Author Topic: Singleplayer in Forgotten Hope 2.46 - 2.48  (Read 26540 times)

Offline Yuri.Gdozaev

• Red Orchestra violinist
    • View Profile
Re: Singleplayer in Forgotten Hope 2.46
« Reply #60 on: 23-05-2014, 18:05:17 »
I'm also experiencing some CTDs in Falaise Pocket and Bocage after some minutes of gameplay

Offline JG400

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 24-05-2014, 02:05:14 »
Thank you, DJ, but my Windows is set up properly.  As a matter of fact, I didn't do it but my cousin did.  He built my computer and it is running right.  Thanks for mentioning it, though.  I am running a 64bit OS so that shouldn't be a memory problem as I have 6 gigs of memory.  I must reiterate that the ctd's only occurred with the 2.46 update.  As of now Falaise and Operation Goodwood crash regularly.  I get occasional ctd's on other maps but that has been going on for a long time.  I see from other posts on here that is common.  I mind those as it's the nature of the beast.  But those two maps are troublesome.  The problem with the Germans on Vossenack has been here since 2.45 and that shouldn't be a computer issue. 

Offline gamerjer

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 24-05-2014, 11:05:16 »
random ctd's in singleplayer and coop are comming from the latest patch indeed, i have played fh2 coop/single player for a while, also with the old version and it never crashed or showed this issues in coop or singleplayer there but since the new patch its kinda annoying to play singleplayer or coop, i hope the devs will come with a fix for this

Offline gavrant

• (Almost) retired dev
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 24-05-2014, 12:05:11 »
random ctd's in singleplayer and coop are comming from the latest patch indeed, i have played fh2 coop/single player for a while, also with the old version and it never crashed or showed this issues in coop or singleplayer there but since the new patch its kinda annoying to play singleplayer or coop, i hope the devs will come with a fix for this
Nobody remembers now those random crashes in 2.45 because of the British bandages, for example, yeah? ;)

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 25-05-2014, 13:05:22 »
There are fewer CTDS or rather, there are fewer clear CTDS. A few new ones may hsve been removed,but as the primary goal of the last phase of SP was bug-squishing, a god number of past crashes have been taken care of to.

Whether its more than introduced, it's up for debate. I know Villers Bocage crashes eventually. That's the only one I'm certain of.

Offline JG400

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 25-05-2014, 22:05:39 »
Thank you for the input, Djinn.  I am very grateful that the crashes have been cleaned up.  What I was trying to say in my first post is that only Falaise Pocket and Operation Goodwood crash every time I play it.  Other crashes that I encounter with the rest of the maps are very seldom and completely random.  These two maps ran fine up to 2.45.  For me, the problem started with 2.46.  I have to bring up Vossenack again as it seems to have been lost in the conversation.  I really don't know if anyone else has had this problem as I haven't seen it mentioned in the forum but it is definitely not fun to play anymore since the Germans will not use armor.  Don't get me wrong, 2.46 is a fantastic update.  It's just that these problems are foremost in my mind as these maps are some of my favorites.

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 26-05-2014, 09:05:16 »
You bring out some fair points. And i'll give these maps a whirl myself to see if it is local or universal.

With regard to vossenack, the map was not even touched between the last updates. For work on Commander AI or attack logic, Gavrant is moving quite systematically through each map to make it better.

So any lack of use of tanks is an eventuality. As I recall, bots may spawn and bring up the odd Panther and a halftruck to help them cap the church, and although I'd admit, I haven't seen this recently, I can't think of any development work that would change that.

But I will push for this, as I feel Vossenack is a beautiful late war map that could use more love.

Offline JG400

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 26-05-2014, 13:05:50 »
Thank you very much for you attention on this, Djinn.  I have many favorite maps(as I'm sure everybody does) but it does tend to be a let down if all maps can't be played correctly.  To give you an idea of what I tried in Vossenack, I sat at the main base for the German side for fifteen minutes just waiting for a bot to take a vehicle.  No such luck.  I could have(and probably should have)waited the entire round, at the time, I thought that fifteen minutes was enough.  So I did try to see if it was just me not noticing.  Although it is pretty hard not to notice a Panther firing it's main gun.  Alas, no go.

Offline JG400

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 26-05-2014, 13:05:44 »
I forgot to add that I can't wait for the new update when it appears.  I just wanted to bring these issues to someones attention in time for any fixes or modifications to be carried out.

Offline gamerjer

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 26-05-2014, 22:05:46 »
indeed i guess they will fix it eventually because fh2 is also fun to play coop  with friends and bots =-]
i wonder if omaha beach will be added with bots to in time (would be fun) but first the random crash fix is a priority i guess =-p

Offline JG400

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 26-05-2014, 22:05:02 »
I do have to make a clarification about my earlier posts.  All of the problems I mentioned were on COOP only.  I have not tried them on single player.   I prefer COOP with it's flexibility in how long a match can last.

Offline LuckyOne

• Purple Heart Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 28-05-2014, 23:05:45 »
After playing a full round of SP for the first time in a few years I must say I'm really impressed with the advancement of it. It is almost unrecognizable to what it used to be just a few short years ago.

Great job and kudos to everyone involved, the atmosphere of FH2's singleplayer can in some ways match even some scripted SP games!
This sentence is intentionally left unfinished...

Offline ksl94

• British Imperialist
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 29-05-2014, 09:05:52 »
I prefer SP over MP by far. By the way, is SP more stable than COOP?

Offline nysä

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 29-05-2014, 13:05:28 »
I've also witnessed random CTDs in SP, especially Falaise, Villers, Goodwood and quite frequently in Meuse. Seems somewhat vehicle related, either fighting or cruising.

Offline Officer_Dufus

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 29-05-2014, 16:05:36 »
The reason I dislike single player is because there is no element of hiding.  The bots always know where you are, even if you are behind a thick bush.

Also they don't aim and they fire their rifles extremely quickly with great accuracy.

Sometimes it is the only alternative to empty servers, though :(