Author Topic: EXPERIMENTAL AI SOLUTIONS FOR SP/COOP (Community effort)  (Read 61823 times)

Offline Raziel

• Bullet Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: The Single Player Fan Project: Work to be done and feedback
« Reply #30 on: 31-07-2010, 19:07:12 »
No luck with PHL. Played it a couple more times. It doesn't always crash so I think it is Bot related (i.e. they do something or go somewhere and it crashes)  :-[

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 31-07-2010, 23:07:05 »
I dunno, considering it only CTDed after Drawde's patch - that said, all vehicles work fine i.e 88, Nebelwerferm mgs.. hm, any other theories

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 19-09-2010, 09:09:37 »
@Iluminagzhu
Can you please remove the product links from your post. That sort of thing is prohibited here. Still, quite curious of what you said. Which map are you talking about?

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 23-09-2010, 13:09:17 »
Moving on
Hi guys! So I've been thinking. While I understand our wait for 2.3, I fear that the time spent, which lets face it, has been longer than we anticipated, may be killing our momentum. There are still confirmed bugs that 2.3 ai will suffer, and which we can try to work on, making them available soon after release for an unofficial patch or fix.
Such as:
/Armor not using capped AP - play sidi-rezegh or arberdeen and you'd understand
/Purple heart lane ctd
/Bots getting transfixed in tossing smoke or xpacks irrespective oe being shot upon, to name a few

Also, I propose a new project
Op. Periscope

Im starting to admit to myself that the raised POv for arty and mortar, although successful in allowing bots to fire further, is a 'greedy algorithm', a brute-force and crude solution that could possibly be improved upon.

Like the use of capped AP, this would take a bit of genius, but I'm convinced we can find a way of having 2 different perspectives for arty: normal POV a la multiplayer, and the 15ft POv for bots. This way, humans see things from fh2 standard perspective, not having to care that bots don't. We cannot have mobile arty use the 15ft perspective, but it would be nice to give it the range.

I would, as always, be grateful if aserafimov, Drawde and erm, 'deepthroat' spearhead this project, and everyone else: raziel, djbarney, zM, cF and any new fhsp fan be there to help where they can

We've had incredible success in the past, inspite of nay-sayers. I think we can go even further ;-)

Offline Raziel

• Bullet Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 01-10-2010, 10:10:40 »
If I'm not mistaken either Drawde or Remick had managed to get the different arty views Djinn.
1 for human players and 1 for bots.

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 01-10-2010, 11:10:05 »
If you are right, and it can be reproduced, then we have a solution for mobile arty, not to mention players experiencing a non-singleplayer customized game experience.

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 05-10-2010, 19:10:32 »
Ok, so I think we can pick up where we left off. cF, zM, Razial, please help me out cuz there is only so much txt typing I can do with my fon.

So lets get to it:

Drawde's 2.3 compatible mod:
Can we get one with the fixes remick couldnt get into 2.3 plus other bug fixes we find and hey, some improvements. I'm wondering if it would work easier for Remick to be able to use it as a fix-in or a mod - remick04 would be the best to tell you, Drawde.

Operation Periscope:
I want us to discuss and see how we can implement dual view for arty i.e mortar, howitzers - mobile and static. Humans should fire from 'hip' view as they would in multiplayer while bots see things from the custom-sp 15m high POV. This is the only way mobile arty would be as effective as static arty - And I know all y'all would love to see that.

Purple heart lane ctd:
We need to get this into the fix or patch Remick may choose to give us. This is priority numero uno! Fresh look. We did goodwood, lets do this

Stuka steeper diving AI:
This didnt make it into Drawde's last one, so this goes to Drawde.

Nebelwerfer firing short:
Not sure if this applies other arty, but this was fixed by winterhilf and applied by Drawde. Can you get this into a 2.3 compatible
AT rifle use:
We need a way to get AT riflemen to prone alot more often. Give then sniper range and let them attack infantry and tanks indiscriminately.

Custom deployable mortar _AI:
I recall what you said, remick, but I think to make this tactically important, it needs to be able to be concealed and yet effective over range. Esp. With the dual views, this would work.

Any other possible projects or bugs to squish.

