Poll

Finishing skins before beginning with the Battle of the Bulge?

Yes
30 (33.3%)
No
60 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 89

Author Topic: FH2 Skins  (Read 10614 times)

azreal

Re: FH2 Skins
« Reply #30 on: 20-10-2010, 21:10:17 »
someone told me that BF bad comp 2 has permed damage to buildings(still don't know if it's true)

and...?

Offline th_battleaxe

• Bon Vivant
  • Bit of a Révolutionnaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 20-10-2010, 21:10:57 »
someone told me that BF bad comp 2 has permed damage to buildings(still don't know if it's true)

and...?
might be funny to see guys buried under a pile of rubble
J'aime l'oignon, frît à l'huile
J'aime l'oignon car il est bon
J'aime l'oignon, j'aime l'oignon

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 20-10-2010, 21:10:40 »
Sometime between 2.2 and 2.xx

Fixed. FYI, there will never be a version FH 3.xx. It'll always be FH2.xx. Unless of course we move to another engine and begin work on Forgotten Hope 3. ;)

I meant 2.3

Offline Kelmola

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 20-10-2010, 21:10:06 »
and...?
Even IF all the FH2 contents could be magically ported to a format which BFBC2 accepts (which would be about as realistic as raising your very own rainbow-vomiting unicorn) there was a link on these very forums to a very detailed, very technical thread, where a DICE employee thoroughly explains why modding tools for Frostbite1/2/etc. engined games (aka BFBC2, rumoured BF3, etc.) or basically, for any "too modern" engines are either flat-out impossible, or extremely inconvenient and too difficult to implement in practice.

Basically, BFBC2 requires you to have several third-party developer tools available when creating new content, and you will have to "recompile" every single level when you make a slight change to anything, which will take a couple of days of computation time for all the game's content. Also, were this not the case, any modern FPS, Frostbite-engined including, uses nowadays several third-party physics tools, effect tools, etc. that are required to be present when creating content for a game, and the makers of those are not going to licence them en masse to end users.

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 20-10-2010, 22:10:15 »
Not this topic again.... I typoed ok, TYPO! 2.3, not 3.0

Offline Natty

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 20-10-2010, 22:10:31 »
there was a link on these very forums to a very detailed, very technical thread, where a DICE employee thoroughly explains why modding tools for Frostbite1/2/etc.

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/battlefield-bad-company-2-pc/1350772-so-how-about-modtools.html

there, if anyone barges in with the amazing clever and never thought-of-before suggestion that we should just make a BC2 mod again, shove that link down his throat and we do body-shots on his head after  8)

Offline th_battleaxe

• Bon Vivant
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 21-10-2010, 16:10:22 »
right, remind me not to say that again....

Offline Hockeywarrior

• One of the superior 5-digit numbers
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 21-10-2010, 20:10:13 »
Hey if the devs are going to spend time going back to add in those Falsc. models/skins for those two maps, why not have them go back and make custom skins for all the other maps where they are missing? Why do these two maps get special treatment?

In other words, no. I would rather see our skinners make snow versions of all of the German late war tanks so we can get the Battle of the Bulge patch sooner. And thus the eastern front sooner! (that's really what I care about)

Check out my Red Orchestra, FH2, and shooting videos!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQK9lbdAEi9mAM5iGfHoeyA

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 21-10-2010, 20:10:43 »
Its not just 2 skins, mate. Its 2 new models since the uniform of an American para is not just a skinning of a American ranger, or the normal Here/ SS uniform the same-minus-'skins' as the FJs.

Ironically, this makes more sense to work on than skins because it can be reused in any map made for paras, not only Crete, PHL, Sfakia and Ramelle... Oh, wait... It already is :-P

Aside,
Since not all those battles DID involve rangers though, what is the difference between the current uniform for Yanks and the regular GI?

Offline bakehouse

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 22-10-2010, 00:10:32 »
can't we just use the gumby models.  ;D ;D

....the are pretty kickass........
:) WAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.............its hell>>>>>>>>deal with it :)

Offline Torenico

• Masterspammer
  • ¡Viva la Revolución!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 22-10-2010, 01:10:34 »
I want 47 Royal Marine Commando Skins, German 352nd infantry division Skins, 352nd infanterie division Skins, 17th and 2nd US Infantry Division Skins.

Really, i want them, but it WONT happen.

Just leave these "Skins" you're talking about for later, i'd rather have a well made BotB than a well made Crete, for example.

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 22-10-2010, 01:10:29 »
Most of that is just insignia though.

Offline th_battleaxe

• Bon Vivant
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 22-10-2010, 16:10:51 »
Hey if the devs are going to spend time going back to add in those Falsc. models/skins for those two maps, why not have them go back and make custom skins for all the other maps where they are missing? Why do these two maps get special treatment?

In other words, no. I would rather see our skinners make snow versions of all of the German late war tanks so we can get the Battle of the Bulge patch sooner. And thus the eastern front sooner! (that's really what I care about)
yeah, I bet theta0123 really can't wait until they make a whitewashed churchill

Offline :| Hi

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 23-10-2010, 03:10:44 »
Thread filled with various crap

I honestly wouldn't mind maps over skins. Normandy camo on the bulge would be fine with me. Would make ninja-ing around more difficult and fun  ;D

[2:06:54 PM] Tolga: cant use tha shit underwater -Tolga on the G3

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 24-10-2010, 03:10:34 »
Ok, so recall this big wonderful update where the reskinned, remodeled Tommies were shown for Normandy before 2.2? Now this is 1944 and fashion should be changed somewhat from post WW1 facial hair to something a bit more befitting. Those models took the Heavy infantry model and the light infantry model and abandoned the Squad Leader model (Thank God) and removed the facial hair of almost all but one variant of the light infantry, which made sense in a less-harsh environment like Normandy, compared to NA

Then we see them ingame and alas! Its back to the basics - Including mr twisty moustache!

Any reason why? cus that layout shown in the news update was perfect!

Also, would it be possible to add reskins for British and American models later - It would be nice to see the various kinds depending on which battle they fought in historically (Including insigna) as opposed to a generic Ranger uniform and Brit one.

For instance, there were these thick jacket-like tops I tend to see ranked officers wearing (Not generals, no, but combat troops), and there was the extra thing that Captain Miller wore in SPR... Also would be happy to see those
« Last Edit: 24-10-2010, 03:10:39 by djinn »