Author Topic: Forgotten Hope General Questions Thread  (Read 44752 times)

Offline ajappat

• "Cheater"
    • View Profile
Re: Forgotten Hope General Questions Thread
« Reply #90 on: 06-11-2012, 22:11:59 »
No idea why you can in SP, but I know why not in MP.

BF2 allows only one reload animation for one weapon. This means we either have garand shooting out the empty clip with *cling* sound or we have guy pulling the bolt back, removing empty clip and putting in new one. So obviously the iconic *cling* had to be the one  :)

Offline Tommy_Hartshock

• Hi! I'm kinda new to FH2! :)
    • View Profile
Where should I download?
« Reply #91 on: 07-11-2012, 17:11:07 »
This might be a bit stupid question, but what is the best place to download Forgotten Hope 2 ( in two parts. No torrent)? I live Northern Europe. Maybe Great-Britain by strategyinformer? :)
« Last Edit: 07-11-2012, 18:11:49 by Tommy_Hartshock »
Hint - "War isn't fair"
Warfare 1944

Offline CHRISTIEFRONTDRIVE

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 09-11-2012, 21:11:48 »
Out of curiosity (some of you who can be bothered to read my last post in this thread may sense a pattern here :D), if someone was able to provide new skins for existing vehicles of sufficient quality, would there be any chance of getting them in the mod? Sort of like the old "Historical Textures" packs we used to see for FH1, but on an individual basis?

Also, is it possible to have a vehicle have different skins, but on the same maps? Even a minor change, like changing the names on tanks (Lulubelle on the Grant in Sidi Bou Zid for example) to give them different names on the same map?
Quote from: TASSER1
you suck. noone likes you. and your mother isn't pretty

Quote from: Eightball1182
Andrew.Drunk.Drive...I love u man. You get it...u get it 100%. Stay cool Canada brother.

Offline LuckyOne

• Purple Heart Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 09-11-2012, 21:11:22 »
^ Probably possible but not convenient from technical point of view (more memory load for a minor change). However it would be nice on different maps to have slightly different vehicle skins...
This sentence is intentionally left unfinished...

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 14-11-2012, 05:11:50 »
Can anyone explain to me how spawning works in FH2 regarding where specifically you spawn, when you choose a flag to spawn at? Sometimes I seem to spawn in the exact same spot for ten deaths in a row, but at other flags on other maps I could spawn at any number of a dozen places. What is the rhyme and reason? Is there a pattern? Does it depend on your kit or the tickets or anything?

I don't mean stuff like Tunis and Ramelle, I get why you spawn farther back from the front lines. But why for example today on Cobra do I only ever seemed to spawn in the building next to the Sdkfz 7, no matter what kit I chose, regardless of tickets or combinations of other flags. There was a massive attack near the building and I just died over and over again and I'd like to know how I can improve my chances of spawning at a different part of a flag (in a different building for instance) while still spawning at the same flag?
« Last Edit: 14-11-2012, 05:11:19 by Andrew »

Andrew.Drunk.Drive...I love u man. You get it...u get it 100%. Stay cool Canada brother.

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 14-11-2012, 20:11:54 »
Spawning depends on how many spawnpoints a flag has. Some flags have 3 spawnpoints, others have more.

Some maps have teamSP, which means that you will spawn on a different location depending on which team you're on (axis or allies), but not all maps have that.

When you get killed over and over on a certain spawnpoint, please make a bugreport, because spawnpoints shouldn't be instakill places. The only reasons why you kept spawning in the same spot again and again which I can think of, are:
- sheer coincidence
- the other spawns where "blocked": this means a player has spawned there and didn't move. Then that spawnpoint can't be used until he has moved (or died). This is also the reason why you sometimes can't spawn on your SL and tell him to move and then you still can't spawn on him, because it is so crowded with other squadmembers there: they keep blocking all the SL's spawnpoints.

Number of flags your team has and what kit you have certainly have nothing to do with spawnlocations.

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 15-11-2012, 08:11:08 »
Thanks very much Slayer! I have one more question right now you or someone else may be able to help me with:

Why on some maps do the tickets start draining rapidly when one team loses control of their last flag, while other maps that flag needs to be capped before the mega-bleed starts, while on still other maps, the bleed is way slower? I've been playing for nearly a year and (perhaps I'm being stupid and should know this. I've been stupid before) I still have no idea what to expect when our last flag on a random map goes grey. I don't understand why it can't just be the same, steady, 100-tickets in 10 seconds (or some other number, that's just an example) for every map. It seems stupid to me that on some maps I have ten minutes to go make a sandwhich and come back and the round still isn't over because we still have 3 guys left alive, but on other maps, you lose 700 tickets in 20 seconds? What's the deal? Is it to do with map types (Conquest, Assault, etc.)???

Offline NTH

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 15-11-2012, 09:11:12 »
Depends on the map type. Maps like Hurtgen Forrest should be over the moment the last flag is capped.
Then there are push maps where the last flag can be recapped.
I guess Natty or Kev knows which map should end how.
And then there might also be maps that are inconsistent. Do you know which maps end in a "Hunt the last survivors"? I can check if that is gameplay as intended.

Milton Gault roared, "Roffey, I know bloody well that Jerry knows we are here but you don't need to advertise the fact!"
(From: First in the Field, Gault of the Patricias by Jeffery Williams, page 72.)

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 15-11-2012, 22:11:18 »
Depends on the map type. Maps like Hurtgen Forrest should be over the moment the last flag is capped.
Then there are push maps where the last flag can be recapped.
I guess Natty or Kev knows which map should end how.
And then there might also be maps that are inconsistent. Do you know which maps end in a "Hunt the last survivors"? I can check if that is gameplay as intended.

I will make a note for each map whenever this happens for a few days and post results in here. This isn't a complaint, I just want to be able to know going into a map "Okay, if we get capped out, my plan will be _____", but sometimes all your tickets just disappear whereas other times it seems like it's only double bleed and lone wolfs have a few minutes to try and recap something (i.e Port-en-Bessin).

Offline Turkish007

• Masterspammer
  • Mini-mod necromancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: 20-11-2012, 18:11:38 »
Will we ever see naval combat in FH2?

Offline katakulli

• View Profile
« Reply #100 on: 20-11-2012, 19:11:16 »
I guess %99.999999999999 no.
Basically, axis bias has removed. Glad its being noticed.

Offline Turkish007

• Masterspammer
  • Mini-mod necromancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: 20-11-2012, 19:11:46 »
Awww  :'( I've always wanted to controll those huge ships in FH2. Why not, many other mods and campaigns have them?

Offline Korsakov829

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: 20-11-2012, 20:11:55 »
Theres got to be a naval battles! Needs to be a Rheinuebung remake, maybe some battles in the mediterranean and the black sea.

Offline Turkish007

• Masterspammer
  • Mini-mod necromancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: 20-11-2012, 20:11:38 »
I hope so, but if there will not be any naval battles, I suppose the main reasons are that you cant walk aboard  in the BF2 engine and those huge ships jumping around if they hit eachother. But there is so many to borrow, the BF2: Pirates mod has got some sinking animations, Forgotten Honor and World at War ship and coastal gun models, etc...

Offline Hjaldrgud

• BF2 Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: 21-11-2012, 00:11:51 »
Didnt waw have naval battles on a custom map? I recall using a sub.

"Generous and brave men live the best" -Hávamál