Author Topic: Ammo in FH2!  (Read 24000 times)

Offline Kelmola

• View Profile
Re: Ammo in FH2!
« Reply #30 on: 29-05-2009, 15:05:14 »
I wouldn't mind seeing an amunition spawn-kit for infantry though, instead of static defences and vehicles.. A kit with lots of small-arms ammo, that he can throw to soldiers in need ( Machine Gunners in position, Snipers, Infantry in Foxholes).. Basicly copy paste the Medic kit, but instead of bandaids, give him ammo packs..
This is a good idea. This would perhaps increase realism regarding MG/AT teams, with one guy carrying the heavy weapon and the other carrying extra ammo for it. (Of course, this would require actual teamwork, so it would be practically unused...)

Offline DLFReporter

• FH-Betatester
  • Betatesting FH2 makes me edgy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 29-05-2009, 15:05:14 »
[This is a good idea. This would perhaps increase realism regarding MG/AT teams, with one guy carrying the heavy weapon and the other carrying extra ammo for it. (Of course, this would require actual teamwork, so it would be practically unused...)

Come on, there are enough teamplayers out there. Don't always go from yourself to others....
Gravity is a habit that is hard to shake off

Offline General_Henry

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 31-05-2009, 03:05:32 »

Im not sure about the autorepair stuff. i Personal like the Respawn from paks and guns overall in fh42. as long as its broken you can care for other things. in fh2 you have to repair the gun. but as allways good and bad things on everything.

it would be a bad idea to return to the days where stuffs automatically pop up... but my suggestion would be to reduce the annoyance of repair by some means, i hate clicking on my LMB and "aim" my wrench at the damn AT gun.

Offline DLFReporter

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 31-05-2009, 07:05:38 »
it would be a bad idea to return to the days where stuffs automatically pop up... but my suggestion would be to reduce the annoyance of repair by some means, i hate clicking on my LMB and "aim" my wrench at the damn AT gun.

How else would you repair a gun?

Offline General_Henry

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 31-05-2009, 08:05:25 »

How else would you repair a gun?

maybe drop a "repair pack" like a "bandage" and wait... or make it one-click and wait for a while.

Offline DLFReporter

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 31-05-2009, 09:05:04 »
maybe drop a "repair pack" like a "bandage" and wait... or make it one-click and wait for a while.

Lazy bum. :D
YOU have to repair the gun, not some magical box or a one turn of the wrench fixes it all. ^^
Where would the fun and anxiety be? Nothing beats furiously pummeling your Mouse-button for that blasted 2Pdr to be repaired while enemy tanks are rolling ever closer. ^^

Offline Ekalbs

• Bored
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 24-06-2009, 06:06:55 »
Supply boxes as they are currently are not that great as stated. But i do like the one idea where on crete(and other maps)  you may drop a pr style box, which has ammo and the ability to select a different kit. If i recall that did happen and to comment on what admiral donutz said he is completely right.  that would be great but then that may generate lag? and if we wanted to incorporate this deeper we could have planes and supply trucks "deploy" limit small arms fire ammo which either give out a preset number of rounds or have a time on it which ever is do able. this would allow the supplier to move more freely. as far as tanks they should have to stay near them if that should be incorporated however i think for tanks they need to return to base for ammo. because if you run out of ammo ur a good tanker :P.

Summary Points:
1.Remove commander asset
2. Deploy able Small arms crates by supply trucks and possible scout planes?
3. Airborne maps a "weapon crate"
4.Tanks should return to base for ammo.
5. thats my 2 cents!
Warhammer 40,000: Unverse At War Dev Team
Battlefield 1918 Coder

Offline Cory the Otter

• Smoke me a kipper, I'll be home for breakfast.
    • View Profile
    • FA Profile
« Reply #37 on: 24-06-2009, 06:06:19 »
i want the metal cylinder supply drops...and I wanna see those 'Rupert' dummies.

Offline Ltn.Charles

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 24-06-2009, 13:06:29 »
Hehe, "Gentlemen, this is Rupert..."

But i like the idea of an ammo spawn kit, could carry a lighter rifle such as the M1(A1) Carbine, ammo boxes, (no grenades coz that would be haxx) and possibly a wrench (could maybe even replace engineers?)
Now this is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning - Winston Chuchill after the British victory at El Alamein in 1942

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 24-06-2009, 17:06:30 »
as far as tanks they should have to stay near them if that should be incorporated however i think for tanks they need to return to base for ammo. because if you run out of ammo ur a good tanker :P.

I'm not such a good tanker, and I waste my PzGr40 very quickly. Returning to base afterwards is not appealing. In other words: your assumption only goes for the common AP rounds. They will almost never run out, the other types of ammo do so regularly.

Offline Ekalbs

• Bored
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 24-06-2009, 19:06:52 »
as far as tanks they should have to stay near them if that should be incorporated however i think for tanks they need to return to base for ammo. because if you run out of ammo ur a good tanker :P.

I'm not such a good tanker, and I waste my PzGr40 very quickly. Returning to base afterwards is not appealing. In other words: your assumption only goes for the common AP rounds. They will almost never run out, the other types of ammo do so regularly.

This is true. Then perhaps there should be a different supply truck or system for tanks and emplacements other than mgs. a small arms which handles small arm and another that handles larger caliber arms(tanks and such).

Then again i save those  PzGr40 until i find a tank thats a heavier class than me. As far as HE i run out way too much so i agree with you partly :P
Warhammer 40,000: Unverse At War Dev Team
Battlefield 1918 Coder

Offline Vomar

• Liebe ist führ alle da.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 05-07-2009, 02:07:59 »
I think the supply drop thingy should be delayed with more time to do again instaed of getting rid of it entireley.
Fallschrimjagers

Offline Aggroman

• FH-Betatester
  • This place needs more love -> ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 08-07-2009, 01:07:54 »
I have a new idea about the supply trucks.
You could remove the supply drop, but the truck should be able to drop crates. If you press "X" for example the trucks drops out a crate from behind. I think more people will use it in a better way then, but the truck shouldn't have more than two crates, and if you want to rearm you could drive back to the mainbase where some boxes with ammo are around. At these boxes every vehicle or guys can rearm his weapons.

Offline [F|H]Deek_101

• FH-Betatester
  • F|H Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Forgotten Honor Tournament
« Reply #43 on: 08-07-2009, 03:07:34 »
Like in project reality but without the repair option?

Offline Nerdsturm

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 08-07-2009, 03:07:17 »
I have a new idea about the supply trucks.
You could remove the supply drop, but the truck should be able to drop crates. If you press "X" for example the trucks drops out a crate from behind. I think more people will use it in a better way then, but the truck shouldn't have more than two crates, and if you want to rearm you could drive back to the mainbase where some boxes with ammo are around. At these boxes every vehicle or guys can rearm his weapons.

That did always work quite well in FH 0.7, but the infantry ammo kit plays essentially the exact same role in FH2 and in my opinion works better as it doesn't require the same tricky maneuvering to drop crates near static guns.