Author Topic: Ramelle 64  (Read 18466 times)

Offline Barryman

• View Profile
Re: Ramelle 64
« Reply #60 on: 08-10-2010, 13:10:29 »
The map is awesome! ;D It is very well made and has a lot of detail. I really like the 30 Cal in the tower or the 30 Cal to set up and then use the "Look on top of your gun" view, then when the germans coming in from the main street and are in your sight you start open fire at them and its like your in SPR!

Some nice additions:

- AI using the right flank aswell, right now the main road is only used by the Germans.
- Add a static 30 Caliber MG in the wallhole like in SPR, so when they are coming from the right (if the use the right flank, like I mentoined) you can hold them up like in SPR.
- Let the AI make use of the 22mm Flak gun, it seems they dont use it at all.

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 08-10-2010, 20:10:52 »
so germans get 2 whoring tigers and marders but allies cannot get a simple ammo box? pff
Hey, the fact that I now visually approved of one of your suggestions doesn't mean you can go down "that" road again, geez.  ::)

If the ammobox is too close, the whole idea behind your suggestion will become obsolete because the guy with the ammokit will just run for 10 seconds and replenish his ammoboxes in the kit, providing overpoweredness to the mortar.

Offline RN_Max

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 09-10-2010, 07:10:48 »
Similar to my comments on Brest 64 St Lo provides intense urban combat, another variety on the FH2 spice rack.  Not quite as DoD: Source styled as Brest, but with a similar team deathmatch feel.

As with Brest, I'm not entirely sure about this type of map in FH2 other than as an occasional variety piece, as its not really what I play the mod for.

However this map can also suffer an epic fail, more often for the defenders, which is just the flip side risk taken when making this corridor map style combined with tough attacking armour assets.

When it does work though, the result is a bloody urban brawl with an edge of desperation in defence.

Offline Mazz

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 19-10-2010, 05:10:39 »
Played this map 3 times now, and figured out where the 2nd Tiger spawns. Results of the game thus far:

63-0, with 4 flag caps
77-1
66-3 with 31 team points

Having the 2nd Tiger despawn is fine, but with 2 at start and even remotely competent people in them, they never have to truly advance to completely roll the map. I'd say downgrade 1 to a PIVH. Or, on a different note, remove Axis wrenches.

It is too easy to position them with excellent fields of fire, especially if both split the workload and move with infantry.
Michael Wittmann's gunner, Bobby Woll, was known to be an excellent Marksman.
He could hit targets at range even on the move.

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 19-10-2010, 18:10:53 »
"But there were no pz4's in the movie scene BLA BLA BLAAAA!"

Offline MaJ.P.Bouras

• Masterspammer
  • A Hellenic version of Jackie Chan.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 19-10-2010, 20:10:06 »
"But there were no pz4's in the movie scene BLA BLA BLAAAA!"

Why was there an actual tiger ??

Offline sheikyerbouti

• Yay, Rep feature is dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 21-10-2010, 01:10:45 »
 On the Allied side of the bridge, I would like to see better locations for entrenching for providing support fire. IMO, the easiest fix would be to add several oblique lines of fire that provide an element of protection to the Americans and keep the Germans from the quick flag rush that they generally conduct once the bridge flag falls.

Additionally, please remove the tank obstacles from the bridge as they don't even impede the tanks at all.
 and, consider adding an ammo kit so the mortar can be replensihed, otherwise get rid of the mortar altogether.
My Quebec includes Canada

Offline Smiles

• FH-Betatester
  • Boooo Auto-Spot! Booo
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 22-10-2010, 17:10:32 »
Better spawnplaces, whats the points of having the bridge if you spawn on the otherside.
The 1e flg always gets overrun in 30 seconds. Whats the use of defending if everyone spawns way back?
Last 3 flags are hell, you spawn way back, get raped by tiger and youll have a nice walk again.
I'm taking my own freedom
puttin' it in my song
singing loud and strong
proving all day long
I'm takin' my freedom
puttin' it in my stroll
I'll be hop-steppin' y'all
lettin' the joy unfold

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 22-10-2010, 17:10:37 »
If everyone spawned right at the flag you would get raped even more...

Offline Kelmola

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 22-10-2010, 21:10:15 »
Why was there an actual tiger ??
Because the devs do not want to reveal their T-34 (aka the "something nobody wants to know" from the 2.3 changelog) yet, not even a plywood-masked version?
« Last Edit: 22-10-2010, 21:10:30 by Kelmola »

Offline Mobilis_in_Mobili

• VC Firefly & Achilles Crew Apply Here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 22-10-2010, 22:10:22 »
The map is good (detail excellent)- and tough for the allies.  And something to keep in mind is that there is strategy in retreat.  It's not over until the last base is taken - damn the tickets!

The map has TWO tigers; which typically attracts skilled squads.  Skilled squads, firepower, and armor: these are the Axis advantages.

However, the map for me is really about strategy; and Allies can still win even if your players are fresh and not as well skilled (crack shots).   Even though I prefer playing for allies in all cases/conditions; I see the allies winning every time if the tools given are used correctly (win = not having the last base taken).
Breakfast of Champions: Tigers, Panthers, Pumas, Stugs, & Panzerfausts-on-Legs.

Offline Mobilis_in_Mobili

• VC Firefly & Achilles Crew Apply Here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 22-10-2010, 22:10:22 »
One more thing - I'm confused after reading this.  Are there AT Mines available on the map, or are there not?  If so, can you tell me the vicinity.   ;)
Breakfast of Champions: Tigers, Panthers, Pumas, Stugs, & Panzerfausts-on-Legs.

Offline Capten_C

• Well well well well well well well
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
« Reply #72 on: 23-10-2010, 01:10:26 »
I'd love it if we'd have them SPR sticky bomb type thingys as a pick up on the map..it's got to be done surely?
LEGENDARY FORGOTTEN HOPE 2 ROUNDS!!! >> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xtJF9fL1YI

Offline Zoologic

• Masterspammer
  • In FH Since 0.67
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 23-10-2010, 14:10:57 »
In the movie I saw Marder II, i like that, would throw the molotov there. And also Sticky bombs, detonators, more serious allied air power when near defeat.

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 24-10-2010, 02:10:45 »
My issue with this map is:
1/ It needs only one single flank area... Axis handicap, yes
2/ More pickup kits, less cool spawnable kits for allies... like... erm, zooks?!... Allies rebalanced

Also, each kit should come with reduced ammo. These people had little ammo and were in danger of running out. Their main supplies were limited ammo that were along their fall back positions and that contained finite amount of ammo (actually, highly limited amounts), there WAS at least one ammo-guy and therefore there could/ should be a pickup kit for this imo.

A limited kit used was the improvised sticky bombs. I really think it wouldn't take too much to implement these ingame.

Zooks should NOT be spawn kits, but pickup kits along the area. Sticky bombs are what the allies need to use by default, as well as a single, or at most 2 xpacks like from FH1, drop, lie in wait, use plunger

For the right-flank, there needs to be some section blocked off to make it only one right flank that is covered by the limited ammo mg position (hole in the wall) in that 2-storey building.

This map is about tactics. Hold off the enemy advance by making them bleed troops i.e attrition. The ammo box guys are key to keeping each position going since they have limited ammo.

If the team must fall back (Flag is lost), they can fall back to positions with ammo boxes that resupply them or spawn with their limited ammo, which comes to the same thing

Only when the Germans get across the  bridge, does gameplay change to the theoretical.

Until then, consider SPR as a historic event and emulate it properly..

that's my thinking