Poll

The warning scream sound when throwing a grenade, keep it or remove it?

Keep it!
Remove it!
Be able to turn it on or off!

Author Topic: New grenade 'falling on the ground' sound + removal of scream throw sound  (Read 9184 times)

Offline Josh094

• FH-Betatester
  • Oh dear.
    • View Profile
    • ProjectBarrett
Or you hear "Grenade!" Your heart drops, your bowels drop and then you are blown out of the nearest window.

Offline Kubador

• FH-Betatester
  • Flippin' Warbears since 1988
    • View Profile
If there is really no way to use shout for primary and no shout for secondary fire then I'm voting for keeping the warning. It does more good than bad for the team. Most of the time you use it in attack and chaos situations where the enemy still may not hear the shout but your mates will due to close proximity. In sneaky moments (which happen rarely) you'll just have to use other assets. Anyway it's not a best idea to blow your cover with a nade.

There's (or was) also a neat trick to shout 'incoming' which sounded exactly the same as granade warning. At that time you'd be waiting with your smg for enemies to pop out of the room in panic right to your trap. Preatty good way to clear buildings and saving ammo.

P.S. Also Sgt. Loco it is just respectful to others by using search function and dig up a thread or making new one with some new insight. Otherwise it's same old story for others. Please treat it as a friendly advice.

Offline Jobabb Jobabbsen

• View Profile
The shouting should be taken away imo.  I dont really believe in the "realism" of grenade-shouting. Basicly you warn your comrades of course. But these rules dont count in light and noise discipline, which was strict in many assaults. In real im very sure they were quiet just as much as they screamed before throwing a grenade, aswell as warning their friends with hand signals or gesticulations. Something i know is impossible in FH2, but to replace it with screaming GRENADE and completely reveal your position is unnecesarry. It should been lower volume at least.
   I guess it could be a few more TK's but i somehow doubt it would be any drastical change. Rather a very few more TK's than always reaveal your position when using a grenade, which imo is the best surprise weapon.
Its just my opinion, its just an unimportant detail all in all of course :)

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
A grenade is not a surprise weapon, it is to clear concealed enemies.

Offline Jobabb Jobabbsen

• View Profile
It is for clearing concealed enemies amongst other uses, yes. But its also a very good surprise weapon. Its more devastating than a rifle and it doesnt reveal your position so obviously as a rifle (particulary in FH2).
I would say the 2nd episode of BoB pretty well show how good it is as a surprise weapon.

Offline Cory the Otter

• Smoke me a kipper, I'll be home for breakfast.
    • View Profile
    • FA Profile
Sgt.Loco, this is the basic problem:

This is a game, 95% persons play it only for their own interest and scores, with such feature they would use always the silent one and don't give a crap about the safety of their mates. It's a not valid system.
Afaik we can't customize this enough: switch off the sound with a key or using the right mouse or something.

So grenade shout stays.
so why is this still going on?

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
It is for clearing concealed enemies amongst other uses, yes. But its also a very good surprise weapon. Its more devastating than a rifle and it doesnt reveal your position so obviously as a rifle (particulary in FH2).
I would say the 2nd episode of BoB pretty well show how good it is as a surprise weapon.

OK, I agree with you that you could use it as a surprise weapon, but it wasn't designed that way. That's why I don't think the grenadeshout is a problem. If you want to use the grenade for a surprise, cook it way before you're gonna meet the enemy, then you'll have your surprise.

Offline Hresvelgr

• View Profile
The thing is, at least in my experience so feel free to disagree, whenever I toss a 'nade while shouting "GREEENAAADE!!!" for whatever reason most of the time any nearby teammates take that as a cue to rush forward right to the exact place it landed. I don't know whether that is because in every language but English "Grenade" means "charge forward", because people just like to spite me by lowering my score, or because most pubbies really are that retarded. But regardless, the shouting serves no purpose but to alert the enemy as to the direction from which said grenade is flying.

Offline 9.Pz-Div. Günther

• View Profile
Sorry Loco just have to rifle nade them like I do for total surprise! ;D

Actually, I noticed if you see your mate, or the enemy shoot a rifle grenade it will have a long clear white smokeline which totally reveals where the grenade came from. This is just as bad as the grenade throwing sound. So if you don't move out in time you'll get a rifle grenade right back on your position. But perhaps it's realistic, I'd like to know..