Author Topic: War Thunder  (Read 117309 times)

Offline Musti

• View Profile
Re: War Thunder
« Reply #375 on: 01-07-2013, 17:07:43 »
You need to find the squadron and click "join", that should be enough :D.
Beaufighters <3

20 mm's and torpedoes.
I see the mighty Beau is getting popular around here, small wonder considering it has firepower of 3-4 regular fighters, while still being relatively fast and almost being agile. (AND cheap to repair, AND it looks good, AND its quite low tier).
You should definitely try out the Do 217 heavy fighter if you're planning on going with ze German tree.
4x20mm cannons loaded with minengeshoß does the job.
WARNING!
Assholes are closer than they appear!

Offline Kalkalash

• aka Niko1992
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: 01-07-2013, 17:07:40 »
The new Japanese attack attack planes are also very good. Just as nimble as the Japanese fighters and armed with a 20mm cannon and a 37mm field gun.
“Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.” - George Carlin

Offline Butcher

• ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: 01-07-2013, 18:07:17 »
Actually as a lvl 10 German I can tell you the 217 aswell as the 410 is a waste of money. Don´t even think about going down that tree. It´s only good for shits and giggles using the 50mm armed 410 - and then only for destroying bombers. You have been warned.

@ McCloskey: I think I fought you in an Arcade Battle the last days. I can remember this name Perniczech. I was wondering what "perni" meant.

As for the FH2 squad: I assume you are going to play historical mode. So I can offer you lvl 10 Ger or lvl 4 Brits and US. I´m one lvl to the FW190 <3.
He got banned for our sins. He was not the member FH forums deserved, he was the member we needed.

Offline Musti

• View Profile
« Reply #378 on: 01-07-2013, 18:07:22 »
Actually as a lvl 10 German I can tell you the 217 aswell as the 410 is a waste of money. Don´t even think about going down that tree. It´s only good for shits and giggles using the 50mm armed 410 - and then only for destroying bombers. You have been warned.
What? no! 217 is great! I'm having tons of fun with mine. Of course I'm talking about arcade so the experience may vary depending on the game mode.
WARNING!

Offline Ciupita

• Gay Lord
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: 01-07-2013, 18:07:24 »
You need to find the squadron and click "join", that should be enough :D.
Beaufighters <3

20 mm's and torpedoes.
I see the mighty Beau is getting popular around here, small wonder considering it has firepower of 3-4 regular fighters, while still being relatively fast and almost being agile. (AND cheap to repair, AND it looks good, AND its quite low tier).
You should definitely try out the Do 217 heavy fighter if you're planning on going with ze German tree.
4x20mm cannons loaded with minengeshoß does the job.

Yesterday I shot down 3 Ki-61s (two a models and one b) and Ki-45, don't remember which model, in one (historical) battle with Beau Mk.VIc. That plane is a beast.

Offline Thorondor123

• God Emperor
  • Global Moderator
  • Lugbûrz-ûr!
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: 01-07-2013, 19:07:03 »
^In the same game I sank two destroyers, a cargo shit and few landing crafts ;D
Let mortal heroes sing your fame

Offline :| Hi

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: 01-07-2013, 19:07:58 »
 ;D
« Last Edit: 24-01-2021, 07:01:17 by :| Hi »

[2:06:54 PM] Tolga: cant use tha shit underwater -Tolga on the G3

Offline Surfbird

• View Profile
« Reply #382 on: 01-07-2013, 20:07:51 »
So what do I need to join? I'm probably gonna put in more gaming hours during the summer... Currently I can offer a P40 (suckish) / Wildcat for the US and a Beaufighter / Spit Mk II for the Brits...

Get a Corsair, Lucky. I learnt it's one of the best fighters, if not the best fighter in HB for Americans as it can keep up with higher tier planes very well and it's really enjoyable to fly. High speed, decent turn, good climb. It's a really great allrounder.

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: 01-07-2013, 20:07:27 »
I have heard that the F4u-1c is the best american fighter ingame

Offline McCloskey

• Developer
  • Heart or head, either way Jerry's dead!
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: 01-07-2013, 20:07:25 »
@ McCloskey: I think I fought you in an Arcade Battle the last days. I can remember this name Perniczech. I was wondering what "perni" meant.

could be, I've played a couple of arcade rounds recently, but I usually play just HB.

