Author Topic: War Thunder  (Read 117419 times)

Offline Tedacious

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
Re: War Thunder
« Reply #195 on: 20-03-2013, 18:03:50 »
Thanks for telling me this. Haven't played for a month now. I thought it was a slow grind before, but even worse now? I won't come back then.
I see were you are trying to reach: "how can a 17 year old kid have such a thinking like this? why doesnt he wants to be like normal teens who whana get rich? and his plan actually makes sense, but is too damn revolutionary and good at the same time than is still doubthfull if it works..." - Damaso

Offline SiCaRiO

• View Profile
« Reply #196 on: 20-03-2013, 23:03:06 »
you lot are a bunch os sissys, remember it is still in beta. I love that I can kill tiers 13 with my rusty p40 :P

Offline GuinNess

• Member of Irishforce
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: 21-03-2013, 00:03:06 »
I started playing this game on Monday before the new patch and i quite liked it, but now after the patch me frustration keeps going up. It's a pain in the ass now tho fly that rubbish P-26. My goal is to get the P-47.

Offline McCloskey

• Developer
  • Heart or head, either way Jerry's dead!
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: 21-03-2013, 00:03:50 »
^ unless you fly HB (where boom and zoom is a viable tactic), once (if) you actually get the Jug your ass will continue hurting ;D (not saying its 8 .50 cals don't do dmg, but there's a reason you don't see a lot of Jugs, Corsairs and other similar aircraft in arcade...)

Offline Musti

• View Profile
« Reply #199 on: 21-03-2013, 00:03:19 »
Actually, the problem with P-47 was that it used to cost 9k to repair (for comparison, average Bf 109 is around 2k), so you basically lose money with it, but it's armament is epic, I have the F6F, which is "the same but less" and it kicks ass.
WARNING!
Assholes are closer than they appear!

Offline hitm4k3r

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: 21-03-2013, 02:03:26 »
You can still earn enough money to get new planes and level up. If you really want to try grinding up the levels try HB. 2 ground targets and two airplanes give still 10000+ XP and lions.

The time to use a single airplane got just extented what I personaly prefere. I really get to know the single planes and can try wich tactics and ammo loadouts fit best. And I really like the HB. They offer alot more depth and you get rid of those freakin rammers.

To sum it up ... with the current build it just isn't the game for the lunch break anymore

Offline Musti

• View Profile
« Reply #201 on: 21-03-2013, 13:03:51 »
So, they've made a new little patch, dive bombing for all bombers is back again, only now you get a random dispersion when you dive, its both good and bad, I like its somewhere in the middle ground between realism and acrade (nd thats good for arcade mode right?) its great that dive bombing no longer allows for pin point accuracy with a heavy bomber, but i also think that bombers now are even slightly more powerful (just imagine Ju 88 ground coverage with its 36 bombs), basically now we have shotgun bombs.

And now onto something completely different, have you guys tried the Mitchell yet? I think its awesome!
excellent defensive armament, properly quick, enough agility to do some crude dodging AND it can shoot down planes( takes a bit of work but it can). Bomb loads are crap at the beginning, but the last one with 3x 1000lb bombs sound good. It also looks awesome with its polished aluminum fuselage :D
WARNING!

Offline McCloskey

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: 21-03-2013, 16:03:31 »
I have the T7 one and I guess it's okay-ish... bomb load kind of sucks and it's not super durable either (I got shot down by frickin Chaika, then again, my gunners aren't really that trained...). It's good, but I'm not sure if I'll be training my crew for the one at T9 (since the only difference is addition of one more .50 cal in the front and bomb load remains the same). I'm looking forward to other variants, perhaps B-25H with its 75 mm.

Offline Tankbuster

• View Profile
« Reply #203 on: 21-03-2013, 17:03:03 »
So, they've made a new little patch, dive bombing for all bombers is back again, only now you get a random dispersion when you dive, its both good and bad, I like its somewhere in the middle ground between realism and acrade (nd thats good for arcade mode right?) its great that dive bombing no longer allows for pin point accuracy with a heavy bomber, but i also think that bombers now are even slightly more powerful (just imagine Ju 88 ground coverage with its 36 bombs), basically now we have shotgun bombs.

Ok, time to go the ze German side.

Offline hitm4k3r

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: 22-03-2013, 13:03:09 »
Yeah, you should give german planes defenetly a try. They are even in performance and durabilty to the fighters of the other nations now.

I flew the russian planes for the first time yesterday with the new patch. IL 2M is a beast at it's finest. APIT ammunition in the MG's and Omnipurpose ammo in the cannon's rocks as hell and shreds everything to pieces not to metion the shitload of ammunition. It got alot more agile so that I can turn out all those american fighters like the P40, P39, P63, P47. There is something wrong about the FM I guess  ;D

The 37mm cannon of the Yak 9T has finaly some kick and you really have to fire in bursts or singleshots to hit something. But that finaly makes it interesting as you have to snipe your targets out of the air. It's a great challenge to hunt down fighters with it. Bombers are not much of a problem with it though. You can really kill shred them piece by piece especialy the Catalyna. But the Yak 9T can defenetly stand too many shots.

What I like about the bombers is the fact that your tailgunner is really effective now if you take the controll yourself. I shot down countless Spitfires on my tail yesterday with Ar2 and IL2M.

Offline McCloskey

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: 24-03-2013, 03:03:03 »
While the B-25 does have botched FM, I realized you don't really need anything more than 100 lbs to destroy AAA/arty/light vehicles even after the bomb nerf and its .50 cal armament is simply BAWS. Strafed a Wellington, nailed a tailing Yak-7 with mah tail turret OF DOOM, dived onto unsuspecting Dauntless... it's actually pretty darn awesome bomber when things go well and you don't crash after entering an endless spin because you wanted to turn just a little sharper.

Offline Yustax

• German bias forevah!
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: 24-03-2013, 05:03:19 »
The patch killed many planes that didnt need any fixing. P40 its a slow whale now, and the turn of the FW190D13 its extremely slow, plus its not as agile as before.

They really screwed a lot of the planes.

Offline Pejsaty

• View Profile
« Reply #207 on: 24-03-2013, 11:03:48 »
I've just uninstalled this crappy game. Why? Too many cheaters, like the guy who killed my pilot 3 times in a row with single burst! No shit... Also, last patch was so stupid - they increased prices, reduced bombs effectiveness, while I was getting bored with this game... Also, I keep increasing gunners accuracy at my bombers and no result - WTF? Pathethic game...

Offline Musti

• View Profile
« Reply #208 on: 24-03-2013, 11:03:58 »
The patch killed many planes that didnt need any fixing. P40 its a slow whale now, and the turn of the FW190D13 its extremely slow, plus its not as agile as before.

They really screwed a lot of the planes.
Exactly, well, good thing russian fighters aren't OP anymore

Oh....

WARNING!

Offline GuinNess

• Member of Irishforce
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: 24-03-2013, 17:03:21 »
So I found out that I can convert XP points to level up and I got now a P-40 an the A20. I'm a bit disappointed of the P-40 because I really like the plane but somehow I hardy can shoot down any other plane. However the A20 is super awsome! Can't wait to get B25 :D

Oh and if you guys want to add me: Klaus44