Author Topic: The 2010 winter Olympics thread.  (Read 13058 times)

Offline Graf_Radetzky(CZ)

• View Profile
Re: The 2010 winter Olympics thread.
« Reply #75 on: 19-02-2010, 08:02:32 »
Hehe, our (czech) ice skater T. Werner was doing his exhibition on Zorba, M. Olympus OLD loading song  :D

Umm now is other song for it? Or i understanded it bad?  :)

Offline Coca-Cola

• [130.Pz.]A.Aasen
    • View Profile
    • MY CHARACTER MODELING AND TEXTURING SITE
« Reply #76 on: 19-02-2010, 15:02:23 »
Mens hockey
Canada - 3 (shootout)
Switzerland - 2

Well Canada did'nt play as well as they should have. On paper the game should have been alot more decisive. Great game for the Swiss though, their goalie played fantastic.

Big game on Sunday USA vs. Canada  :o
True that, I left 2 minutes into the 3rd because they were playing like shit, and I couldn't take it anymore.
MY CHARACTER MODELING AND TEXTURING SITE: http://andersgarvin.wix.com/portfolio#!home/mainPage

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 19-02-2010, 15:02:35 »
LINDSAY VONN!!!!

Just got pwned by Germany.

She actually got pwned by the pole....

Wouldn't have won even without that pole.

Offline Moose

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 19-02-2010, 15:02:30 »
No probably not. Her and Reisch are best friends though. She stays at Reisch's house whenever she is Germany. So it's fair.

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 19-02-2010, 15:02:41 »
Yeah? Didn't know that. The world is small  ;D

Offline Coca-Cola

• [130.Pz.]A.Aasen
    • View Profile
    • MY CHARACTER MODELING AND TEXTURING SITE
« Reply #80 on: 19-02-2010, 17:02:11 »
Of course, once you get to that level, there's only so many people that you can really relate to or get good competition. On a slightly similar note, during the halftime of the Swiss-Canada game, the announcers were showing how all four of the teams from which the Olympic team took players were coached by Canadians (or something to that effect); the rest being from NHL teams.
MY CHARACTER MODELING AND TEXTURING SITE: http://andersgarvin.wix.com/portfolio#!home/mainPage

Offline [130.Pz]I.Kluge

• Better ask twice than lose yourself once.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 19-02-2010, 18:02:30 »
True that, I left 2 minutes into the 3rd because they were playing like shit, and I couldn't take it anymore.

I am surprise, maybe the U.S will be able to snatch the gold.

Offline Tedacious

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 19-02-2010, 21:02:16 »
Hockey!

Sweden just scored against Belrussia! Daniel Sedin, assisted by Henrik Sedin.

Hopefully there won't be a re-run of the Sweden-Belrussia game in the 2002 olympics:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFQnIFN1pYo
Tommy Salos worst mistake of his life, he will ot be remembered for his great skills, earlier, but for that mistake that made him the most disliked/talked about person in sweden. i will always remember it (it was in sudden death too)

edit: 2-0 now!
I see were you are trying to reach: "how can a 17 year old kid have such a thinking like this? why doesnt he wants to be like normal teens who whana get rich? and his plan actually makes sense, but is too damn revolutionary and good at the same time than is still doubthfull if it works..." - Damaso

Offline sheikyerbouti

• Yay, Rep feature is dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 19-02-2010, 22:02:13 »
 there hasn't been much commentary relevant to what is happening outside competition itself so I will add my 2 cents...

Where is the display for the next Olympics in London? C'mon Limeys show your pride and sell yourself to us
 Why is Dutch house closed to the public?
 Why are the European teams (except Germany) limiting access to their pavilions?
 Why do I need to get scanned for bombs when I want to go watch a show?
 Why is there no travel information for the countries that are displaying themselves, if I am interested in the Netherlands (for example), wouldn't it be helpful to have information available for me to peruse?

and finally,
 Why are there empty seats for games that I want to go see? the Olympic family bullshit is getting annoying for those of us who are trying to get tickets and having no luck, only to see some block of empty seats reserved for IOC members that cannot even be bothered to attend the games that they laid claim to.

All in all, the Olympics have been good. The tourists are friendly and the weather has been perfect but the flaws in planning have reared their ugly head especially when it comes to the rampant ticket scalping which has gotten out of hand.
My Quebec includes Canada

Offline Eat Uranium

• Tea Drinker
  • Global Moderator
  • Today's news will contain [REDACTED]
    • View Profile
    • FH2 Music
« Reply #84 on: 19-02-2010, 22:02:57 »
Where is the display for the next Olympics in London? C'mon Limeys show your pride and sell yourself to us
We'd rather not, because that would involve putting Boris Johnson in the international eye again.

Offline sheikyerbouti

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 19-02-2010, 22:02:59 »
 Well, it certainly casts the UK in a poor light when Mother Russia has a display but Old Blighty can't even find a quid or two to sell the success of their games in advance.

The atmosphere here in Vancouver has been intense but it could be even more vibrant if all the Olympic partners were fully involved and participating in our games. The Beijing summer Olympics happened in 2008 and even the Chinese government had the foresight to participate here but still no Great Britain to be found.

i guess the British don't want anyone to come to their games, it may be just as well because London is so bloody expensive most people will have to sleep on the streets in order to afford some tickets and maybe the odd pint or five to wash down their 'donner kebab'...

Offline Tedacious

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 20-02-2010, 00:02:09 »
Sweden won! 4-2
I see were you are trying to reach: "how can a 17 year old kid have such a thinking like this? why doesnt he wants to be like normal teens who whana get rich? and his plan actually makes sense, but is too damn revolutionary and good at the same time than is still doubthfull if it works..." - Damaso

Offline [130.Pz]I.Kluge

• Better ask twice than lose yourself once.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 20-02-2010, 06:02:25 »
Finland VS Germany

Just started and the Fins have made the first goal.

Offline sheikyerbouti

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 20-02-2010, 07:02:48 »
Mens hockey
Canada - 3 (shootout)
Switzerland - 2

Well Canada did'nt play as well as they should have. On paper the game should have been alot more decisive. Great game for the Swiss though, their goalie played fantastic.

Big game on Sunday USA vs. Canada  :o

If you left the game itself at GM place, you deserve to be hung out to dry.

Btw germany is playing like shit in the Fin-Ger hockey game. The Finn's totally deserve to win. Kudos to Teemu Selanne for becoming all time points leader.

Offline FlyGuy45

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 20-02-2010, 07:02:09 »
Canadians vs. Swiss was AWESOME.

Curling is awesome too.