Author Topic: Changing sounds of CMP planes  (Read 416 times)

Offline Sgt.Collins

• View Profile
Changing sounds of CMP planes
« on: 16-12-2015, 21:12:02 »
Good evening everyone!

I played CMP maps last time and as I already changed the sounds of the planes of vanilla planes with sounds of recorded engine sounds from IL2 mod, I would like to know how to change the sounds of thoses planes too.

Actually, i'm a user of Watchtower1001 sound mod and I customized it with sounds of other mods or games.

So technically, I don't know how to create sounds or editing them... Basically, I'm just a copy-paster!

My question is how to change the sound called in a certain file to play when the object is used?

In fact, I noticed that some weapons don't have a sound folder which contains wav files. And i suppose that a file calls an other folder to play wav files... (Hope you're not lost..!!!)

So what's the name of that file?

Thx a lot!

NB: I don't share my "sound mod" so it's respecting the terms of agreement of mods used to create mine.

Offline GeoPat

• View Profile
Re: Changing sounds of CMP planes
« Reply #1 on: 25-12-2015, 02:12:10 »
So technically, I don't know how to create sounds or editing them... Basically, I'm just a copy-paster!

You should ask Watchtower.  I've never looked at his sound mod.  If he just directs it to his sound files for the different weapons/vehicles there must be a text file with the file paths.  You would just need to use the file paste in the file path for the cmp mod.  It should be \levels\cmp_minimod then objects maybe.  Something like that.  A good copy-paster could figure it out.