Author Topic: How have you guys not made your own game yet?  (Read 1301 times)

Offline yico

• View Profile
How have you guys not made your own game yet?
« on: 31-05-2020, 02:05:41 »
Longtime player from FH1. Just returned after almost 10 years. I honestly thought forgotten hope was dead. Glad to see it's not.

Back to the matter at hand. How have you guys not made your own game yet? FH2 is fucking beautiful. It's one of the best ww2 games I've ever played. Has any studio or developer approached you guys to develop a game? Would you be willing to?

I own Squad, Post Scriptum and Hell Let Loose and honestly. I'm bpred of them and sick of the hardcore milsim genre as whole. Everybody wants to be as successful as arma3 and as beloved project reality. But milsims just aint fun. I need something faster, more immediate, 'casual' but not casualized. FH2 fits that mold perfectly. Please consider going pro. Make a kickstarter already and begin development on Forgotten Hope: The Game

Offline tempest

• View Profile
Re: How have you guys not made your own game yet?
« Reply #1 on: 31-05-2020, 04:05:01 »
They've definitely addressed this a lot (generally saying that they're not going to, IIRC), but seeing that EA actually is making some of those old Command and Conquer games open-source gave me fantasies of FH2 on an open-source engine :D

Offline Seth_Soldier

• Developer
  • "Mort aux cons !"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 01-06-2020, 20:06:44 »
Thx for the offer, but you must understand that FH2 is a hobby  ;)
We are not working on it full time and we do what we like to do without commercial contraints.

This kind of freedom is rare in the game industry.

About moving to a new engine, that would require a huge amount of work and money doesn't solve every problems.

As long as we have a nice community and players, FH2 will continue to live. So spread the word ! Join FH2 !

Offline CptdeS35

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 01-06-2020, 21:06:04 »
Even if working full time on FH2 is a nice dream, as soon as it would be reality the dream will turn into a nightmare.
FH2 Dev (wait seriously ?)

Offline DocHawkeye

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 25-08-2020, 15:08:03 »
lol The reason you're sick of the world war 2 multiplayer shooters is cuz they're all the same game pal. You and I disliked Post Scriptum because we already played it in 2007 and 2005 when it was better and called "Forgotten Hope". The current steam games actually offer less than Forgotten Hope 2, a 2007 mod for a 2005 shooter, because the guys making them are not actually invested in making new games, they're invested in making Battlefield 1942 mods that a minority of people still play because of nostalgia and nothing else.

Not sure if you can tell but it's a dead genre. Between FH2, Post Scriptum, and Hell Let Loose you couldn't get a single full server most times of day except maybe near a 1 hour peak at the end of the day in European time zones. Single-player or cooperative components could be the solution, but no one wants to consider that.

At least FH2 is free and the devs have stated that they're volunteers, it even has bots. I actively consider PS and HLL to be scams.