Author Topic: FH 2.46 First Impressions  (Read 5921 times)

Offline Musti

• View Profile
Re: FH 2.46 First Impressions
« Reply #15 on: 12-04-2014, 14:04:11 »
THE NUCLEAR BOMB IS READY HE HE HEH! Feel the power of the AVRE! Best addition to the mod ever.
So far I managed to:
-Blow up the wall
-Charge a Marder(full Churchill speed) through an open field and lob the 280mm at it from short range
-Blow up everyone who tried to scratch it with Panzerfausts
-Blow up everything else.
TBH I hoped for a proper nuclear blast with the thing, but it's awesome anyway. I need Theta, THETA where the hell are you?! I need a driver goddamn it!
WARNING!
Assholes are closer than they appear!

Offline Roughbeak

• Science of Hooting, PhD
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 12-04-2014, 14:04:41 »
I played a few times yesterday (Friday), first impressions was great. Omaha's bunkers + trench system felt wide and well built. On Omaha again, the first time the Americans land, there is nothing like it, I simply cannot put in into words. Excellent job in mapping!
*Question where are those Sherman tanks we usually see loading off the landing crafts? It might help the Americans to overcome the current beach now.

Gold Beach, I played this first, like Omaha, it is very difficult for the Allies. The map itself is very fun indeed, many passages you can move around. Great work.

The G41w, all I can say is I found a new friend, the reloading by Chad509 is amazing. However, there is one small visual error in the reload when the soldier pushes down the first clip onto the next. Not bad accuracy and range for this gun. I like it!

MP34, very good animations and handling. First times I used it, it is weak in power, like the Grease Gun. Accuracy is okay.

Springfields are top notch animations, thank you! Perhaps you could add the same to the K98.

I noticed we got a new run animation for the Thompson M1928A1, love it too.

The new Stielgranate 41 is amazing feels like turkey shot, like someone said.

Some screens..

Again, THANK YOU DEVS AND TESTERS!
« Last Edit: 12-04-2014, 15:04:21 by Roughbeak »

Offline Oberst

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 12-04-2014, 14:04:59 »
When do people ever learn resizing?

Offline Hjaldrgud

• BF2 Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 12-04-2014, 15:04:55 »
[img width=700]

:)

"Generous and brave men live the best" -Hávamál

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 12-04-2014, 15:04:43 »
I'm happy to see so many positive posts in here (it's a long time since we had any positive feedback on this forum ;) ). After the ammount of work whole team put in this patch, it's probably the best reward to see community enjoying the latest build. Many probably haven't realized yet, that actually the best part of 2.46 is the launcher which will automatically update your builds with small patches team will be able now to release easily, that means we will finaly be able to fix any bugs without a long wait for another big patch  :)

Offline Harmonikater

• FH-Betatester
  • Resident Crazy Composer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 12-04-2014, 16:04:21 »
For me best improvement is the cockpit instruments in planes.
Variometer, Airspeed Indicator, Altimeter, Artifical Horizon & Throttle Indicator
I know it's just a gimmick, but in some case it can be really useful, plus it really adds to the flying experience :D

Oh and btw the Artifical Horizon doesn't work with inverted flight, don't know whether engine limitation or bug, just letting you guys know:
I do bad things to the BF2 engine.

Offline Leopardi

• [11PzG] member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 12-04-2014, 16:04:05 »
[img width=700]

:)
[img width=771] is the max  :P

Offline justasug

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 12-04-2014, 17:04:26 »
- You changed something with the attack and defend markers, they seem to appear on the screen as symbols now more often, or even when you are looking to a slightly different direction

The new markers are immersion killers because they're always visible. Not only that, but it also makes the game look like Modern Warfare #43 with the information overload on the screen. Practically it's useless, since you can already check your SL's marked objective on the minimap and the map itself, so it's super redundant.

Offline LuckyOne

• Purple Heart Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 12-04-2014, 17:04:17 »
^ They might be immersion breaking, but they also help to keep the teamwork focused, and that's not necessarily a bad thing... You can always turn off the 3D map if you're bothered (and step on random smines, but I guess knowing there are friendly smines around by a magic floating marker is also immersion breaking)
This sentence is intentionally left unfinished...

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 12-04-2014, 17:04:18 »
The new markers are immersion killers because they're always visible. Not only that, but it also makes the game look like Modern Warfare #43 with the information overload on the screen. Practically it's useless, since you can already check your SL's marked objective on the minimap and the map itself, so it's super redundant.

No they're not. Since the new commorose is there to make is possible to give more precise orders, you can order your squad to attack/destroy/mine/repair specific objects now and without 3D map icons it's not possible. I like to give precise attack orders in urban areas, I just use t-command rose, aim the target and sword icon appears on my order (or the arrow icon on the exact place I want my squad to advance). If you think it's super redundant you can always swith your 3D map off, just like LuckyOne suggests, for me they are super practical.

Offline justasug

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 12-04-2014, 17:04:25 »
^ They might be immersion breaking, but they also help to keep the teamwork focused, and that's not necessarily a bad thing...

I don't see how a flashing icon in my FOV is improving teamwork, but whatever floats your boat.

No they're not. Since the new commorose is there to make is possible to give more precise orders, you can order your squad to attack/destroy/mine/repair specific objects now and without 3D map icons it's not possible. I like to give precise attack orders in urban areas, I just use t-command rose, aim the target and sword icon appears on my order (or the arrow icon on the exact place I want my squad to advance).

That was also possible before the change to the new look.

You can always turn off the 3D map if you're bothered (and step on random smines, but I guess knowing there are friendly smines around by a magic floating marker is also immersion breaking)
If you think it's super redundant you can always swith your 3D map off, just like LuckyOne suggests, for me they are super practical.
They cannot be turned off now with the ALT key. Even if they could, turning it off or using the immersive HUD option only gives you a disadvantage over the other players who have it on.

Offline McCloskey

• Developer
  • Heart or head, either way Jerry's dead!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 12-04-2014, 17:04:39 »
They can be turned off, you just need to remap the key for the 3D map.

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 12-04-2014, 18:04:24 »
That was also possible before the change to the new look.
Yes, I know it was, but it is much more easier now. Old T-rose was very bulky.

They cannot be turned off now with the ALT key. Even if they could, turning it off or using the immersive HUD option only gives you a disadvantage over the other players who have it on.
They can be turned off, but not with the left ALT key indeed (it was changed to avoid people switching their 3D map off by mistake) If you have clean install, you need to remap the key for that in controls menu. It's easy as that! It has nothing to do with the immersive HUD ;)

Offline SamusMaximus8492

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 12-04-2014, 18:04:35 »
Haven't had a chance to play the new maps yet, but that just gives me something to looks forward to!
Loving the additions to the airplane hud, as well as the updated tanking.

Only thing I noticed about that was that on Gazala I took three hits without noticing because there seemed to be no audible effects of the shots striking, and I only saw the damage when I checked my health. Armor hits were very noticeable in 2.45. Did that change, or perhaps the sounds of battle were just to loud for me to notice?

Also it seems like there's more smoke discharged from the tank's gun after firing now. Maybe I just never noticed it before, but either way it looks very nice!

Offline LuckyOne

• Purple Heart Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 12-04-2014, 18:04:30 »
Wait, jan, are you saying they actually stick to objects now? If it's true that's awesome! (and it's what I suggested a long long long time ago)
This sentence is intentionally left unfinished...