Author Topic: Pure dogfighting maps  (Read 774 times)

Offline MonesWar

• View Profile
Pure dogfighting maps
« on: 11-11-2018, 16:11:52 »
Well, it's just that, is there a pure dogfighting map for singleplayer, something like battle of britain in battlefield 1942.

Offline tempest

• View Profile
Re: Pure dogfighting maps
« Reply #1 on: 11-11-2018, 19:11:58 »
No.  I wish there was!  Alam Halfa isn't bad, as long as you ignore what's happening below you.  You likely won't get shot down by AA or ground troops, and you'll get to duke it out with a few enemy planes on a fairly big, flat map.  If I want to do air battles, it's usually the map I choose.

Offline MonesWar

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 11-11-2018, 20:11:52 »
No.  I wish there was!  Alam Halfa isn't bad, as long as you ignore what's happening below you.  You likely won't get shot down by AA or ground troops, and you'll get to duke it out with a few enemy planes on a fairly big, flat map.  If I want to do air battles, it's usually the map I choose.
It's a singleplayer map?

Offline tempest

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 15-11-2018, 16:11:56 »
Yep.  You know that you don't play the mod under singleplayer, right?  You play using "coop", and adjust the settings from there.  If you choose singleplayer, barely any of the maps will be present.

If you are playing on singleplayer, Alam Halfa should be there.  It's kind of like Tobruk in 1942, with British lines of defense defending against Germans.  Both sides have an airbase.

Offline nickm

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 18-11-2018, 17:11:55 »

RE: Air to Air 'stuff', is there any way I can set it so I can use my joystick instead of a mouse/keyboard to fly an aircraft?