Author Topic: FH 2.4 Multiplayer  (Read 1750 times)

Offline Dukat

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
Re: FH 2.4 Multiplayer
« Reply #30 on: 15-02-2012, 01:02:43 »
So, BF2 crashes as well and you cannot reinstall BF2 properly? Then the problem is on BF2. Doesn't look like a FH2 problem any longer.

If you google BF2 crash join server windows 7, you'll get a freaking long list of hits. And there seem to be multiple solutions mentioned for this problem.

Let me just fetch 2 solutions:

Solved: How to fix Bf2 crash when joining a server
when joining a server you might have your game crash and go back to your desktop screen there is a simple salution to this, open task manager ctrl+alt+del then click on processes tab, find Bf2, right click it and select Set afinity make sure only cpu 0 is selected.
this is all you will need to do the down side to this is that you will have to do this every time you load the game. but for people that have this problem, Im afraid i have not come across any other salution.
good luck!

Quote:
cem_ea_id.M_Taylor40 wrote:IT WORKED!
Vanilla BF2 worked and I played a whole match without it crashing! I'm updating to 1.41, installing Special Forces, updating to 1.41 again then 1.5 now and hopefully it will still be working. I'm only going to have time to install everything and I won't be able to test it tonight but will report back tomorrow after work (Around 6pm GMT).

As long as this works these are my full instructions on how to get BF2 1.5 working on Windows 7 x86 or x64 (And what you can try to get it working on Vista if you having issues with that)

These instructions have worked for me on:
Windows XP Pro SP3 x86
Windows Vista Ultimate SP2 x64
Windows 7 Pro x86
Windows 7 Pro x64

Part 1 - Removing bad installation of BF2. If you have not yet installed BF2 please move onto part 2.

To delete the save files:

1. Click the Start button on the Windows Taskbar.
    2. Select My Documents.
    3. Right-click the Battlefield 2 folder and select Delete.

To delete the game files (in the default location):

2. Select My Computer.
    3. Double-click the C: drive.
    4. Double-click the Program Files folder.
    5. Double-click the EA GAMES folder.
    6. Right-click the Battlefield 2 folder and choose Delete.
    7. Close all open windows.
    8. Right-click the Recycle Bin and choose Empty Recycle Bin.

To edit the registry and remove Battlefield 2:

2. Select Run.
    3. Type regedit in the text field and click OK.
    4. Click File and select Export.
    5. Name the file "Backup" (without the quotation marks) and make sure the Export Range is set to All.
    6. Click Save. (You will now be returned to the Registry Editor window.)
    7. Click the plus (+) sign next to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.
    8. Click the plus (+) sign next to Software.
    9. Click the plus (+) sign next to DICE.
    10. Right-click the Battlefield 2 folder and select Delete.
    11. Right-click the Battlefield 2: Armored Fury folder (if applicable) and select Delete.
    12. Click the plus (+) sign next to Electronic Arts.
    13. Right-click any Battlefield 2 folders and select Delete.
    14. Click the plus (+) sign next to Microsoft.
    15. Click the plus (+) sign next to Windows.
    16. Click the plus (+) sign next to CurrentVersion.
    17. Click the plus (+) sign next to Uninstall.
    18. Right-click the key named {04858915-9F49-4B2A-AED4-DC49A7DE6A7B} and select Delete.
    19. A Confirm Key Delete window will appear; select Yes.
    20. Close the Windows Registry Editor.
    21. Go to the following folder: C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information.
    * If you cannot find this folder you may have to go to Tools > Folder Settings and click the setting to "SHOW hidden folders."
    22. Find the folders with the exact same values as the registry keys above and delete them.
    23. Right-click the Recycle Bin and select Empty Recycle Bin.

Battlefield 2 should now be completely removed from your system.

Restart your computer after removing BF2!!!

Part 2 - Installing BF2

1. Disable UAC if on Vista/7 and reboot your PC.
    2. Insert BF2 DVD, close anything that auto runs and then view contents of DVD, right click Setup.exe and select Run as Admin. Notice you do not get prompted to confirm Admin Rights as UAC is turned off.
    3. Follow installation instructions to install BF2, if our installation appears to hang after setting up the VoIP settings and before the installation of Gamespy, open the task manager->processes, find BF2VoiceSetup.exe, right click and select end process - NOT END PROCESS TREE!
    4. Reboot to finish installation of BF2.
    5. Once restarted patch to version 1.41 by right clicking the patch and select run as admin. Do not restart after patching.
    6. Insert BF2 - Special Forces DVD, close anything that auto runs, view DVD contents, right click setup.exe and select run as admin.
    7. Once Special Forces is installed re-run patch 1.41 by right clicking it and selecting Run as Admin.
    8. Once BF2 and Special Forces are patched to 1.41 then patch to 1.5 by right clicking patch 1.5 and select run as admin.
    9. Once you have finished patching to 1.5 then right click the shortcut within the start menu for BF2 and select run as admin.
    10. Download PBSetup.exe from punkbuster to manually update BF2.
    11. Once everything is installed and patched and Punkbuster is also updated right click on the BF2 shortcut and select properties. Open compatibility tab and then select run as admin. Click Ok.
    12. Hopefully if you have followed these instructions you can now play BF2 with Special Forces patched to version 1.5 and it will not crash to desktop!!!

I hope this helps the rest of you!
M_Taylor40
« Last Edit: 15-02-2012, 01:02:29 by Dukat »

I usually imagine my own sounds with it, like `tjunk, tupdieyupdiedee` aaa enemy spotted, ratatatataboom

Offline DLFReporter

• FH-Betatester
  • Betatesting FH2 makes me edgy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 15-02-2012, 08:02:20 »
Above all that Dukat posted, how is the state of your DVD? I've had a BF2 DVD die on me of old age and over usage as well.
Gravity is a habit that is hard to shake off

Offline Laggo

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 15-02-2012, 13:02:06 »
thank you dukat for the post now i try this solutions..
DLFReporter: The DVD have no big scratch and works perfectly...

Offline DLFReporter

• FH-Betatester
  • Betatesting FH2 makes me edgy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 15-02-2012, 13:02:07 »
Just picking at all possibilities. Hope one of the solutions will help you.
Gravity is a habit that is hard to shake off

Offline Laggo

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 15-02-2012, 18:02:24 »

Part 2 - Installing BF2

3. Follow installation instructions to install BF2, if our installation appears to hang after setting up the VoIP settings and before the installation of Gamespy, open the task manager->processes, find BF2VoiceSetup.exe, right click and select end process - NOT END PROCESS TREE!

i don´t can follow the installation instructions because it crash before there came any appears

Solved: How to fix Bf2 crash when joining a server
when joining a server you might have your game crash and go back to your desktop screen there is a simple salution to this, open task manager ctrl+alt+del then click on processes tab, find Bf2, right click it and select Set afinity make sure only cpu 0 is selected.
this is all you will need to do the down side to this is that you will have to do this every time you load the game. but for people that have this problem, Im afraid i have not come across any other salution.
good luck!

don´t work :( what is wrong with my computer why crash the bf2 setup.exe...

Offline Dukat

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 16-02-2012, 00:02:35 »
Did you delete all remainders of your current Installation of BF2 as described? Did you delete the entries in the registry?

If yes, I'm clueless. Then it might be just everything. Like outdates drivers for the mainboard, a missing Microsoft update or a certain microsoft update too much, viruses, you see, it gets speculative. If other games don't run either, I'd just re-install the operating system, I guess. Sorry to say.

I usually imagine my own sounds with it, like `tjunk, tupdieyupdiedee` aaa enemy spotted, ratatatataboom