Author Topic: K98 3rd person (and 1st person?) animations  (Read 1010 times)

Offline Turkish007

• Masterspammer
  • Mini-mod necromancer
    • View Profile
K98 3rd person (and 1st person?) animations
« on: 14-09-2019, 18:09:04 »
Hello everyone,

Although I think the 3rd person animations of the K98 look nice, it looks weird when a guy is sprinting and suddenly shoots with it. Sometimes, if it happens quick enough, it is hard to even notice the guy raising the rifle to his shoulders for a shooting position. It looks like the shot is fired when he is still carrying the rifle by his side, or as if the guy takes the rifle into both hands and places it onto his shoulder with extraterrestrial speed.

So my suggestion is to bring back the old K98 3rd person animation (and if its desirable for the developers and players, the 1st person animation too, for the animations to match).

Also, I think the carry-weapon-by-the-side style animation could be used for heavier guns like the MG42, which cannot be fired while standing and/or for weapons with carrying handles such as the MG26(t), PzB39, Bren, etc...

Regards

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
Re: K98 3rd person (and 1st person?) animations
« Reply #1 on: 14-09-2019, 21:09:20 »
So my suggestion is to bring back the old K98 3rd person animation (and if its desirable for the developers and players, the 1st person animation too, for the animations to match).
It is not desired.

Offline Nerdsturm

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 14-09-2019, 23:09:59 »
I really like the German sprint animations - it makes it significantly easier to differentiate friend from foe so long as people aren't picking up k98's from the ground. Plus, it's a nice bit of flavor that I've not seen in other games.

Offline CptdeS35

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 15-09-2019, 01:09:31 »
The little downside you underlined is not really a problem, since as Nerd said you can easily tell who is who o
FH2 Dev (wait seriously ?)

Offline LuckyOne

• Purple Heart Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 17-09-2019, 02:09:16 »
It kinda bothers me when the devs are willing to compromise on these cosmetic issues but when we ask for firing MGs in standing position it's a no go because "it would look stupid"   ::)
This sentence is intentionally left unfinished...

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 17-09-2019, 16:09:57 »
It kinda bothers me when the devs are willing to compromise on these cosmetic issues but when we ask for firing MGs in standing position it's a no go because "it would look stupid"   ::)
There is no issue here tho, since you can't fire while sprinting, and the mentioned "bug" is only visible when release your sprint button and hip fire in a split second (who does that? you won't hit shit). When you stop running shifting animation (from one hand to normal) is being played automatically, when you aim, aiming animation is being played obviously, and aiming down the sights from one handed position isn't all that difficult in real life either. You can do that in "split second" if you practice and German soldiers were supposed to be trained to do that.  ;)

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 19-09-2019, 23:09:30 »
It has been tested, but the results were unsatisfying in almost every aspect.