Maps:
/ Lebisey, Remick plllease!
/ Ste mere Eglise, Bloody gulch, bloody beach - aserafimov, plea-ase!
/ Bardia 64 for both Coop and sp - we have this DL for sp, can it be adjusted for coop too? Get that file with updated gameplayobjects.con and init.con from 2.3

Offline Remick04

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 05-10-2010, 21:10:28 »
Actually the fix to get Stuka's to dive steeper is in the 2.3 files, though Drawde could always tweak it further though.

I'll definitely try and get you the Lebisey AI files by the end of the week at least. The only hold up is I want to try and get a few fixes to other maps done, and if possible post everything together instead of a bunch of separate little files.

There is one thing you guys can help me test. I have a possible solution to the Ramelle flyover bug... If you go to your mods directory, go into  'fh2\python\game\plugins' find the 'aiFixups.py' file and open it with notepad. At the bottom you'll find a section "# fix spawners with huge spawntimes"... Removing this section entirely seems to fix the flyover issue. The p_51s spawn at proper intervals instead of all at once. Problem is this section exists for a reason. Objects with large spawn times can cause AI game modes to crash or so I've been told. So try fiddling around with the min and max spawn times to see if you can find a ratio that works. Or remove the section entirely and see what maps if any crash. BE SURE TO BACK UP THIS FILE before you make any changes to it.

Other than that keep doing what you do best and finding those bugs! ;D

EDIT:

Correction.... If you choose to edit the maxspawn time try editing the line near the top that says 'MAX_SPAWNER_DELAY = 900'... editing the lines at the bottom doesn't seem to do anything.
« Last Edit: 05-10-2010, 21:10:31 by Remick04 »

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 05-10-2010, 21:10:57 »
Thanks, Remick04! Take your time with the files. I want to see if we can get phl fix etc in alongside.

Well, I dont have a pc to try this :-(
Raziel, guys, can we test the ramelle p51 spawn then? As much feedback as you can give should help.

Offline Raziel

• Bullet Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 06-10-2010, 07:10:24 »
Don't have much free time at hand right now Djinn.
Will try to do something during the weekend!  :)

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 07-10-2010, 15:10:04 »

trying to help Clivewil debug a crash on phl singleplayer and he wanted a way to debug besides running in window mode. Any suggestion is appreciated

i've already tried window mode and that gives me no clues at all. i don't really need to run the custom shaders in order to do faultfinding but fh2 won't let me launch via bf2_r.exe - but i see a few people referring to the debugger, so someone must be using it (unless of course, they do all their mapping/debugging in vBF2 and only change over to fh2 at the very last moment) 

Offline Devilman

• I belong to Naughty Club
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 08-10-2010, 00:10:00 »

trying to help Clivewil debug a crash on phl singleplayer and he wanted a way to debug besides running in window mode. Any suggestion is appreciated

Its easy to run FH2 in debug mode
the problem is,about 2/3 the way of loading it crashes the debugger,in which case you need to remove the offending object,start debugging again,debugger will crash,remove next offending object etc etc

1st object that crashed the debugger was

Version: 1.1.2878-710.0 Build date:2009-8-20 17:8
Active object template: S_Game_cn_loose
Active geom template: civilian_bed
Module: BF2
File: D:\DiceCanada\BoosterPack2\Code\BF2\BF2\BF2.cpp
Line: 461

Text: MathError. function:floor
arg1:-1.#IND
arg2:-1.#IND
retval:-1.#IND

Current confile:

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 08-10-2010, 09:10:41 »
thanks. His reply,

Me: One solution, according to one forum regular

Clivewil: ah, but how did he actually run it? if i start the debugger with fh2 as my startup mod, i get a halt and a screen saying 'you must use fh2.exe instead of bf2.exe' and i need to know how to get past that. it might be common knowledge for you guys but it's the first time i have encountered such a thing myself

Offline Devilman

• I belong to Naughty Club
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 08-10-2010, 11:10:30 »
somebody want to try this
http://www.filefront.com/17363581/purple_heart_lane_sp3.rar/

purple_heart_lane GPO for sp3/64
unzip copy/drag to gamemodes folder and overwrite when prompted

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 08-10-2010, 11:10:48 »
erm...What is it? Does it answer clivewil's question? I want to get back to him with an answer