Author Topic: Proof god exists  (Read 13070 times)

Offline Mspfc Doc DuFresne

• A Poet and I didn't Know It
    • View Profile
Re: Proof god exists
« Reply #45 on: 22-04-2010, 04:04:48 »
Psychological Theology? That's rather...novel, Archi. What was wrong with the good old id-ego-superego?
Twilight - the movie is just like Schindler's list... You know you're watching a crime against humanity, but it's sort of entertaining.~~Ts4EVER

Offline Yustax

• German bias forevah!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 22-04-2010, 06:04:02 »
I dont believe in god, but everyone its free to feel the cheapness of modern religion.

Offline FlyGuy45

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 22-04-2010, 07:04:21 »

Therefore, God exists.

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 22-04-2010, 08:04:55 »
I feel religion was the most logic thing man could come up with long, long ago and it worked until science became a generally acceptable thing. Once that happened, that 'truth' couldn't hold. For some religions like Christianity however, they thrive because they can be redefined to cater for the times and also because humans as a creature have have developed to the point where their minds are so abstract that unlike other animals, its hard for us to accept that this is it, so religion is a convenient fall-back - Even for those without religion, there needs to be a cause... We cannot exist without one. Religion is the easiest to come to, although less and less these days with growing atheism - We accept the world we grow into, be it religious or otherwise. It may not agree with our logical mind, but it makes us want to believe this isn't all pointless.

Someone once said, the fact that religion cannot be disproved doesn't mean its worthy to be made our reason for life. If someone once said there was a teapot floating in space and yet no one had seen it, you cannot disprove it since no one has seen it. So yer, you can choose to believe it exists... But do I really want to spend the rest of my life believing in something that incredible since I cannot disprove it.. and maybe, because I fear what will happen if I die and it DID exist? I don't want to change my whole life because of a 'what if'

Offline cannonfodder

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 22-04-2010, 10:04:19 »
...humans as a creature have have developed to the point where their minds are so abstract that unlike other animals, its hard for us to accept that this is it...
Self-awareness is the problem...humans are, and as such, we can't comprehend what happens when we die.

Offline Smiles

• FH-Betatester
  • Boooo Auto-Spot! Booo
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 22-04-2010, 14:04:11 »
Actually, the quote from HG2G is spot on: if the existence of God(s) can be proved, belief in one is just about as meaningful as "belief" in gravity.

Aswsome ;D.

i hang around with religious people from time to time (mostly islamic) one had such a briliant argument i couldnt stop laughing (bad).
Discussion was pretty fierce, as you'll know islamists have to tell all non believers and try converting them the quran is right. I was WRONG in my believes because i HAVE not read the bible. How can i know god doesnt exist if i havnt read the bible? Woow i was like woow.. all seems clear now.. so i was going to read the bible.. well.. i picked up the tv schedule and started reading.. god exists.. J and silent bob where back on tele!!
I'm taking my own freedom
puttin' it in my song
singing loud and strong
proving all day long
I'm takin' my freedom
puttin' it in my stroll
I'll be hop-steppin' y'all
lettin' the joy unfold

Offline Miklas

• Ingame: Calle_XVI
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 22-04-2010, 14:04:04 »

Therefore, God exists.

Therefore, god doesn't exist.

On a side note: It may look ugly but it is really delicious to eat.

Offline Zoologic

• Masterspammer
  • In FH Since 0.67
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 22-04-2010, 14:04:23 »
Creature that can value something, usually are afraid of death.

And be it your answer, religion, atheism, whatever. They just want to believe.

i hang around with religious people from time to time (mostly islamic) one had such a briliant argument i couldnt stop laughing (bad).

Smiles, all religious people in rational debating, their arguments are mostly remembered, scripted, and looks pre-trained. It has a very common pattern that is highly guessable. Thus it is mostly bad. They'll easily resort to name calling, labeling, and stereotyping and all sorts of it.

As a person not belonging to that denomination, i can defend their belief better than they do. I guess some of you non-believers can defend Christianity far better than the religious people too. Back in my senior high school, a strict Calvinist school, i got an 'A' at Bible preaching exam.

Some people just need to be taught that there is afterlife, so they won't be an all-opportunist asshole while still living in this world. Too many people working constantly throughout their life that they have so little time to enjoy their life, so they resort to become annoying opportunist (steal what you want whenever possible, avoid tax, illegally if necessary, and seek a chance to milk first-world country's social system). Some of their hard work goes to your enjoyment in first-world countries. So you can relax, have a lot of time, thinking silly issues like whether god exist or not and rebelled, challenging the establishment.

Offline Archimonday

• Sir vis pacem, para bellum!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 23-04-2010, 04:04:59 »
Psychological Theology? That's rather...novel, Archi. What was wrong with the good old id-ego-superego?

You could call it that I guess, but since I couldn't find much reason in believing god was a higher power, I found another way to understand him and satan, and what the bible teaches us.

