Author Topic: Seeding the Files  (Read 417 times)

Offline Thesalamanderman

• La donna è mobile
    • View Profile
Seeding the Files
« on: 16-06-2018, 21:06:08 »
I want to seed the mod files to help you spread FH2. In the download page it says: "You can help us spread FH2.53 by seeding the torrent file. FH2.53 Torrent", but when I click the link, the process to download the mod (with utorrent) starts. I installed BF2 and FH2 in 2016 and I've updated it recently to 2.53, so I suppose I have those files, how do I seed the mod with my existing files?

PS: I installed FH2 recently on another PC using the link provided in the following post: Unofficial FH2 Standalone (almost) Installer (Updated 27/05/2018),
http://fhpubforum.warumdarum.de/index.php?topic=21663.0
The game runs fine exept for some random flashy light grey bands across the screen, like there is some kind of party behind the monitor. How do I fix this?
'you paid with your steel, we paid with our blood'

Offline Mayhemic.MAD

• Developer
    • View Profile
Re: Seeding the Files
« Reply #1 on: 18-06-2018, 11:06:39 »
I guess the problem is that utorrent usually creates a subfolder from the torrent name in the folder you selected as download location. So if you tell it to download to c:\games\bf2\ it will actually download the files to c:\games\bf2\fh2-client-3.4.311\ . You need to disable the subfolder creation somehow when adding the torrent file.
Der Motor des Panzers ist ebenso seine Waffe wie die Kanone.
Heinz Guderian

--- Donate for the biggest BattleField Mod Supporter!! ---

Offline Thesalamanderman

• La donna è mobile
    • View Profile
Re: Seeding the Files
« Reply #2 on: 20-06-2018, 18:06:16 »
Ok, I'll try to solve that problem first. Thanks!
'you paid with your steel, we paid with our blood'