Author Topic: Can I play online with modded animations and models?  (Read 499 times)

Offline DarthTemoc

• View Profile
Hi guys, I'm noob abouts this things, but I wanted to ask if  can I play FH2 online with new weapon models or animations?.

For example I wanted to mod the death cam. made it in first person to make my game more immersive. Also I wanted to change some hand animations.

Is it possible to play online with that? Will the game chash? or I get auto-kicked or banned for that?

(sry for the english)
« Last Edit: 04-01-2019, 09:01:28 by DarthTemoc »

Offline AfterDune

• PR Developer
    • View Profile
Re: Can I play online with modded animations and models?
« Reply #1 on: 04-01-2019, 09:01:07 »
As long as you only have client side changes, it should be fine. So talking about texture changes mostly.
I suppose you could use a different weapon model (as long as you only change the bundledmesh, not the collisionmesh), but the animations most likely won't fit, so you'll end up with really weird results.

Animations, weapon tweaks (ammo changes, reload speeds and the likes), vehicle tweaks, etc. are all server side. You won't be able to join a server if you have those kind of changes.

If you want to do any modding, I'd stick with changing textures only.

Offline McCloskey

• Developer
  • Heart or head, either way Jerry's dead!
    • View Profile
Re: Can I play online with modded animations and models?
« Reply #2 on: 04-01-2019, 21:01:39 »
can I play FH2 online with new weapon models or animations?

It is possible, yes. Messing with coding (weapons, vehicles..) will crash your game on mapload. Texture/bundledmesh/sound/animation changes will work fine.