Author Topic: Unofficial Nations Cup Signup Thread  (Read 57621 times)

Offline [130.Pz]S.Lainer

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
    • 130th
Re: Unofficial Nations Cup Signup Thread
« Reply #420 on: 15-06-2009, 03:06:19 »
   Congrats Poland 1!  Was great fun and I hope to do it again some time!  Thanks again Dutch!  

Would be nice next time to split up the servers between teams from Europe and NA since we was stuck always playing on that same Euro server.  That being said everyone played a good game (those Hungarians are just animals!) and I was really impressed with the teamwork from a bunch of ad hoc teams.
http://www.bfewaw.com/campaigns/waw24/promo/campaign/waw24banner1.png
The purpose of this deployment was to "annoy and defy the United States ... on her with Bofors 40 mm guns from a range of 650

Offline dutch

• FHT - F|H Tournament Founder
    • View Profile
    • www.forgottenhonor.com
« Reply #421 on: 15-06-2009, 03:06:41 »
cheers bro

But here is the final thread fellas let this one die in peace it did its part :)

http://fhpubforum.warumdarum.de/index.php?topic=1082.0
"Vive la mort, vive la guerre, vive le sacre mercenaire."

www.forgottenhonor.com

Offline Sword

• View Profile
« Reply #422 on: 15-06-2009, 15:06:58 »
Hey next time I would love to help you set up a tournament.

I have been in many 5v5 tournaments on a professional level.

Our team took on and beat the number one 5v5 team in BF2.

I would love to help you set up the style of play and help you with the stipulations for a large scale battle.

10v10 is good but confusing, it would be better a 6v6 that way you can have the best players play and it would eliminate some issues teams had with numbers.

Also Squad V Squad tactics is a lot more exciting. Also map selection is a big deal and ticket count.

All of those factors play a big part in the dynamic.

I think it would be good to run a 6v6 nations cup on the heels of this event, I think there will be a ton of interest and with the server suggestions I think we can still make it work by alternating servers. 

We need to do it on a Saturday around 9am eastern so that it wont draw late for the Euros.  Sunday is bad for many of the people who wish to attend church.

Let me know, I would love to help in the future, I love the infy only format it is very exciting and the tactics are varied as well.

Sword

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: 15-06-2009, 15:06:07 »
I did like the idea with two 64p teams, where every nations commits a squad.

Offline 508th PIR Hawkeye

• Pacific? :D
    • View Profile
    • www.508thpir.com
« Reply #424 on: 15-06-2009, 16:06:54 »

That's going to be a pain in the ass to orginaze
"The American Paratrooper exists to give the  enemy soldier the best chance to die for his country." -- Gen. George Patton

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: 15-06-2009, 17:06:02 »
True. Another option would be to make special nation cup maps, designed for 6vs6. Perhaps a bit simpler to prevent lag and balance whine issues (and to save work)

Offline samnadine

• View Profile
    • Forgotten Honor
« Reply #426 on: 15-06-2009, 17:06:58 »

we have the infrastructure in forgotten honor, with the software to organize bigger events. We are already planning something similar and new. Stay tuned  ;)

• View Profile
    • www.508thpir.com
« Reply #427 on: 16-06-2009, 15:06:22 »

we have the infrastructure in forgotten honor, with the software to organize bigger events. We are already planning something similar and new. Stay tuned  ;)

Will do, if you guys also have a tourny fight on saturday night that would be even more awesome
"The American Paratrooper exists to give the  enemy soldier the best chance to die for his country." -- Gen. George Patton

Offline dutch

• FHT - F|H Tournament Founder
    • View Profile
    • www.forgottenhonor.com
« Reply #428 on: 17-06-2009, 10:06:29 »
True. Another option would be to make special nation cup maps, designed for 6vs6. Perhaps a bit simpler to prevent lag and balance whine issues (and to save work)

There is already a load of custom maps that would suit 6 vs 6. But is the community willing to download a custom map for a event? In the past it was always a problem.

But balance is not an issue if both teams play both sides.

I organized Clash of the CLans for FH1 back in the days and for Project Reality 2 months ago and that is the setup where you sign up with 6 men squads for a side. Next event will be like that. It would be cool if we then play 1 round on the FHT server (England based) and the 2nd round on a USA server, where both teams play axis and then allies. I could throw in a awesome custom map and we could make this a monthly event. The only thing with a big war like that is that you need 1 commander for each side, are there people that would want that? In the PR community that was lacking imo.

I think I will make a poll this week to ask around what you all want for a event and I can organize it without a problem :) TS is there and so are the servers.
"Vive la mort, vive la guerre, vive le sacre mercenaire."

www.forgottenhonor.com

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: 17-06-2009, 18:06:35 »
I have no porblems playing the commander from time to time in organised play. Because then the players will do what I say, and I will feel useful instead of superfluous and stupid. All I'm saying is that I wouldn't want to be the commander every round, but 1 out of 3 rounds I could be the commander and enjoy it.

Offline samnadine

• View Profile
    • Forgotten Honor
« Reply #430 on: 17-06-2009, 19:06:00 »
the point is to merge the FH2 community and organize together events to add value in this mod. That's the spirit and we have a new project on mind.

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: 17-06-2009, 19:06:56 »
Good thing! I'm all for more organised stuff, just don't have the time for a clan. Maybe I'll join F|H one day, but I'm not sure about that. I am sure about joining stuff like the Nations Cup.

Offline samnadine

• View Profile
    • Forgotten Honor
« Reply #432 on: 18-06-2009, 00:06:36 »
try it slayer, it's free.  ::)

There's only 1 thing which is required from you: say if you can play or not (otherwise you would become inactive for lack of inactivity). You can join and say no to all battles, and pherhaps 1 day you like a map a lot and you join in.

Or last option but not least, it's a very nice community and you can stay without joining a team. There are other games on too (day of defeat campaign, hearts of iron 2 campaign, we are preparing a battlefield pirates campaign..). I know this sounds like selling, but I tried it when FH2 came out and I'm still there ;)
« Last Edit: 18-06-2009, 00:06:13 by samnadine »

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: 18-06-2009, 21:06:03 »

Hehe, nice try, but that's no argument for me ;)

(otherwise you would become inactive for lack of inactivity).

I LOLed at this.

Might join this summer (which is in a few weeks).

• View Profile
    • www.508thpir.com
« Reply #434 on: 19-06-2009, 00:06:55 »

Hehe, nice try, but that's no argument for me ;)

For any Dutch eh?  :D