Author Topic: Development progress?  (Read 29408 times)

Offline Defibkiller

• View Profile
Re: Mod dead already?
« Reply #60 on: 06-08-2013, 12:08:18 »
Sounds like someone has too much mouse sensitivity in his tank options. Might want to check on that.

..you really think after 12mths i haven't tried altering mouse sensitivity, both inside the game and 'on the fly' adjustable DPI on my Logitech G400 mouse?

c'mon...I'm not that stupid.

There was some kind of 'momentum' adjustment made in 2.45 and it made accurate tank turret movement almost impossible (relative to the previous release)

« Last Edit: 06-08-2013, 12:08:56 by Defibkiller »

Offline Kalkalash

• aka Niko1992
    • View Profile
Re: Development progress?
« Reply #61 on: 06-08-2013, 12:08:17 »
I agree with Defibkiller. I can't remove the swaying and sliding either (mouse on lowest sensitivity and ingame sensitivity as low as it can go). I haven't really tanked at all ever since the controls were changed.
“Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.” - George Carlin

Offline Defibkiller

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 06-08-2013, 12:08:57 »
I agree with Defibkiller. I can't remove the swaying and sliding either (mouse on lowest sensitivity and ingame sensitivity as low as it can go). I haven't really tanked at all ever since the controls were changed.

Get ready to be patronised and told it's all in your imagination.

Basically, the stock response from the dev's and their fanboys who don't want to admit they got something wrong.

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 06-08-2013, 12:08:27 »
It's either that or assholes turing up their mouse sensitivity for lightning fast tank turrets, so suck it up.

Offline Defibkiller

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 06-08-2013, 12:08:39 »
It's either that or assholes turing up their mouse sensitivity for lightning fast tank turrets, so suck it up.

Oh c'mon, so few people play nowdays, do you really need to worry about such things....

what about the 'assholes' who turn down all the lighting options, giving them far superior visibility on maps?, meaning they will, 9 times out of 10, get the drop on you.

Ruining tank combat for everyone just to counter the few idiots is stupid, especially with such a flawed and broken way of doing it...such shitty turret movement, means it makes camping in tanks the only really usable tactic, because trying to fire on the move is nigh on impossible with any accuracy.

« Last Edit: 06-08-2013, 13:08:42 by Defibkiller »

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 06-08-2013, 13:08:15 »
..you really think after 12mths i haven't tried altering mouse sensitivity

Wouldnt surprise me tbh. The internet is full of people who are unable to think or solve problems on their own. Positive to know you arent one of them. :)

Offline hitm4k3r

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 06-08-2013, 13:08:14 »
The mod has problems atm in certain areas, but turret movements is certainly not one of them. It is time to do your homeworks guys. And that allied tanks got nerfed and lowered in numbers is just hilarious. Time to fire up the mod and check what you are saying, before posting such enormous load of nonesense. Because this is simply spreading lies and nothing more.  ::)

Offline Strat_84

• FH-Betatester
  • Lemming Chieftain
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 06-08-2013, 13:08:25 »
From that ridiculous 'rubber band' turret movement, where the damn thing just keeps rotating for about 2 secs after you stop moving your mouse ...
Set the sensitivity to 0.2 for tanks, make sure your mouse sensitivity isn't above 1000 dpi, refrain yourself from abruptly dragging your mouse (i.e. stay calm and control your movements).
Once you've learned it, aiming isn't that difficult, you can even shoot on the move. That's not as easy and accurate as it used to be previously, but it's doable. And don't forget it was also very hard IRL.  ;)

... to the absurd 'angle mod' or whatever the fuck its called ...
So you were a turret hatch lobbing adept ? Or the kind of people killing tanks with a shot from the front, hitting parallel to the side armor ?
Angle mod may have a few weird behaviours in particular situations, but it's anything but "absurd".

