Author Topic: Very impressed with this game!  (Read 2870 times)

Offline Medavelvan

• iMagiNation is Magic
    • View Profile
Re: Very impressed with this game!
« Reply #15 on: 18-02-2010, 16:02:42 »

I only have a few small issues with the game.  One of which is realism of objects, such as tables and chairs, debris, etc.  Just about all items do not move.  d attention to detail was put into it. 

I wonder if movable chairs could be simulated by creating static objects like tables and chairs and setting them as vehicles - I noticed I can push other vehicles when in a tank. This would not allow for accurate physics, but movable objects maybe.
Explore all the worlds beyond the Sea of Dreams.

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 18-02-2010, 21:02:03 »
Sure, but do you really want 10 movable chairs or 10 tanks? There are only so many vehicles that can exist for each map, sadly

Offline Desertfox

• Knowledge is power, and power corupts.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 18-02-2010, 22:02:28 »
Sure, but do you really want 10 movable chairs or 10 tanks? There are only so many vehicles that can exist for each map, sadly
Yeah, it's a good thought, but alas the engine kills it

Offline von.small

• Last of my kind
    • View Profile
    • WEARMEME
« Reply #18 on: 04-03-2010, 17:03:49 »
Vanilla Battlefield 1942 Omaha Beach was too realistic, I had to close the game down after only a few minutes play.  Then FH0.7 came along and mocked it's uberness by creating an Omaha that was just a run of the mill Omaha beach, nothing special about it.

To quote an old post of mine on another forum...

"Nothing beats being the first man to blow that ****ing bunker door off, you might get pwnt seconds later, but you're left with a smug feeling of 'I did that', I cleared the way - hey everyone I made it up the friggin beach and blew the door off, we can all advance cause I did good... unless you're playing as German, then people will look at you like wtff? Why did you blow the doors off?"
HadrianBT - Why the hell would "Germany" attack pigmy ppl??!!
Thorondor123 - I agree that people are not wearing enough hats

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 04-03-2010, 22:03:44 »
Vanilla Battlefield 1942 Omaha Beach was too realistic, I had to close the game down after only a few minutes play.  Then FH0.7 came along and mocked it's uberness by creating an Omaha that was just a run of the mill Omaha beach, nothing special about it.

Realistic, huh? This joke is just mean :-D