Author Topic: Italy Weekend - Custom maps on Saturday and Sunday at 19 GMT  (Read 11866 times)

Offline NTH

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
Re: Italy Weekend - Custom maps on Saturday and Sunday at 19 GMT
« Reply #75 on: 29-08-2009, 22:08:25 »
I just played a few rounds. Love the maps !!
Here is pic of me and Sheik get owned by a Killer Haystack.

Milton Gault roared, "Roffey, I know bloody well that Jerry knows we are here but you don't need to advertise the fact!"
(From: First in the Field, Gault of the Patricias by Jeffery Williams, page 72.)

Offline samnadine

• View Profile
    • Forgotten Honor
« Reply #76 on: 29-08-2009, 23:08:20 »
Apologies for the problem with Ortona map, it seems it was a bit laggy which didn't happen last time we playing in our campaign.

Feel free to comment about the maps and share your ideas, suggestions, critic or feedback  ;)

Offline kummitus

• View Profile
    • CMP Gaming
« Reply #77 on: 30-08-2009, 00:08:34 »
It was awesome ;D ;D

Sadly I can't show up tomorrow(today).  :(
CMP Gaming

Offline Niam

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 30-08-2009, 00:08:45 »
The infantry map in the hills is fabulous, I think it's Breakthrough at Monte Cassino. Probably because it's so different to the flat, tree-less desert ;) . Good job!

Offline Venous

• Wawawewa
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 30-08-2009, 00:08:30 »
It was pretty fun although I don't like ortona(laaaag) and cassino.. but Anzio is really good imo.

Offline sheikyerbouti

• Yay, Rep feature is dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 30-08-2009, 00:08:40 »
with some tweaks here and there the maps would be great. Ortona has way too many statics to be playable, less occupiable buildings would help a lot.

Anzio was great, I feel less enthusiastic about Cassino simply because it was hard to identify paths up the bloody hills. for most of Diadem, i just camped one flag as defender because I was getting dizzy running in circles around the base of the hills.

In priority,
1) Anzio : playable, ready for public release (killer haystacks wtf?)
2) Diadem: playable, needs better infantry footpaths (it was easier getting around in the truck, kinda wierd IMO)
3) Ortona: needs work, and IMO not historically accurate enough. The Germans heavily defended Ortona with well emplaced men who fought to keep every obstructed street, which btw is a glaring flaw in my opinion (the shermans were owning a little too much).  

As Aussen was telling Toddel "this map needs AAS"   :D

All in all I would gladly replay every map if I get the chance to again,
My Quebec includes Canada

Offline Forlorn_Hope

• The 3rd Canadian Expeditionary Force
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 30-08-2009, 00:08:15 »
I simply loved the map Anzio!! The leftmost british defence had a movable 6 Pounder which was devastation with against German tanks when ambushed.  :P

During the first round I was the first person to destroy the Tiger with the 6 Pounder after a couple of shots into its tracks!

I was ambushing over here and racked up to 7-8 poor Panzer III's that exposed their rears while moving towards our base. Now I finally know the true power of the AT guns.  ;D

3rdCEF Steele_Xia

Offline Coca-Cola

• [130.Pz.]A.Aasen
    • View Profile
    • MY CHARACTER MODELING AND TEXTURING SITE
« Reply #82 on: 30-08-2009, 01:08:41 »
As Aussen was telling Toddel "this map needs AAS"   :D
Yeah because it was the first thing that came to mind since I like playing a mod with people who actually use VOIP, and then I got the speech about how "FH has their proprietary push mode since..." not realizing that I've been around the FH community since before they unveiled it.

Anyways, they definitely need the battles to occur up and down the side streets not all over the city as it is now. They could also add a few more flags, roughly have a 9X9 grid of flags to make it very interesting.
MY CHARACTER MODELING AND TEXTURING SITE: http://andersgarvin.wix.com/portfolio#!home/mainPage

Offline PotterTM

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 30-08-2009, 02:08:08 »
I thought the maps were really good.  It is too bad once it got late in Europe we only had a handful of people left. 

Note to self:  The big city map does not work with 9 people!

I had some lag and stuff (on the city map) when the server was full but it was smooth with no issues with only 9!
FH since .61!

Offline NTH

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 30-08-2009, 10:08:34 »
Anzio was great, killed lots of people sneaking in the high grass. I got to play 1 minute with the Tiger, before Von.Small dropped a few on me with his Beaufighter.

Diadem I also had difficulty getting up the hills. The map did have good atmosphere.

Ortona Loads of fun, untill it crashed on everybody. I like all the little streets, enter able buildings, well placed AT guns. No lag for me, but I saw one or two players warping, this usually means they have lag problems.

Milton Gault roared, "Roffey, I know bloody well that Jerry knows we are here but you don't need to advertise the fact!"
(From: First in the Field, Gault of the Patricias by Jeffery Williams, page 72.)

Offline Twonkle

• Leave Britney alone!
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 30-08-2009, 12:08:55 »
I thought the maps were really good.  It is too bad once it got late in Europe we only had a handful of people left. 

Note to self:  The big city map does not work with 9 people!

I had some lag and stuff (on the city map) when the server was full but it was smooth with no issues with only 9!

Thats the odd thing, last time we played that map (during the campaign) the server was full and we had almost 0 lagg, truth be told, we had 0 lagg! Might be the servers being unstable since we haven't maxxed them out for a while.

// aka [F|H]Strilo on pubbie servers.

Offline samnadine

• View Profile
    • Forgotten Honor
« Reply #86 on: 30-08-2009, 12:08:25 »
thanks for the feedback, this is very appreciated and useful  :)

Yes, Ortona had some lag problems and I'll be honest, I've no idea why. It worked perfectly last time and it hasn't been changed a lot. It's a pity because it's a big city fight and for some people it's a lot of fun to play there, but we are going to remove it from the map list. Apologies for the problems.

I'll be there tonight again, hopefully now people know the ways to get on the mountains in Cassino lol  ::)

I recommend to join teamspeak and chat with other people while we play  ;)

Offline dutch

• FHT - F|H Tournament Founder
    • View Profile
    • www.forgottenhonor.com
« Reply #87 on: 30-08-2009, 15:08:18 »
I will be there tonight also, seems great fun reading the forums. :)
"Vive la mort, vive la guerre, vive le sacre mercenaire."

www.forgottenhonor.com

Offline Rawhide

• Part-time Cowboy
  • FH-Betatester
  • King of the Off-Topic Section
    • View Profile
    • #fhmod
« Reply #88 on: 30-08-2009, 16:08:27 »
Great maps, but as some said, Ortona. Got some very strange FPS drops, certain alleys and places where it was crazy from time to time

Never had this problem before  ???

Offline Twonkle

• Leave Britney alone!
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 30-08-2009, 16:08:56 »
Remember, the server is still upp! You can join it now and play with a few people on those maps.

// aka [F|H]Strilo on pubbie servers.