Author Topic: Lag and warping of ground units (bots)  (Read 4277 times)

Offline ksl94

• British Imperialist
    • View Profile
Re: Lag and warping of ground units (bots)
« Reply #30 on: 20-03-2013, 17:03:35 »
Thank you for your hints! There is one more question I have though, what priority should I give the dedicated server I run? Also, does cfos deal with 127.0.0.1 (loopback), too? This is of utmost importance to me here, since I don't play COOP over the internet, but on a local set-up.

Offline [QPS]_Sex_Bomb

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 20-03-2013, 17:03:25 »
Use also the highest for your server.  The application should bias any network connection, even the localhost (127.0.0.1).

Offline ksl94

• British Imperialist
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 20-03-2013, 18:03:25 »
Thanks a lot once more  :D ! I am testing it with these settings right now and have to admit that there isn't much of a change yet. However, I shall do as you advised and give this wonderful little tool some time to do it's work properly. I will keep you all up to date with my progress!

Offline ksl94

• British Imperialist
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 21-03-2013, 20:03:09 »
Well, it is now calibrated but I still have a very unstable and horrific ping. In the small window on the lower right of my screen no major ping activity is shown, however.

Offline ksl94

• British Imperialist
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 26-03-2013, 16:03:18 »
Having just received a reply to an e-mail I sent to the cFos support team I can confirm that what I feared to be the case is true-the issue cannot be resolved with the aid of cFos and it is not routed within the msconfig (time to reach 127.0.0.1 is exactly 0ms). I therefore concluded that the issue must lie in the server or it's set-up. Does anyone still have an idea how I could end this nightmare  :-\ ?

Offline kummitus

• View Profile
    • CMP Gaming
« Reply #35 on: 27-03-2013, 12:03:57 »
You said in the other thread you had like 4 years or more old installation of windows? Could do miracles to reinstall it.
CMP Gaming

Offline [QPS]_Sex_Bomb

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 27-03-2013, 18:03:35 »
Having just received a reply to an e-mail I sent to the cFos support team I can confirm that what I feared to be the case is true-the issue cannot be resolved with the aid of cFos and it is not routed within the msconfig (time to reach 127.0.0.1 is exactly 0ms). I therefore concluded that the issue must lie in the server or it's set-up. Does anyone still have an idea how I could end this nightmare  :-\ ?

Really sry to hear that.  I just hope you can benefit from your money investment when playing online.

Sry for my lack of reply in the last days, my girlfriend broke an ankle and i was on her side most of my spare time.

Offline ksl94

• British Imperialist
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 28-03-2013, 11:03:24 »
Thanks for your replies! No worries, QPS this tool was worth every penny since it helped me solve various other networking issues. Also, I hope that your girlfriend gets well again soon!
As for re-installing my Windows, I decided against it for two practical reasons: First, I will leave Europe for good in July and when I return to the US I will have alot of things to do, rendering gaming impossible for a year or maybe even longer. Secondly, getting my PC shipped would be more expensive than the PC's current value itself  :-X . After this hiatus, I will buy a new one that can easily run FH2 and ARMA II.. But the idea is very good indeed. Such an old installation of Windows truly does more harm than good. What I am thinking of though, is to buy a disc version of BF2 and to replace my current EA-download with it. I am confident that this might help.

Offline ksl94

• British Imperialist
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 29-03-2013, 15:03:41 »
I will now try to re-install BF2 for the first time ever. I will keep you up to date and will let you know if I survived it  :P .

Offline |7th|Nighthawk

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 29-03-2013, 15:03:55 »
It is a long and painfull process but once you did it over and over (like me), it won't bother you anymore :P
"I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that..."

Offline ksl94

• British Imperialist
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 29-03-2013, 16:03:23 »
Awesome. The EA downloader is FUBARed, proving once more that EA's customer support is, well, unique.
I will have to order it online as a disc version, and it might over a bloody week to arrive  >:( !

Offline |7th|Nighthawk

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 29-03-2013, 18:03:16 »
EA downloader --> First thing to uninstall.
I don't like the idea of not having the game as hardware.
"I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that..."

Offline ksl94

• British Imperialist
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 29-03-2013, 18:03:48 »
Well, me neither  ;D . The first thing which I will do as soon as I receive the disc version will be deleting all of this EA junk.

Offline LuckyOne

• Purple Heart Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 29-03-2013, 18:03:06 »
Try running the key through Origin, if it's possible...  Maybe you can download it from there...
This sentence is intentionally left unfinished...

Offline ksl94

• British Imperialist
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 30-03-2013, 17:03:30 »
I just noticed something awkward: According to cmd, my ping is at 0. FH2 however says otherwise. Looking at the ping indicator when having selected my local dedicated server, I am shown pings ranging from 16 to above 60, at times even 2000 something. Does anyone have a logical explanation for this? Also, look what I found here: http://www.tweakguides.com/BF2_7.html
The section "Usersettings.con" is of special interest to me, but unfortunately altering the latency compensation didn't do much. However, I would greatly appreciate it if someone could tell me what is wrong with the ping issue and if someone could educate me on the use of the latency compensation  :-\ .