weigh like 3 GB. I don´t understand this.

Offline Stubbfan

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 03-06-2018, 22:06:44 »
You are talking about the unpacked objects folder now?

Those are only there because you extracted them yourself while setting up bf2editor.
Fh2 mod only have all these in .zip files.
If you have all stuff unpacked, the game will in certain conditions load the unpacked stuff before the packed stuff.

Solution: Make a copy of the fh2 folder which you use for your modding. Have the unpacked stuff and such there. Leave the other copy intact without anything extracted. Switch between the two by renaming them back and forth when modding/playing.
OR
Make a copy of your entire battlefield 2 folder and put it somewhere else. Use one copy for modding and one for playing. Also works.

Offline blander

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 03-06-2018, 22:06:12 »
I had completely forgotten I unpacked those folders for the editor. Problem solved. Thank you!

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 03-06-2018, 23:06:05 »
Glad to hear it helped, see you on the server!  ;)

Offline StrumFlim

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 04-06-2018, 00:06:46 »
Ok removing the 'objects' folder did the trick also with me.

I have had installed the mat baker package, but it is uninstalled atm. However the updater shows it still, as being 'not installed', but still somehow it remembers.

I also installed the BF2editor.

I just started with the onject folder, and yes now it seems I can play all maps. Does this mean I cannot use BF editor to full potential anymore because the objects folder is now missing (I saved it for now somewhere else)?

Thanks a lot guys, I hope the problems stay away now :D

Offline blander

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 04-06-2018, 06:06:32 »
First of all, I want to thank everyone for your help. Maybe someone could stick a thread with the solution to this problem, a bunch of people have it.

StrumFlim, delete the "Objects" folder you saved somewhere else, it is messed up due to the new mod update. Unpack the Objects.zip files again just as you did when you setup bf2editor.

Tomorrow I will re-download the Matt_Baker´s texture pack and install it over the updated files. In theory it should work, as per Matt_Baker´s instructions (re-installing after a mod´s update).

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 04-06-2018, 07:06:55 »
I also installed the BF2editor.

I just started with the onject folder, and yes now it seems I can play all maps. Does this mean I cannot use BF editor to full potential anymore because the objects folder is now missing (I saved it for now somewhere else)?
Yes, but you shouldn’t use the same build for playing the game and using your Editor, to avoid issues like this in the first place. Check Stubbfan’s post above to find out how set up it correctly.