Author Topic: The Minor Suggestions Thread  (Read 65178 times)

Offline Chad1992

• Back in the Swing of Things
    • View Profile
Re: The Minor Suggestions Thread
« Reply #585 on: 08-05-2018, 01:05:11 »

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: 08-05-2018, 11:05:43 »
You know, just some "minor suggestions" right there.

Offline Chad1992

• Back in the Swing of Things
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: 09-05-2018, 12:05:01 »
You know, just some "minor suggestions" right there.
Yea I didn't want to make a new thread for them, and I wouldn't expect every version of the cv35, I just found some othe modifications interesting.

Offline LuckyOne

• Purple Heart Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: 02-06-2018, 23:06:35 »
There's a trend I've noticed of newly released tanks not featuring a "commander" position. I think this is a mistake.

Please devs, (re)consider the benefits of having a commander seat in the cupola:

- it provides possibly a higher vantage point on flat maps
- it provides the ability to spot more freely while still having some protection compared to passenger positions
- it provides the ability to repair the tank while being less exposed (I have a hunch this is why it's getting phased out)

I think the tank destroyers have the most to gain from this feature. Right now the passenger seats that don't allow you to shoot are very rarely utilized, by making a better protected position that can also be used to fend off tank hunters they could be utilized much more.

Please, devs, make a poor old tanker happy again  :'(

This sentence is intentionally left unfinished...

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: 03-06-2018, 00:06:32 »
There's a trend I've noticed of newly released tanks not featuring a "commander" position. I think this is a mistake.

Please devs, (re)consider the benefits of having a commander seat in the cupola:

- it provides possibly a higher vantage point on flat maps
- it provides the ability to spot more freely while still having some protection compared to passenger positions
- it provides the ability to repair the tank while being less exposed (I have a hunch this is why it's getting phased out)

I think the tank destroyers have the most to gain from this feature. Right now the passenger seats that don't allow you to shoot are very rarely utilized, by making a better protected position that can also be used to fend off tank hunters they could be utilized much more.

Please, devs, make a poor old tanker happy again  :'(
https://i.imgur.com/C7g5Zrn.jpg

I'd love these if added.

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
  • FH2 Betatester/Verdun Team Researcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: 03-06-2018, 04:06:40 »
IIRC they were barely used, plus the camera was generally moved to actually be over the copula.  Honestly, I would prefer just giving the commander these features already in the driving spot, rather than shifting them to a new position.

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: 03-06-2018, 09:06:14 »
IMO all commander cupolas seats should be removed, together with taking the ability to use weapons in the passenger seats away from all tanks, to get rid of the wrench squads, making tanks immortal on the battlefield.

Offline LuckyOne

• Purple Heart Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: 03-06-2018, 11:06:14 »
IMO all commander cupolas seats should be removed, together with taking the ability to use weapons in the passenger seats away from all tanks, to get rid of the wrench squads, making tanks immortal on the battlefield.

Like I said, looks like my hunch was correct.  :-\

Anyway I'd love to see the devs reconsider the gameplay possibilities that this secondary position can provide... Think about it... A secondary position in a vehicle that allows free use of weapons can be considered the equivalent to a "perk" in more modern games. Just a less "gamey" one.

I'd be fine if all passenger positions except the commander lost their ability to use weapons.
IMHO the commander should be there to provide bonus advantages for his tanker.
Need help spotting? Get a buddy with binoculars in your tank!
Need the ability for minor repairs while on the move? Get a buddy with a wrench as your commander!
Under fire and in need of more cover fast? Get a buddy with some smoke grenades!
This sentence is intentionally left unfinished...

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: 03-06-2018, 11:06:55 »
I get your point, "commander" sitting there looks cool and all, but he is nothing more than a trouble for the real commander (driver) of the tank, making it harder for him to use the free look cam, which is usually placed on the commander cupola's hatch. Player sitting there is no advantage for you, because he's not even able to do the 360 degree spotting like you can by pressing [ctrl] button while driving, what makes him even less useful than your hull gunner who can not only spot for you but also shoot the enemy infantry. Shooting a hand weapon from the cupola of the moving tank is nowhere near as effective. And I wouldn't ever rely on anyone to be my eyes on the battlefield anyway, I would rather see that extra player to be me infantry support on the battlefield, or an actual spotted with binocs, somewhere else, giving me coordinates of far away targets.

Offline blander

• View Profile
« Reply #594 on: 06-06-2018, 05:06:45 »
This has probably been posted before, I´m sorry if that´s the case. These are my easy-to-do suggestions:

1. Remove disposable fuel tanks on all fighter planes (they were dropped before entering combat). Dogfights with fuel tanks attached just look ridiculous.

2. Slow the tanks (or all AFV) repair rate. Having a badly-damaged tank fully repaired in like 30 seconds really breaks the gameplay. Repair is a nice feature, just not in 30 seconds please! It could take like 2 minutes or so for full repair, that wouldn´t break the gameplay and would allow for "small repairs" in a decent amount of time  (not almost instant as it is now) if the tank received just a little bit of damage.
« Last Edit: 06-06-2018, 05:06:45 by blander »

Offline GeoPat

• View Profile
« Reply #595 on: 06-06-2018, 19:06:56 »
I agree with slowing the repair of tanks. 
This would also help the problem of repairing ships since they basically use the same materials as the tanks.

Offline SgtAlex

• View Profile
« Reply #596 on: 06-06-2018, 21:06:12 »

Aaaand thats how you kill teamwork, it's true that it's frustrating sometimes when fighting tanks with repair-crew, but thats not the problem, the problem is that you dont have any, they are cooperating and playing as a team, you are not. So if passenger seats are removed no one would repair tanks but the driver, no one would be running after a tank, fully exposed just to repair it when needed.

Instead, I agree with blander, repair rate should be increased so engineers crews cant repair a tank faster than the enemy tank reload its gun

I also agree about external fuel tanks, they look horrible in game and have no use at all.

Offline GeoPat

• View Profile
« Reply #597 on: 06-06-2018, 21:06:55 »
Repairing tanks from the seat is illegal in tournament play.
We used to have a script that automatically kicked you for that.
I don't think tanks should repair in the middle of combat.  They should have to withdraw to safety.  It's better to just put a good tanker kit(SMG) next to all the tanks.

Offline Alubat

• View Profile
« Reply #598 on: 12-06-2018, 17:06:21 »
When attacking an objective only the last player with a hit on target get points.
I think all players with a hit on an objective should gain assist damage points

Offline SgtAlex

• View Profile
« Reply #599 on: 12-06-2018, 17:06:44 »
Now that we're talking about tank repairs, I'd like to see Repair Stations like the ones there use to be on BF1942

Any chance to see them on FH2?