... to allied tanks being nerfed on most maps, in quantity and quality.
Ahahah, that's amusing to read this when there are, on the other side, quite a number of people complaining the Shermans are invincible.  ;D

Offline Lightning

• Dreamcrusher
  • FH2 Dev
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 06-08-2013, 14:08:47 »
From that ridiculous 'rubber band' turret movement, where the damn thing just keeps rotating for about 2 secs after you stop moving your mouse, to the absurd 'angle mod' or whatever the fuck its called, to allied tanks being nerfed on most maps, in quantity and quality.

Tank combat just sucks donkey balls now...
Posts like this are hugely demotivating. If you don't want another release, this is exactly the kind of shit you should be posting. A lot of effort went into trying to improve the tank combat in 2.45 and if all you can say is that it "sucks balls" without any sort of recognition of the hundreds of hours of work that went into it then the best you can hope for is not getting told to fuck off.

Offline Horstpetersens

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 06-08-2013, 14:08:33 »
to allied tanks being nerfed on most maps, in quantity and quality.

wait what ?

not sure if stupid or just trolling ???

Offline mopskind

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 06-08-2013, 14:08:06 »

Posts like this are hugely demotivating. If you don't want another release, this is exactly the kind of shit you should be posting. A lot of effort went into trying to improve the tank combat in 2.45 and if all you can say is that it "sucks balls" without any sort of recognition of the hundreds of hours of work that went into it then the best you can hope for is not getting told to fuck off.

Agreed. People tend to forget that they are enjoying the hard work of people who put in effort and time to create something for free. Constructive criticism should be and i think always was welcome, but being a bitch about everything that shatters your little special world is just not helpful for anybody

Offline x4fun ODIUM

• View Profile
    • www.762-ranking.de
« Reply #71 on: 06-08-2013, 14:08:26 »

My personal 2.45 best-of:

"Well the hitboxes were adjusted, but nothing that would explain the blood splashes 24/7."
"Learn to aim, the Shermans are not OP. I always one-shot them."
"What? You think a Cromwell should not withstand 3 rounds AP from a King Tiger?
"No, a Panzerschreck was never supposed to penetrate a Sherman IRL."
"Bicycles were bulletproof in WW2, didn't you know that?"
"K98 has no added deviation. The SMLE is not better."
"Tank guns have no overdone random deviation added to the rounds they fire at 300m."

Respect to all the hard work that you guys have put into the mod until 2.40. Maybe even 2.45.
But for how long do you guys know now, that these issues exist? Not a tiny hotfix in so long a time.
I can understand people who are thinking that development has ceased.

There is no need to be frustrated, all the anger and disappointment that players carry to you after FH 2.45 prove one thing: Since FH 0.7 (that's where I started playing and loving FH) you guys have built a strong reputation for good gameplay (that considers the gamers' POV) and high quality modeling/mapping.

It proves that players, even if they voice them rudely like Defibkiller, have developed high hopes and expectancies towards your skills and abilities. If that does not motivate you, then what?
« Last Edit: 06-08-2013, 15:08:42 by x4fun ODIUM »
Kind Regards / MfG
x4fun I<ODIUM>I

Offline Horstpetersens

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 06-08-2013, 14:08:31 »
time to set up the 2.4 server again

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 06-08-2013, 14:08:24 »
How childish. And you want to be taken seriously?

Offline x4fun ODIUM

• View Profile
    • www.762-ranking.de
« Reply #74 on: 06-08-2013, 14:08:16 »
I wish to. I don't want to. That would be childish. Read the rest of my post, if you are interested in a serious conversation.

Or google "humor", maybe even "irony". Btw.: Randoom started the popcorn thingie. It's been an ongoing thing ever since between the two of us. Nothing really aimed at you, Slayer. But you never fail to give your 2 pence to whatever I write, eh Slayer? :)
« Last Edit: 06-08-2013, 14:08:45 by x4fun ODIUM »
Kind Regards / MfG
x4fun I<ODIUM>I