"perni" by itself doesn't actually mean anything (at least not that I know of), the name's kind of a play on my nationality and an old name of "pernik" I used to go by when I was younger which is Czech for gingerbread (I was never really creative and I had to choose a name when I started playing online and it just so happened that I was eating gingerbread..), perniczech is a portmanteau of that and czech which should be pronounced roughly as [per-nee-tshek] which is a Czech diminutive of pernik... yeah :D

You've heard right, that thing is a beast, it's really easy to use and rips apart everything. And I mean EVERYTHING. All it takes is a short burst from them four 20 mils and the enemy usually loses a wing or tail. And you have nearly 1,000 shells - talk about overkill. I was kind of mad at first that they upped the repair price (35k to 44k) but after a couple of games I realized why they did that. You really want to get this plane, my initial goal was to get the Mustang and fly the crap out of that bird, instead it's collecting dust and I make shitload of money with the Corsair, owning the skies laughing hysterically after every kill.
« Last Edit: 01-07-2013, 20:07:50 by McCloskey »

Offline LuckyOne

• Purple Heart Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: 01-07-2013, 21:07:52 »
I fully upgraded my H6K4. 4000Lb worth of power in two 1000Kg bombs. only takes 8 passes for me to destroy an airfield. Wouldnt recommend flying the damned things though, no way to make money until bombs are denerfed. Can't make a profit at all.

God those things are beasts. I once got in a game and there was a whole squadron of them... And it was quite a low tier game too, we mostly had Brit fighters with .303s! Needless to say that we only managed to bring one down before we were wiped out... I stuck around for a bit after one of those bastards shot me down and even our bloody bombers were trying to bring them down! Have you ever seen a bomber dogfighting? :D
« Last Edit: 01-07-2013, 21:07:21 by LuckyOne »
This sentence is intentionally left unfinished...

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: 01-07-2013, 21:07:13 »
I fully upgraded my H6K4. 4000Lb worth of power in two 1000Kg bombs. only takes 8 passes for me to destroy an airfield. Wouldnt recommend flying the damned things though, no way to make money until bombs are denerfed. Can't make a profit at all.

God those things are beasts. I once got in a game and there was a whole squadron of them... And it was quite a low tier game too, we mostly had Brit fighters with .303s! Needless to say that we only managed to bring one down before we were wiped out... I stuck around for a bit after one of those bastards shot me down and even our bloody bombers were trying to bring them down! Have you ever seen a bomber dogfighting? :D

Yeah, they are insanely resilient.
http://imgur.com/a/PG6JF

Also the H6K4 Pre-war camo skin

Offline hitm4k3r

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: 01-07-2013, 21:07:44 »

I would go that far to call it the best fighter of all nations for those tiers. All Corsairs are good actually. Mostly it ends up in climbing battles to like 6-8k metres and those beasts are still above you. Needless to say that the Corsair out climbs most other fighters and you are mostly easy meat. Those guns shred everything apart with one burst and it is needless to say that you can't get rid of them as they are mostyl if not always faster than you when coming from higher altitudes. The only thing you can do is turning like a maniac, but that only works if there is not a cloud of Corsairs on your tail. And with the current state of the game you have little chance to get only one Corsair as opponent.

In short words - it's the new Yak 9T, wich got nerfed btw. Getting on someones's tail is not a problem, but the accuracy of the 37 mm got reduced alot, so better expect to hit nothing. It is only good against heavy fighters, attackers and bombers.

ME 410 is awesome btw. Go for the one with the 4x20mm cannons and you are good to rape some planes.

Offline Musti

• View Profile
« Reply #388 on: 01-07-2013, 22:07:19 »
Yeah, bombing sucks in this patch (shit, I think it sucks since 1.29), most bombs are like hand grenades, and rockets are like tennis balls or something, I've stopped playing all of my bombers, apart from the Wellington, because it as that awesome 4000 lbs nuke, always fun to drop.
BTW. Great camo :d

P40 is only good at high alt, otherwise I agree it sucks.
Which is funny considering it was more of a med/low altitude fighter. Dunno why they nerfed it so badly, its not like it was OP or something. It's a pity because I like that plane a lot.

"perni" by itself doesn't actually mean anything (at least not that I know of), the name's kind of a play on my nationality and an old name of "pernik" I used to go by when I was younger which is Czech for gingerbread (I was never really creative and I had to choose a name when I started playing online and it just so happened that I was eating gingerbread..), perniczech is a portmanteau of that and czech which should be pronounced roughly as [per-nee-tshek] which is a Czech diminutive of pernik... yeah :D
Having read that I just realised. [per-nee-tshek] means "Little gingerbread" in Polish.
Gingerbreadception!
WARNING!

Offline Torenico

• Masterspammer
  • ¡Viva la Revolución!
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: 02-07-2013, 00:07:43 »
I suck at this game, I'm just terrible!.

My joystick works, the only problem is that no button works! So I have to fire with my keyboard. Not a big deal, but switching my hand from the keyboard to the joystick just to slow down my airplane a little is uh, damn.

I will be doing "All Japanese", Maybe going for the 262 on Germany... I bought a Ki-43, a fine airplane with some nice guns, an improvement from the Ki-10s - A5M4 automatic pistols.