Author Topic: Disable most recent spot first  (Read 518 times)

Offline CHRISTIEFRONTDRIVE

• View Profile
Disable most recent spot first
« on: 06-12-2012, 06:12:36 »
Dunno if this would be possible to code, but if it is, I absolutely hope it is changed.

Currently, when doing artillery, the latest spot is what you see the first. Presumably because this will last the longest. However, is it possible to change this so that it stops switching to the most recent spot? It's a huge pain in the ass to keep trying to have to navigate the laggy commo rose to try and get back to the spot you wanted.

A few days ago I was in the 25-pounder on Mareth line. I had a spotter near the Mareth flag, who was doing an excellent job. He gave me a spot of the Tiger, with 2 Panzer IIIs next to it. But I couldn't do anything: three other guys were spotting the PaK on the hill. Every time I zeroed the dials and got a shot off at the tanks, before another round had loaded I had to cycle threw three slightly-different spots and re-zero the dials just to try and hit the tanks again. Artillery is difficult enough as it is.

Presumably, if this could be changed it already would have, but it can't hurt to make this suggestion. Alternatively, is there any way to code the ability to cancel a spot, to get rid of the glitched ones? Thoughts?
Quote from: TASSER1
you suck. noone likes you. and your mother isn't pretty

Quote from: Eightball1182
Andrew.Drunk.Drive...I love u man. You get it...u get it 100%. Stay cool Canada brother.

Offline LuckyOne

• Purple Heart Collector
    • View Profile
Re: Disable most recent spot first
« Reply #1 on: 06-12-2012, 10:12:40 »
If you zero in the dials before you get interrupted with another spot you can just fire away, they will still point at the right position... But I see what you mean... It gets annoying sometimes...
This sentence is intentionally left unfinished...

Offline »KeFeng

• Fluffy 762-Main Tank. Sleeps with his MG42.
    • View Profile
    • »KeFeng Gaming @ YouTube
« Reply #2 on: 06-12-2012, 11:12:39 »
Also it would be great to see the Spotter's Name.
Pround Part of Squad Wurstkeks, grimly Dive Bomber and coin operated MG Gunner

Offline [QPS]_Sex_Bomb

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 06-12-2012, 18:12:00 »
I don't think new targets are queued in front of old one.  I guess the problem you experienced is because your "excellent" spotter was constantly resending a new target on the exact same position, probably thinking as you do, that doing so will put his target on top of others.

Offline Turkish007

• Masterspammer
  • Mini-mod necromancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 06-12-2012, 18:12:09 »
YEp, that annoys me too. Especially when the other spot is useless. I'd also like to suggest that binocs could also be used to spot for commander arty.