Author Topic: fh2 teamwork  (Read 3349 times)

Offline LionRock

• View Profile
fh2 teamwork
« on: 07-09-2009, 15:09:28 »
Hi everyone!
First I gotta say this mod is so friggin' good but one thing that bothers me is the absence of team level teamwork. Sure you find sometimes good squads with voip using players but I think you need more than that to really succeed and enjoy this mod.
Anyone knows if there's any teamwork communities around fh2 that enforce full teamwork on there servers like you have to listen to commander, everyone's using voip, tanks are supporting infantry and all that?
I know not everybodys interested playing like that but one server/community like that would make this game godlike IMHO 8)

p.s thanks for the devs for making something like this! go commercial if you can;)

Offline kummitus

• View Profile
    • CMP Gaming
Re: fh2 teamwork
« Reply #1 on: 07-09-2009, 15:09:25 »
CMP Gaming

Offline SJonni

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 07-09-2009, 15:09:28 »
Haha, I remember playing yesterday with a guy who really liked to give orders, so he was ll like "CARNE BEHIND YOU KILL HIM KIIIIIIIIIIIIIL HIM NOW!". PS; My ingame name i Carne.

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 07-09-2009, 15:09:04 »
FH2 is at its best when you have friends with you in a same squad and you blitzkrieg through the enemy like Patton would say "like shit through goose". FH2 has never intended to be a teamwork enforcer, but to give players tools for doing that and they finally do use these tools, its just pure awesome.

Offline Ionizer

• Carrier of Squirrel Flu
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 07-09-2009, 15:09:23 »
To get teamwork on Pubby servers, try starting a squad called "Teamwork" or "VoIP" or something along those lines and start the ball rolling yourself.  If you get people not listening to orders or not being a team player, kick them from the squad.  Eventually you'll get a good squad going and will have lots of fun.  You could also join a Squad that seems to have alot of the same clan members in it, because those guys are usually good teamplayers and are usually happy to share a spot with new people (unless they need a spot open for someone in their clan, but they're usually polite about telling you why they are kicking you from the squad for a clan member).  The only time you might not seem to be in a good Clan squad is if the members are using an external Voice program, like Teamspeak or Ventrillo, instead of the in game VoIP.  If they are, you can just find a different squad or make your own.  When you find a good squad, it'll be worth the little bit of trouble of finding it.

You also have to realize that the new release has attracted many new players, many of which come from Vanilla BF2, or other mods that don't encourage teamplay.  These newer players will need some time to adjust and to learn how to be a better teamplayer.  Give it time.  The new guys will either learn to play like a team, or else they'll get bored of dying too much and go back to Vanilla BF2.  Also, even veterans are a little overwhelmed with all the new stuff and might be preoccupied trying out the new toys to listen to too many orders (I'm guilty of this, I know, just today I was too preoccupied trying to hunt a tank with a shiny new Panzershrek that I all but ignored my squad leader's call that we were moving to a different flag [Sorry to my squadmates that round]).  Let the release fever die down and everything should fall nicely into place.

If you want something more organized than that, look into World at War and Forgotten Honor.  They are both organized communities that play in a "Tournament Style" environment.  They have some key differences, so check their forums and see which one fits you better.

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 07-09-2009, 15:09:48 »
And if possible, join squads that has members with nicknames you recognize! Like if you see forum regulars, be sure to hop in and if possible, let them know you are from the forums aswell. Then you wont be treated as a total random which can sometimes be the case. And what Ionizer said is totally true, be spontaneous and get things started by yourself. :)

Offline Ionizer

• Carrier of Squirrel Flu
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 07-09-2009, 15:09:07 »
Also, be mindful that some people can be shy on VoIP.  It sounds silly, but it's true.  The more you talk (and ask questions and whatever, just like meeting a new person in real life), the more they might talk to you.  Be friendly, don't just spout orders and stuff.

Also, BF2 is very fickle and for many people, VoIP simply doesn't work on their computers.  They might still be good team players, they just might not actually be able to talk to you.  Make sure to keep an eye open for their text messages, though.

Offline Schneider

• Ofw.Josef_Schneider
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 07-09-2009, 15:09:35 »
100% agreed. Had a nice squad yesterday, together with a friend, then for some time we had some known names in there (Lobo, flybox), and some very cooperative noobies who even used VoIP, which is not to usual. Worked out quite fine, we always held our part of the front.

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 07-09-2009, 15:09:13 »
I usually don't use Voip, but I follow orders and alwasy run where the sl points.

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 07-09-2009, 15:09:29 »
I cant use VoIP because my computer doesnt seem to like it. Thats why I use TS2 and squad chat.

But heck, that reminds me... FH2 2.2 mumble sessions = awesomeness! We played with mumble during some guerilla testing sessions and it was absolutely fantastic.

Offline NTH

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 07-09-2009, 16:09:54 »
I cant use VoIP because my computer doesnt seem to like it. Thats why I use TS2 and squad chat.

But heck, that reminds me... FH2 2.2 mumble sessions = awesomeness! We played with mumble during some guerilla testing sessions and it was absolutely fantastic.

Can we expect mumble to be incorporated into FH2. Or is it really to be used like TS2.

The whole concept of Mumble is so cool in game like FH2 and I would like it even more if the Axis team player speak English like Herr Flick http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herr_Otto_Flick. Attack zis tank at once or zee will be shot

Milton Gault roared, "Roffey, I know bloody well that Jerry knows we are here but you don't need to advertise the fact!"
(From: First in the Field, Gault of the Patricias by Jeffery Williams, page 72.)

Offline von.small

• Last of my kind
    • View Profile
    • WEARMEME
« Reply #11 on: 07-09-2009, 16:09:29 »
Please bare in mind its early days since the mod release.  Give everything a little time for the dust to settle and communal public plans/tactics to start to emerge.  Patience is a virtue absent in so many of the younger generations [falls off chair].

I know what you mean though, at the start of the round it's a bonza mad rush for anything armoured or any flying machine, 9 times out of 10 you'll find yourself running after a tank asking yourself why did the dickhead take it without giving me a lift, only to find it's burning carcass 4 mins walk away because 'he' was in a rush to pwnz0r some noobies.

HadrianBT - Why the hell would "Germany" attack pigmy ppl??!!
Thorondor123 - I agree that people are not wearing enough hats

Offline Natty

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 07-09-2009, 17:09:52 »
I have TS and VoiP active.. problem is, the sheer chaos from FH2 warfare doesnt really allow for chit-chat or even hearing anything else than the sound of doom  ;D also being in a tank + listen to other people is both unrealistic and impossible  :P

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
  • FH2 Betatester/Verdun Team Researcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 07-09-2009, 18:09:51 »
If I'm ever in a squad, join it, I live vicariously through teamwork xD  I honestly can't really enjoy FH2 without it.

Offline Captain Pyjama Shark

• Masterspammer
  • Captain of the Gravy Train
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 07-09-2009, 18:09:54 »
Does one need a mic to hear VOIP?  Because I haven't had a mic since Christmas and I haven't heard any voip since then either.