Author Topic: Proof god exists  (Read 13076 times)

Offline Cory the Otter

• Smoke me a kipper, I'll be home for breakfast.
    • View Profile
    • FA Profile
Proof god exists
« on: 21-04-2010, 00:04:23 »
http://www.everystudent.com/features/isthere.html?gclid=CLTB4diplqECFU3X5wodnlONOA

I laughed openly after just glancing at it.  I'm not saying there is no god, I just don't like organized religion.  I'll let you guys tear this article apart.  I found it as an advertisement in a cracked.com article on medieval torture devices.

Offline Thorondor123

• God Emperor
  • Global Moderator
  • Lugbûrz-ûr!
    • View Profile
Re: Proof god exists
« Reply #1 on: 21-04-2010, 00:04:21 »
Oh this is going to end well. Sunshine, lollipops and rainbows everywhere.
Let mortal heroes sing your fame

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
  • FH2 Betatester/Verdun Team Researcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 21-04-2010, 00:04:47 »
I predict much ice cream and prancing in meadows for this thread.

Offline hankypanky

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 21-04-2010, 00:04:45 »
Meh warrior your so original making a flame war about religion....
My ingame name is [PUG]mr.hanky1945

Offline Desertfox

• Knowledge is power, and power corupts.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 21-04-2010, 00:04:39 »

Offline Cory the Otter

• Smoke me a kipper, I'll be home for breakfast.
    • View Profile
    • FA Profile
« Reply #5 on: 21-04-2010, 00:04:45 »
flame wars are always fun.

Offline Paasky

• DON'T PANIC! DON'T PANIC!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 21-04-2010, 00:04:20 »
It's half naked people on boats. That's all.
Here in Finland we call that "summer".

Offline Hockeywarrior

• One of the superior 5-digit numbers
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 21-04-2010, 01:04:23 »

Check out my Red Orchestra, FH2, and shooting videos!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQK9lbdAEi9mAM5iGfHoeyA

Offline Kubador

• FH-Betatester
  • Flippin' Warbears since 1988
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 21-04-2010, 02:04:53 »
Quoting a bible in 'does god exist?' discussion always makes me smile. Doing that completely has no sense in the perspective of said discussion.

Offline Mspfc Doc DuFresne

• A Poet and I didn't Know It
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 21-04-2010, 02:04:19 »
Well that article was a definite lolercoaster. Not only did they bring up the "look, science doesn't explain everything, therefore god must exist" argument, not only did they bring up the "I was an atheist too once, therefore, you should believe in god like me" argument, they brought up the tired old "look, Earth is so perfect for life, therefore it must have been made for us by god!" argument.

All the people who were born on the trillions of planets that cannot support life would slap them, except they can't, because, he-yo, they are dead. Most planets are outside the Goldilocks zone; is it really so hard for them to understand that of all the dead planets in the solar system we would only find life on the planet that could actually support it?
Twilight - the movie is just like Schindler's list... You know you're watching a crime against humanity, but it's sort of entertaining.~~Ts4EVER

Offline Oddball

• Positive Wave Director
  • In Alliance with "Lumberjack Cammandos"....
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 21-04-2010, 03:04:15 »
Well that article was a definite lolercoaster. Not only did they bring up the "look, science doesn't explain everything, therefore god must exist" argument, not only did they bring up the "I was an atheist too once, therefore, you should believe in god like me" argument, they brought up the tired old "look, Earth is so perfect for life, therefore it must have been made for us by god!" argument.

All the people who were born on the trillions of planets that cannot support life would slap them, except they can't, because, he-yo, they are dead. Most planets are outside the Goldilocks zone; is it really so hard for them to understand that of all the dead planets in the solar system we would only find life on the planet that could actually support it?
Or so they believe, they really have no f*cking idea what exist and what doesn't..
but I wont comment further on the article unless someone says something too derogatory about religion or makes any generalization about religion people based off one article. Then I can't resist getting invovled......

Offline Desertfox

• Knowledge is power, and power corupts.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 21-04-2010, 03:04:18 »
Please don't start this pointless war. In regards to a persons beliefs, I think for the most part it should be "whatever you want, just don't bother me". As long as what you believe doesn't affect me, it shouldn't ever come up really.  These discussions aren't going to go anywhere, and it's just going to end up with both sides unhappy. Both are going to think they are right, but then again it's their beliefs, not yours, so it really doesn't matter.

Offline Oddball

• Positive Wave Director
  • In Alliance with "Lumberjack Cammandos"....
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 21-04-2010, 03:04:06 »
Please don't start this pointless war. In regards to a persons beliefs, I think for the most part it should be "whatever you want, just don't bother me". As long as what you believe doesn't affect me, it shouldn't ever come up really.  These discussions aren't going to go anywhere, and it's just going to end up with both sides unhappy. Both are going to think they are right, but then again it's their beliefs, not yours, so it really doesn't matter.
I agree.. however, that "As long as what you believe doesn't affect me" is the key part. That's one (of the many) problems with society today, if people don't like something, they can't just not participate/do (in) it, they try to abolish it for everyone on the juridiction that "it offends me"...damn that words drive me crazy, they are OVER-USED, kind of like "Racism" - any crime between opposite nationalities is immediantly called racist. Pisses me off. Anyways...as I was saying, "it offends me". Prime examples of this are our money which ALWAYS said, "In God We Trust" and the moment of silent in public school, along with parts of the pledge that reference God, etc. etc...trying to be abolished mainly by athiest. If you don't like it. Therefore, yes, they are affecting my way of life and it DOES cause a problem. Honestly it's just rediculous...and while i'm at it, religion should not be kept out of public schools, if thtey want to jam evolution and crap down your throats, they should also explain religions, too.

Offline Captain Pyjama Shark

• Masterspammer
  • Captain of the Gravy Train
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 21-04-2010, 05:04:11 »
By separation of church and state you can't have public schools lead religious movements or prayers, I believe, so unless you'd like to overturn that there's not much you can do. However, this would also make moments of silence, and even many state mottoes illegal, they just haven't been challenged.

Offline :| Hi

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 21-04-2010, 05:04:49 »
Desertfox, why did you start it?

[2:06:54 PM] Tolga: cant use tha shit underwater -Tolga on the G3