Offline Jobabb Jobabbsen

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 23-04-2010, 16:04:18 »
Its funny how many christians talk so much about Satan, the bible barely mention him. Im not sure if its the protestants in general, or just norway, who chose to exclude satan from the religion, i think in the 60s or something. 

Offline Pascucci the Whiner

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 23-04-2010, 17:04:23 »
I know how much most of you guys hate religion and religious people so why even argue? I must say the PR crowd actually makes a surprisingly more balanced multi sided conversation about this, but this is just guys sitting around and killing and shooting down the few that argue against them. I don't hate atheists or anything, in fact many of the US founding fathers were atheists and had a very high sense of morals (Ben Franklin for instance), but I hate atheists that sit on their fat asses and come up with ways to disapprove other people's God or God's existence. I could see reasons for people of different religions trying to destroy other religions, though I must agree some are bad, but I only see evil reasons to shoot down all religions and convert people to atheism. The biggest reason would have to be control as they are doing in the PRC, another the fact that religions bar you from doing whatever the fuck you want, or at least frown upon it. I really don't know if their is a God and I am not religious in the least, but I am very respectful to 'most' (Satanism is evil, sorry) religions. OK guys begin to attack me, I know you will  ;).

Offline Oddball

• Positive Wave Director
  • In Alliance with "Lumberjack Cammandos"....
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 23-04-2010, 18:04:44 »
I know how much most of you guys hate religion and religious people so why even argue? I must say the PR crowd actually makes a surprisingly more balanced multi sided conversation about this, but this is just guys sitting around and killing and shooting down the few that argue against them. I don't hate atheists or anything, in fact many of the US founding fathers were atheists and had a very high sense of morals (Ben Franklin for instance), but I hate atheists that sit on their fat asses and come up with ways to disapprove other people's God or God's existence. I could see reasons for people of different religions trying to destroy other religions, though I must agree some are bad, but I only see evil reasons to shoot down all religions and convert people to atheism. The biggest reason would have to be control as they are doing in the PRC, another the fact that religions bar you from doing whatever the fuck you want, or at least frown upon it. I really don't know if their is a God and I am not religious in the least, but I am very respectful to 'most' (Satanism is evil, sorry) religions. OK guys begin to attack me, I know you will  ;).
I'm going to try to just ingore it now, it has got rather amusing. I post something, go to bed, come back, to be found out I was gang raped with BS. So instead of even trying to respond back to everyone, which would require about an essay for each time, and that would be a lot of wasted time and useless writing considering some of these people obviously have nothing better to do than crush religion...I'm just going to let it go, it's fruitless to argue in favor or in unfavor of religion, since it really is impossible to either prove or dissprove it. It's about faith, you either believe or you don't, personally, I don't care if you choose not to believe, just DON'T tell me i'm an freightened, naive, ignorant, moron for believing, and DON'T even try to distort my way of life. Too much intruding on other's people's lives, I don't care who you are, everyone of every race, breed, religion, place, does it, and it's pathetic.

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 23-04-2010, 18:04:37 »
I'm going to try to just ingore it now, it has got rather amusing. I post something, go to bed, come back, to be found out I was gang raped with BS. So instead of even trying to respond back to everyone, which would require about an essay for each time, and that would be a lot of wasted time and useless writing considering some of these people obviously have nothing better to do than crush religion...I'm just going to let it go, it's fruitless to argue in favor or in unfavor of religion, since it really is impossible to either prove or dissprove it. It's about faith, you either believe or you don't, personally, I don't care if you choose not to believe, just DON'T tell me i'm an freightened, naive, ignorant, moron for believing, and DON'T even try to distort my way of life. Too much intruding on other's people's lives, I don't care who you are, everyone of every race, breed, religion, place, does it, and it's pathetic.

Word. However, I think there is a difference between people just believing in god and pathetic attempts to validate that believe by trying to disprove science, which is what that article in the first post was about IIRC.

Offline Pascucci the Whiner

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 23-04-2010, 18:04:56 »

Word. However, I think there is a difference between people just believing in god and pathetic attempts to validate that believe by trying to disprove science, which is what that article in the first post was about IIRC.

OK, I will agree the young earth people can be annoying.

Offline GoldFingero

• El GoldFingero
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 23-04-2010, 20:04:07 »
I don't personally get irritated, because those people are wrong. If somebody told me that I had blond hair instead of my brown hair, I would say "what no" because they are wrong. It's the same thing. They are just flat out wrong.

Belief in god is fear in god. You use it as a last resort because you have no other way of dealing with your situation, which is called lack of education/information. In my opinion it is extremely immature.

"Belief in god is fear in god" oh there we go again, yep another one that dont know shit what he is talking about.

note: I am neither christian nor ateist, I am still trying to find the "truth". (90% I will be flamed to death)