Author Topic: Death screams from many, many metres away!  (Read 4000 times)

Offline Natty

• Developer
    • View Profile
Re: Death screams from many, many metres away!
« Reply #15 on: 10-01-2010, 23:01:01 »
this is a sound bug. I also hear nades exploding like im next to it. I know it is a bug because I flew 500meters up in the air with freecam and listened to the bots distant battle. Nade sounds the same volume as the .wav file sounds in SoundForge. (i.e. no added fading volumeramp from the game)

Will look at properties of this sound and the nades for next patch.

Offline Gezoes

• There is no middle ground.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 13-01-2010, 08:01:16 »
Indeed, I'm hearing lots of sounds right next to me, when in fact they're miles away. Grenades especially, but No.4's too, MP40's, the list goes on. Flippy stated 'It's ambient sound', and I thought he meant more sounds just got a 'distant version'. Alas.

I was way north of the flak batteries on Totalize, close to the maps edge, and heard lots of nades, deaths and shots around me. I was there for quite a while. There was nobody near me. Can I do something about it myself? Or do we have to wait for a fix, because I can't play like this  ??? Strategy is out the window too unfortunately.

"If I wasn't a little mad, I'd go mad."

Offline 9.Pz-Div. Günther

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 15-01-2010, 04:01:31 »
Indeed, I'm hearing lots of sounds right next to me, when in fact they're miles away. Grenades especially, but No.4's too, MP40's, the list goes on. Flippy stated 'It's ambient sound', and I thought he meant more sounds just got a 'distant version'. Alas.

I was way north of the flak batteries on Totalize, close to the maps edge, and heard lots of nades, deaths and shots around me. I was there for quite a while. There was nobody near me. Can I do something about it myself? Or do we have to wait for a fix, because I can't play like this  ??? Strategy is out the window too unfortunately.

My profile got f*cked up after a BF2 crash so all my controls and settings were reset. After putting everything back to normal, just changing the controls and graphics though, the sound was fine again. :)

Offline Gezoes

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 15-01-2010, 14:01:09 »
Thanks for replying Gunther!

I didn't notice any changes in my profile and/or settings, but I'll try switching some things back and forth, and saving my profile a couple of times. I guess that's what does the trick, not so much changing some settings.

It really sucks hearing chaos around me, while there's no-one around, unplayable. Will give it a try tonight.

Offline Alberto22

• proud to be italian
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 16-01-2010, 11:01:05 »
this sound bug really suck, evrytime i hear an anti tank near me, or some explosion, i watch around and there is nothing, so u can loose time by watching around and enemy can take u out easly :S

Offline Gezoes

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 16-01-2010, 13:01:00 »
Yep, it sucks alright. Changing and saving profile settings didnt help.

Do we have to wait for a /cough hotfix or six months for a new patch? I can't imagine this 'slipping through' so is this just on our end? In any case, some more FEEDBACK would be nice. How can we fix this.
« Last Edit: 16-01-2010, 13:01:24 by Gezoes »

Offline Alberto22

• proud to be italian
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 16-01-2010, 15:01:26 »
this happend since the 2.5, i don't think it's related to our audio setting, i never change anything and in 2.2 was perfect, now sucks :( ... hope they release a fix soon

Offline cannonfodder

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 17-01-2010, 03:01:06 »
I get this bug too.

I've also noticed that when firing the gun on the Marmon, the shells sound like they're exploding right next to you, even when you're shooting at stuff at the limit of your vision.

Offline ajappat

• "Cheater"
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 18-01-2010, 11:01:44 »
Can someone explain why I heard old fashion modem connection sound on mount olympos  ;D. I sounded very distand, and i had to turn volume higher to hear what it actually was and I really didn't believe what I heard. There I just were standing in middle of field listening that sound I heard 10 years ago last time. Then I got killed and when I respawned that sound stopped also. It was really really really weird experience.

I mean this stuff http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsNaR6FRuO0

Edit: on topic, I also hear nades near me.

Offline Natty

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 19-01-2010, 08:01:42 »
all these is a combination of stuff. some soundcards, some 5.1 systems, some play b2 with software rendering, some hardware (its an audio setting). All is dependant on compability with EAX.

I suggest turn on, off EAX, try medium/high sound, try software/harware rendering.

but that's just to make you able to play now. ofcourse we must fix all this, and me and Kev4000 are dedicated to fix all these issues for next patch.

Offline General Tso

• Head Chump
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 19-01-2010, 15:01:37 »
Last night on Wolfgaming's server, a bunch of us heard a Muslim call to prayer while Lebisey loaded.  We had just finished Siege of Giarabub, FWIW.  It was mildly amusing, if not a little creepy.

Offline Die Happy

• Live Long & Die Happy
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 20-01-2010, 11:01:53 »
Last night on Wolfgaming's server, a bunch of us heard a Muslim call to prayer while Lebisey loaded.  We had just finished Siege of Giarabub, FWIW.  It was mildly amusing, if not a little creepy.

yeah that happens from time to time
somehow that  (imam?) sound gets transfered to the next map when it was playing at the end of round in the map before.
Live Long & Die Happy

Offline Zoologic

• Masterspammer
  • In FH Since 0.67
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 20-01-2010, 14:01:36 »
That Sholat prayer bug has been existing since Giarabub is added into FH2. Only players that hears the prayer when playing in Giarabub get the sound effect transferred into the next map. If they don't, (let's say, they were fighting outside the town), they won't. So stay away from the mosque minaret near the end of the game if you don't want it to be heard in the next map.

So it is a long time recurring bug that the devs saw no priority to fix. It kills the immersion though, especially when you hear them in Normandy.

Offline 9.Pz-Div. Günther

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 24-01-2010, 06:01:23 »
Guys, what worked for me was creating a NEW profile from scratch since I had to after mine got deleted with a FH2 crash (blasphemy!) And that fixed it for me.. alternatively, a reinstall might help, but it's got to be either one as the problem got fixed for me.

Offline Gezoes

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 25-01-2010, 16:01:43 »
Keep posting experiences lads.

I went straight for switching off EAX and saved my profile. I didn't bother to switch EAX back on and went ingame. All seems to be back to normal...