Author Topic: Airsoft  (Read 45031 times)

Offline Phantom

• View Profile
Re: Airsoft
« Reply #480 on: 14-11-2014, 11:11:57 »
(Externally) a shortened A1 by Classic Army. http://abload.de/img/dscn9398kqqu6.jpg
Comm. is some chinese bowman replika on midland g7 radio.

Offline :| Hi

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: 14-11-2014, 23:11:44 »
Nice! You don't often see Classic Army models anymore, they have kinda dropped onto the side. I managed to secure a CA G3A3 off of craigslist awhile ago. They don't make them anymore and it is a ridiculously long rifle but it is fun. Working on slapping a P* into it now

[2:06:54 PM] Tolga: cant use tha shit underwater -Tolga on the G3

Offline Phantom

• View Profile
« Reply #482 on: 15-11-2014, 01:11:17 »
CA is a quite underrated producer in my opinion.
The CA Aug Models are (externally) the best Aug you can get on the market.
I can't speak of the internal quality since i got mine second hand, with upraded parts etc.

Working on slapping a P* into it now

Keep us up to date on this. G3 is some sexy shit.

Offline Phantom

• View Profile
« Reply #483 on: 15-11-2014, 13:11:30 »
Postman just made my day and delivered this sweet lady 15 minutes ago:

High Res: http://abload.de/img/garand6duzi.jpg

best regards

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: 20-11-2014, 06:11:33 »
Oooh boy, nice.

ICS I presume? I remember when there wasn't a good M1 Garand on the market and folks had to modify M14s, there were some really good project threads around then.

Offline McCloskey

• Developer
  • Heart or head, either way Jerry's dead!
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: 20-11-2014, 12:11:52 »
why can't they make a 'proper' Garand?

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: 21-11-2014, 08:11:34 »
Proper in what sense? I am not familiar enough with the Garand to pick out smaller details that may be wrong

Offline Phantom

• View Profile
« Reply #487 on: 21-11-2014, 13:11:52 »
I remember when there wasn't a good M1 Garand on the market and folks had to modify M14s, there were some really good project threads around then.
Yeap, I remember one conversion a german player made:
http://oxatarms.blogspot.de/2012/01/m1-garand-aeg-conversion.html
http://oxatarms.blogspot.de/2012/01/m1-garand-aeg-conversion-ii.html
Pretty impressing in my oppinion.

The ICS Garand looks quite decent to me. Nice woodstock, high quality internals. The only thing i dislike is the sound of the gearbox and the metal part's finish (typical for ICS, the clear black coating).
I got mine second hand so it has a new mosfet and a slightly decreased muzzle velocity.

Offline McCloskey

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: 21-11-2014, 13:11:46 »
Proper in what sense? I am not familiar enough with the Garand to pick out smaller details that may be wrong

^ this (is not how you load the M1).. en bloc or bust!

Offline sn00x

• View Profile
« Reply #489 on: 21-11-2014, 15:11:21 »

^ this (is not how you load the M1).. en bloc or bust!

Neither do anyone have a proper 98k, Nagant, Springfield and so on and so on. they are all loaded this way. with the exception of those few models using shells, though again these are Not usable in a skirmish or anything better than hanging on a wall.

Remember this is an airsoft, and it is a proper Garand for airsoft.
You can bet the producers have tried making it load like a garand and obviously that isnt possible yet because no one knows how, or its just to complicated and idiotic to do.

Offline McCloskey

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: 21-11-2014, 16:11:29 »
I'm pretty sure I've seen an airsoft M1 and K98 that had (more) accurate loading mechanisms, don't know who made it and apparently they had problems of their own since they are not widespread, but the loading mechanisms were realistic.

Offline Phantom

• View Profile
« Reply #491 on: 21-11-2014, 16:11:14 »
Marushin M1 Garand has a quite accurate loading mechanism.
Dboys/Marushin K98 even have fake bullets.
But none of these do perform well in games. I think the Garand Aeg is a reasonable compromise between realism and 'playability'.

Offline Airshark79

• View Profile
« Reply #492 on: 21-11-2014, 16:11:44 »
Pardon my ignorance but from how it sounds dropping loading mechanics essentially makes the guns into barrels without any character. Is there any merit to attempt historical reenactments or combat roleplay without the bolt-action etc. mechanisms? Do they balance it out by smaller clip size etc.?

I have watched a couple of airsoft videos so far but my opinion that guns are too silent\similar in sound has driven me away quite a bit. What really is to look for in an airsoft event?
« Last Edit: 21-11-2014, 16:11:27 by Airshark79 »

Offline Musti

• View Profile
« Reply #493 on: 21-11-2014, 19:11:49 »
Pardon my ignorance but from how it sounds dropping loading mechanics essentially makes the guns into barrels without any character. Is there any merit to attempt historical reenactments or combat roleplay without the bolt-action etc. mechanisms? Do they balance it out by smaller clip size etc.?

I have watched a couple of airsoft videos so far but my opinion that guns are too silent\similar in sound has driven me away quite a bit. What really is to look for in an airsoft event?
It's the closest thing to real combat without having to pretend you got shot or having your head blown off.
WARNING!
Assholes are closer than they appear!

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: 22-11-2014, 02:11:27 »
I'm pretty sure I've seen an airsoft M1 and K98 that had (more) accurate loading mechanisms, don't know who made it and apparently they had problems of their own since they are not widespread, but the loading mechanisms were realistic.

Most Garands with this feature were special ones made by a fellow on the ww2aa proboards iirc. They worked alright but required about $500 worth of work. Custom molds, etc. Basically not much in the way of upgradability unless you modified the gearbox and hop unit before sending your M14 off to be converted.

To be honest, to friends and I, we get the opportunity to go camp in some exotic location (former prison is our usual), drink, eat good food, and then run around having fun shooting people without the legal consequences. At the moment many guns do sound the same, but you can change that very much with rifles powered by HPA engines or gas systems. Different flash hiders produce different sounds.

More "realistic" sounds rifles would be great, however I don't see that being particularly manageable in some areas, due to idiotic youth trying to act hard, etc. Hell California just passed legislation for 2016 mandating that your rifles look like nerf guns. Fortunately pre-existing rifles only need three pieces of coloured tape on three various parts of the rifle.