Author Topic: War Thunder  (Read 117455 times)

Offline :| Hi

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
Re: War Thunder
« Reply #1185 on: 06-01-2014, 21:01:29 »
GF looks fun. Saw a video a buddy linked to me where a flakpanzer took on an H6K4  ;D

The H6K4 won while the streamer was distracted but it was cool.

Dukat, if you play mostly AB, all you need are keen vision, vitality (prevent dem pilot snipes on you a little) and the other vision one. That way you can spot far off foes, be mostly invisible, and be resistant to bullets a little more than the average pilot. G-forces and stamina aren't quite at important. G-forces are important if you play with burn n turn fights or just turn fight in general in a high G environment though

[2:06:54 PM] Tolga: cant use tha shit underwater -Tolga on the G3

Offline Torenico

• Masterspammer
  • ¡Viva la Revolución!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1186 on: 06-01-2014, 23:01:55 »
Amigo Hi, teach me how to be a great pilot on WT as I teached you how to be a great Stalker in STALKER.

Offline Dukat

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1187 on: 07-01-2014, 01:01:01 »
Hmm. I have yet to find reload speed. Are you talking about reload speed in mid-air or about reload speed after having landed on a runway? Will look into this and report back.

Currently I play mostly Arcade, basically because the wait is so long for Historical Missions. But in general those are fun as well. I just happen to rip off one of the landing gears from my Ju 87, each flight. I still need to practice how to fly without ripping the airplane into 2 parts.

But I abuse the flight dynamics in Arcade mode as much as possible. Like diving with the Ju 87 full speed, at 700 km/h, from 5500 feet, down onto the target, just to pull up and take the remaining speed to climb back to 2800 feet.

I usually imagine my own sounds with it, like `tjunk, tupdieyupdiedee` aaa enemy spotted, ratatatataboom

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1188 on: 07-01-2014, 04:01:32 »
Amigo Hi, teach me how to be a great pilot on WT as I teached you how to be a great Stalker in STALKER.

And a good teacher you were my friend. What mode do you mainly play? What tree do you like to focus on generally?

Offline siben

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1189 on: 07-01-2014, 15:01:33 »

Currently I play mostly Arcade, basically because the wait is so long for Historical Missions. But in general those are fun as well. I just happen to rip off one of the landing gears from my Ju 87, each flight. I still need to practice how to fly without ripping the airplane into 2 parts.

Well, you have airbrakes for a reason, that Stuka cant dive as fast as you would think.

Offline Torenico

• Masterspammer
  • ¡Viva la Revolución!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1190 on: 07-01-2014, 17:01:19 »

And a good teacher you were my friend. What mode do you mainly play? What tree do you like to focus on generally?

I used to play AB, but could jump into historicals or realism or whatever they are called. I was a dedicated Japanese player and I was aiming for the 262 and Komet on the German tree. I need to reinstall the game though, but first I have to defrag my disk so yeah.

I need to pretty much understand even the most basic game mechanics. I have +360 hours on IL-2 Sturmovik, if that helps, with a small but quite effective online record.

Offline Tankbuster

• View Profile
« Reply #1191 on: 07-01-2014, 17:01:38 »
This game has become too Grindy. Oh god. I cannot keep doing this.

Offline Sander93

• View Profile
« Reply #1192 on: 07-01-2014, 18:01:54 »
Hmm. I have yet to find reload speed. Are you talking about reload speed in mid-air or about reload speed after having landed on a runway? Will look into this and report back.

It's under the crew tab. It decreases reloading time on airfields, but for AB it also decreases loading time in the air. Machineguns, cannons, bombs and rockets all reload faster.

It's also one of the skills that get the bonus when you veteran or ace the pilot to a specific aircraft.

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1193 on: 08-01-2014, 00:01:41 »
You may like RB or SB in WT Tor. Especially if you like to play with a joystick for SB.

If you prefer AB, lemme know what planes you have in your line up

Offline Dukat

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1194 on: 08-01-2014, 01:01:17 »
Well, you have airbrakes for a reason, that Stuka cant dive as fast as you would think.

I wasn't that fast, but I think I lost the gears when I actually pulled her up again. Hmm. Maybe i was too fast in the end. :-\

And I paid 7k silver each for training the crews for their specific airplanes, gives a great boost to some skills, was definitely worth the money.

I usually imagine my own sounds with it, like `tjunk, tupdieyupdiedee` aaa enemy spotted, ratatatataboom

Offline Damaso

• I belong to Naughty Club
    • View Profile
« Reply #1195 on: 08-01-2014, 06:01:40 »

I wasn't that fast, but I think I lost the gears when I actually pulled her up again. Hmm. Maybe i was too fast in the end. :-\

I know that feel bro.

it looks somekind like an "German F4U Corsair" tough..  8)

Offline Hjaldrgud

• BF2 Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #1196 on: 13-01-2014, 09:01:52 »
Did anyone get access to ground forces here?

"Generous and brave men live the best" -Hávamál

Offline DLFReporter

• FH-Betatester
  • Betatesting FH2 makes me edgy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1197 on: 20-01-2014, 09:01:10 »
Nope. I was playing with the idea of buying a tank pack to get into the CBT, but spending 50€ for a biweekly test that goes from 14:00-18:00 my time isn't mine.
Gravity is a habit that is hard to shake off

Offline Torenico

• Masterspammer
  • ¡Viva la Revolución!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1198 on: 22-01-2014, 23:01:06 »
Last night I had my most satisfactory "kill" with my Japanese paperplane.

It was a normal day for me, a bomber hunter, so I was shot down after three kills in my Ki-45 Toryu otsu, they still had bombers up so I picked up my Ki-45 ko, chased a PBY around, but got too close to him, I tried to avoid ramming, I kinda did...., I rammed him yes (It wasn't my intention, rammers have small penis) he lost his tail, my right engine died and that's it, I landed and was up again after a minute.

But also the most disappointing, bombing a medium tanks and AAA column with the D3A1 on this map with Grozny in it and getting sniped by an AAA, early in the match.

Offline Tankbuster

• View Profile
« Reply #1199 on: 23-01-2014, 08:01:09 »
I haz the Focke Wulf 190. ;D