Author Topic: RiP ArminAce  (Read 3210 times)

Offline AfterDune

• PR Developer
    • View Profile
Re: RiP ArminAce
« Reply #15 on: 28-08-2021, 12:08:43 »
I didn't know ArminAce and I must admit I've never played FH1, but my condolences! From what I read here, I don't think FH2 would've been where it is today without the efforts you put in FH1.

And Chad too? Makes me so sad :(. I loved his animation work.

What a loss - and in such a short time :(

Offline Johannes

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 31-08-2021, 09:08:21 »
Been a long time since I've posted here, but I too got the email and wanted to say rest in peace to ArminAce. The original Forgotten Hope was a big part of my younger years and I especially loved playing on Counterattack. Thanks for the good times ArminAce!
« Last Edit: 31-08-2021, 09:08:21 by Johannes »

Offline Jason

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 31-08-2021, 20:08:31 »
Sad news, RIP ArminAce.

Forgotten Hope 1&2 were (still occasionally are) a huge part of my gaming life, especially playing Co-Op with my partner. So many great memories, thank you sir!

Offline Remdul

• Reverse Engineer
  • Administrator
  • Pie!
    • View Profile
    • ByteHazard
« Reply #18 on: 03-09-2021, 16:09:27 »
I didn't know Armin well in the old days (we must have exchanged a few shots in FH1 no doubt), but he was still super enthusiastic a two years ago when we last spoke about his tabletop game. I now regret not having the time and space then, to do more artwork for it.

He's in good company now, with our other mod god up there, Radman, and the others we've lost along the way...

Offline Lude

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 12-11-2021, 02:11:07 »
Hi guys, long time no see.

What sad news... I've been away from FH for quite a while now, but few days ago stumbled upon the "In Memoriam" trailer and it was a bit of a shock. Pity I missed the event.

It's so weird seeing people go, especially a guy like ArminAce which I worked with back in 2002 when this all started. And thinking he was born on the same year as me... He was so young.

I remember how ArminAce was a big step up for FH, with his mapping skills making us go from converting BF42 maps to do our complete new ones and he did soooo many good ones. It's the same like when Rad joined and his insane modelling and skinning skills just placed us on another level and made the whole team grow and learn.

RIP to all that are no longer here. My condolences to family and friends.

Also, nice to see you guys are still going and developing the mod. :)

Offline Matthew_Baker

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 12-11-2021, 04:11:52 »
Hi Lude! nice to see you! we are still developing. we've mostly moved to discord. come join us if you want. hopefully more to come :)