Author Topic: *hidden* accuracy timer - panzerfaust etc  (Read 1460 times)

Offline psykfallet

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
*hidden* accuracy timer - panzerfaust etc
« on: 12-03-2010, 15:03:06 »
One thing that bothers me is when I use the panzerfaust, and in game I have the ironsight aimed at the tank and all seems fine, yet when I fire the charge goes way off. I take it there is some hidden countdown and I didnt aim long enough. For some weapons like the MG42 & 34 you can see this at the bottom of the screen with 2 lines that close in on eachother, what I want is that this be added to basicly all weapons that have this countdown, because I think it's very misleading when the game shows you're aiming dead on.

Offline Die Happy

• FH-Betatester
  • Live Long & Die Happy
    • View Profile
Re: *hidden* accuracy timer - panzerfaust etc
« Reply #1 on: 12-03-2010, 16:03:57 »
simply:
stop moving
aim with iron sights
and fire   
then it has almost no deviation to the left and right (guessing the hight/range of the shot is the "hard" part)
Live Long & Die Happy

Offline psykfallet

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 12-03-2010, 16:03:49 »
Uh yeah but still when I stop moving there is some sort of timer, because it will fly off to the side if you shoot too quick after stopping, even if that time is very short

Offline DLFReporter

• FH-Betatester
  • Betatesting FH2 makes me edgy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 12-03-2010, 17:03:19 »
Once you go into Ironsight it takes about a second to close the deviation.
You can't just run and gun with a Piat/Schreck
Gravity is a habit that is hard to shake off

Offline ajappat

• "Cheater"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 12-03-2010, 17:03:49 »
Thing is, you can. Just don' aim  :-\. But this was fixed with 2.26, yes?

Offline psykfallet

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 12-03-2010, 19:03:45 »
yes... this is why I want those closing lines in the bottom like on mg42, because there is no indication that you don't have 100% accuracy

Offline DLFReporter

• FH-Betatester
  • Betatesting FH2 makes me edgy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 12-03-2010, 20:03:59 »
yes... this is why I want those closing lines in the bottom like on mg42, because there is no indication that you don't have 100% accuracy

Ah now finally we've found the 'buried dog'. ^^
Gravity is a habit that is hard to shake off

Offline HappyFunBall

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 12-03-2010, 20:03:10 »
You don't need a timer and I would not want to see one in game.

This is a realism mod, so just use it like you would in real life. Aim, wait a second, exhale slowly, then fire.

I enjoy the fact that there is no visual cue telling me when to fire. It is up to me to develop a sense of when my aim has settled. Even with machine gun fire exploding around me, I have to force myself to wait, breath, then fire when I feel it is ready. Much more fun than just staring at a stupid counter.

Offline flyboy_fx

• rockets,rc stuff,and collecting/making ww2 models
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 12-03-2010, 20:03:07 »
Yea don't move... I wait like 2 secs and it is dead on.. ???
Don't hate the forum, hate it's users...

Offline Cory the Otter

• Smoke me a kipper, I'll be home for breakfast.
    • View Profile
    • FA Profile
« Reply #9 on: 12-03-2010, 21:03:31 »

That was supposed to be hidden?  ...I fount that when the mg42 first was released, I must be special!  ;D

Offline psykfallet

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 12-03-2010, 23:03:39 »
You don't need a timer and I would not want to see one in game.

This is a realism mod, so just use it like you would in real life. Aim, wait a second, exhale slowly, then fire.

I enjoy the fact that there is no visual cue telling me when to fire. It is up to me to develop a sense of when my aim has settled. Even with machine gun fire exploding around me, I have to force myself to wait, breath, then fire when I feel it is ready. Much more fun than just staring at a stupid counter.
Umm first you point to it's a realism mod and then you say you don't want a visual cue? In real life I think you would have a cue as to if your gonna hit anywhere near where you aim. the charge would fly where you point and not off to the sides, so unless you add some sway animation, blurriness or whatever it's not realistic either.

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
  • FH2 Betatester/Verdun Team Researcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 13-03-2010, 00:03:31 »
Gotta agree, but I think, like the MG42, its the same deal, its a sacrifice of realism for better game play.  IRL, you can't just pull out a faust and fire it, it actually does take a moment to set it up and such, as well as having to check behind you for back blast, none of which is really done.  Also, ingame, if it was done as such, you could just pull it, fire, and all in milliseconds, which simply doesn't happen irl.  So yes, it should fly where it points no matter what, but its a necessary sacrifice.  Just feel like that all other weapons, including the MGs when they're fully deployed, hit where they are pointed, as long as you keep the sights on target with the recoil.  :P

Offline HappyFunBall

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 13-03-2010, 01:03:25 »
There is no visual cue in real life, nothing to tell you, "Shoot now!". Obviously I have never actually fired any of these weapons but I am certain it is not just a matter of seeing your target and pointing the weapon.

In real life you  point the weapon at the enemy vehicle, relax and be sure that your body is responding properly and that your aim is steady, then shoot.  In the game however, your avatar is always ready instantly, so the hidden timer is included. This forces you to wait before shooting as you would in real life.

The end result is that in both cases it is matter of practice and having a sense of when you are sure of your shot.  In that way I think the game simulates reality very well as is.

Offline sn00x

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 14-03-2010, 13:03:59 »

That was supposed to be hidden?  ...I fount that when the mg42 first was released, I must be special!  ;D

I can promise you. you Are special, indeed Very special.