Author Topic: FHSW Naval Event!  (Read 1291 times)

Offline Easy Eight

• View Profile
FHSW Naval Event!
« on: 13-12-2011, 11:12:46 »

http://fhsw-europ.ucoz.de/

Here you'll find everything you need to participate:
http://www.moddb.com/members/eyeris/tutorials/installation-guide-for-fhsw

Everyone is welcomed, especially beginner. Just jump in and have fun!
You won't be able to play these maps usually, because they don't work in singleplayer + you need a lot of players to have fun on them.

The following maps will be played, I'll give a little overview of each map:
1941:
Rheinuebung: Expect a fierce battle for the flags between Bismarck/Prinz Eugen and Prince of Wales/Hood.
Battle of Off Malay: This map recreates the Japanese attack on the Prince of Wales. Will they be able to defend the ship this time?

1942:
Arctic Convoy: The Germans must sink the enemy ships before the time runs out. They attack the British convoy with submarines and bombers under favor of night. The British have to look out for dangerous icebergs as well (no joke!). ;D
Battle of Midway: This is a more realistic remake of the classic Midway.

1943:
Battle of Bougainville: Both sides have an island with a small airfield and some ships. The objective is to destroy the others airfield.

1944:
Operation Hailstone: A massive attack on the Japanese naval and air base at Truk.
Operation A: 3 carriers + 1 heavy cruiser vs 3 carriers + 1 heavy cruiser. :P
Battle of Leyte Gulf: A full scale sea battle with lots of ships at night. Because you can't see much you heavily rely on your reconnaissance planes.

1945:
Operation Kikusui day1: The best Yamato ever created in a video game (around 40 usable positions) trys to withstand the combined force of 3 carriers and 2 heavy cruisers.
Operation Kikusui day2: Kamikaze attacks on an American naval formation as a last desperate attempt by the Japanese.
Air Raid Alert Kure: Defend Japan and its ships vs an endless stream of B-29s.
« Last Edit: 14-12-2011, 12:12:35 by Easy Eight »

Offline ww2fighter20

• View Profile
Re: FHSW Naval Event!
« Reply #1 on: 13-12-2011, 11:12:46 »
Nice I always liked the navy and air battles of FHSW, I am looking forward to it

Offline sheikyerbouti

• Yay, Rep feature is dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 14-12-2011, 00:12:57 »
 Some of the above maps are hella fun but to any new players, don't be surprised if they end very quickly. On that list, the 1945 maps will be the most fun IMO, since they will have the largest number of plane types and cool stuff to play with.

My Quebec includes Canada

Offline Easy Eight

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 17-12-2011, 10:12:43 »
I don't think that we'll come even close to 64 players so short playing time shouldn't be an issue. ;)

Offline Torenico

• Masterspammer
  • ¡Viva la Revolución!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 18-12-2011, 07:12:21 »
Kikusui Day 2 is the greatest map i seen in FH, unfortunely, i wont be there.

Offline Easy Eight

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 19-12-2011, 18:12:47 »
Thanks to everyone who participated! I know that at least two from here were present. :)

I recorded my point of view if you wanna see how it went: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PT7-Xqy7zmc

« Last Edit: 20-12-2011, 11:12:40 by Easy Eight »