Poll

Should higher levels of small arms deviation be in FH2?

No, keep the current system
Yes, a small amount of deviation is nice, to help make firefights a bit more possible.
Add a ton of deviation so that the game lasts longer and long range shots are almost impossible.

Author Topic: Should the devs incorporate small arms deviation into FH2. A poll  (Read 15288 times)

Offline Pascucci the Whiner

• View Profile
After having a discussion with Kev the other night, I decided to see what everyone else thought about the matter. I know alot of people have talked about this, so I've decided to make a thread. Please do not start and argument in this thread, because it is not a suggestion merely a poll. If you choose to reply merely state your choice and why you chose it. If you disagree with someone's opinion please don't argue, if you must argue, please do it via PMing. If somebody else has already set up an identical poll, please remove this one. If you do not believe that the choices are open enough or that new ones should be added, please respond with a suggestion to change them.

thanks,
Pascucci

Offline SiCaRiO

• View Profile
PR weapons only have deviation when you do stupid things, like jumping, running turning 360º in .2 seconds. when you move slow, track enemys running sideways, deviation is almost nonexistance, and you can actualy hit the thing you are aiming at.

Offline Lightning

• Dreamcrusher
  • FH2 Dev
    • View Profile
If you do not believe that the choices are open enough or that new ones should be added, please respond with a suggestion to change them.
Maybe you can remove the PR reference in your options? I haven't been able to play PR since (sadly) my computer can't handle it, so I don't know what the options mean. I can imagine there are more people who haven't played PR.

I'd love to see more deviation in guns, in order to make firefights last longer. It's one of the things I'm determined to at least test (internally) before the release after 2.45.

Offline IrishReloaded

• Leader of Irishforce
    • View Profile
pool without a discussion is useless.
so i gonna start.
I voted NO.

Why?
1) Cause i like the system as it is now
2) FH plays alot faster then PR does, in all meanings of the game. Adding a waiting time to shoot acurate would slow down one part of the game, while the rest would still have the same speed, which would lead to massiv imba.
3) The majority of weapons are carbines, while in PR the majority are assault guns.
4) The guns in FH have a high recoil, which compensates the deviation
5) The sub machine guns have smaller bullets, and are not one shot one kills guns like the rifles. They are also more inacurate on distance, and on full auto, this compensates the deviation.
Or take the bar, it has such a high recoil that you cant see anything when you shoot, and the bullets will go anywhere too caused by the recoil.

In FH you need to be a good shooter to kill someone, in PR you need to be a good shooter and you need luck, and FH is not gambling

Offline LuckyOne

• Purple Heart Collector
    • View Profile
I really don't know... sometimes it's annoying to get insta-zapped from the other end of the map, but on the other hand those shots are not easy to pull off, I often miss a lot of shots so to me the deviation is not really necessary. But it could lead to some prolonged firefights instead of the usual who snipes best.... Maybe a bit of deviation for 1 second wouldn't hurt.
« Last Edit: 19-06-2011, 18:06:47 by LuckyOne »
This sentence is intentionally left unfinished...

Offline General_Henry

• View Profile
deviation should be introduced to prevent people turning their tiger turrets 360 degrees in 1 sec...

but small arms, well, no.

Offline Pascucci the Whiner

• View Profile
If you do not believe that the choices are open enough or that new ones should be added, please respond with a suggestion to change them.
Maybe you can remove the PR reference in your options? I haven't been able to play PR since (sadly) my computer can't handle it, so I don't know what the options mean. I can imagine there are more people who haven't played PR.

I'd love to see more deviation in guns, in order to make firefights last longer. It's one of the things I'm determined to at least test (internally) before the release after 2.45.

Fixed :P.

Offline SiCaRiO

• View Profile

In FH you need to be a good shooter to kill someone, in PR you need to be a good shooter and you need luck, and FH is not gambling

no luck needed to hit your target in PR, you just need to not do stupid things, like turning your body 180º in .2 seconds, jump from a second floor to the ground and rise your aim to have 100% accuarate in .2 seconds. all those things are impossible to do, yet they can be done in FH2. deviation prevents that, without hurting your aim if you know how to do it.

Offline LuckyOne

• Purple Heart Collector
    • View Profile

no luck needed to hit your target in PR, you just need to not do stupid things, like turning your body 180º in .2 seconds, jump from a second floor to the ground and rise your aim to have 100% accuarate in .2 seconds. all those things are impossible to do, yet they can be done in FH2. deviation prevents that, without hurting your aim if you know how to do it.

You can't aim .2 seconds after you fall from the second floor AFAIK, it plays the running animation.

And BTW I too haven't played PR except in SP, so I don't know how their firefights play out, but from what I have seen in videos and played in SP, you can hit things pretty good after some time standing still.
« Last Edit: 19-06-2011, 17:06:22 by LuckyOne »
This sentence is intentionally left unfinished...

Offline SiCaRiO

• View Profile
you could in 2.25,trough i havent play 2.3 in a while now

Offline IrishReloaded

• Leader of Irishforce
    • View Profile
yeah you need to wait a coulbe of seconds till you can aim.
The same like in FH when you lay down you need to aim
I dont want to wait to aim all the time.
In PR its good cause everyone would play rambo with assault rifles.
In FH you often just have one shot anyway, you shoot 4-5 times you maybe miss, then you often switch to shovel and knife, which is cool.

For storming in in FH we have submachine guns, which are hard to controll on distance and good for cqb.

The system we have is quite balanced. In PR you dont have single shoot weapons (expect those SMLE for Talibans)

Offline Musti

• View Profile
i can only imagine assaulting a trench with PR deviation.

-someone sprints to the trench and jumps down.
-sees a german soldier and aims his Tommy gun
-both stand still for few seconds just to get rid of deviation
-one shoots another, lucky guy with more accurate gun wins.
Yah very fun,realistic and shit.

NO. keep it as it is. everything is great now (maybe LMGs should me more accurate)
« Last Edit: 19-06-2011, 18:06:56 by Musti »
WARNING!
Assholes are closer than they appear!

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
  • FH2 Betatester/Verdun Team Researcher
    • View Profile
NO.

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
you could in 2.25,trough i havent play 2.3 in a while now
Maybe play a bit more of 2.3 before stating your opinion, because now you can see it is outdated and therfore obsolete.

I want no more deviation, I think it is OK as it is. Making more deviation would feel too artificial to me. Like some others posted before me, when you shoot a rifle and miss, it will take a few secs until you can shoot again (bolt action, the most common rifle in the game).

Offline Matthew_Baker

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
ye i chose the last one ;D (when it was still the PR one)... im sort of all for the increase in teamwork and slowed down gameplay. I personally think that itd be nice to see FH get to this point eventually, right now its a little too run and gun, pixel sniping for me to enjoy (yet i play it for hours every chance it get lol).

Now obviously for FH to get to that point it would need alot of other aspects but I think  adding a little more deviation is a step in the right direction. I just feel as if deviation, as evidenced by PR, would add to longer lasting firefights, which would eventually lead to a more cohesive teamwork structure that would allow for new, more innovative ways of eliminating your enemy, instead of wait till he pops up and then get our best "sniper" to snipe him. That's kinda how it is in FH for me right now, just too fast for my taste. I'd vote for every chance to slow down gameplay a bit more, but that's of course my opinion.