Author Topic: Your epic fail in FH1/FH2!  (Read 18616 times)

Offline Thorondor123

• God Emperor
  • Global Moderator
  • Lugbûrz-ûr!
    • View Profile
Re: Your epic fail in FH1/FH2!
« Reply #15 on: 13-01-2011, 22:01:11 »
Trying to kill a tank with the PIAT and hitting a flagpole instead killing yourself and your friend.

Actually, I don't even remember if it was I who used the PIAT or was I the one standing next to the gunner.
« Last Edit: 14-01-2011, 01:01:31 by Thorondor123 »
Let mortal heroes sing your fame

Offline Beaufort

• WIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 14-01-2011, 01:01:50 »
I think it was on Brest some times ago.

Last corridor, I have a clear shot on the PIV with the sherman, but all I hit is a gerry running by... The gerry falls dead, but the PIV returns fire before I can reload ... :P

Offline hslan.totaler_humbug

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
    • hslan
« Reply #17 on: 14-01-2011, 04:01:23 »
I never fail, but ask Magnus about his fail, involving me :P

PS: I´m not allowed to talk about it ;D
We need to be able, to throw Thermos out of Spotterplanes.

Offline DLFReporter

• FH-Betatester
  • Betatesting FH2 makes me edgy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 14-01-2011, 09:01:24 »
I gathered my squad and made for a flanking attack in an APC.
We had a really good drive and nobody noticed us, the MG position was the only seat still free and all seemed to go really well...then with about 100m to go until we reach the flag and cover, I spot a Sherman off to the left quite a way away and voip to the guys that a tank is on our left and that I will try to sneak us into the flag from the back...

Now guess what happened next...

Roger that, you're right, one of my squad jumps to the MG position and opens up on the Sherman, which then notices us and then kills us with one shot. Everyone dies and a critical flag, that would have stopped the bleed, is not taken.

Epic fail.  :'(

I think I managed to surpass a Scotsman with my swearing after that... needless to say; the guy left the squad on his own. ;D
Gravity is a habit that is hard to shake off

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 14-01-2011, 09:01:39 »
We were playing Luttich, and I found out that 2 guys in my squad were using VOIP. Between the 2 of them, our squad was putting up some solid defense, requiring at most 2 people a flag and holding the entire line by ourselves, and it was fun. Probably my first time playing with a VOIP team... I was only text-typing, but we did fine.

Then the Germans, frustrated by our squad level strong defense of the town, moved in force on the church. While the rest of the army was struggling with a diversionary German force and being useless, one VOIP leader got into the tower and begun informing us of the German movement. A little later the other must have also...

I didn't know he was there tbh, and I was in a tank (destroyer) - Sherman or Wolverine, not sure which. I noted movement in the church from the corner of my eye, as I cranked the turret around, I saw a German duck into the building, so I did the sensible thing: I fired HE - Then another HE, putting one through each opening I could because I figured Jerry had flanked and was camping in the church.

Well, I killed our man. Without even checking the kill messages for fear I'd be fausted, I kept firing. After something like 4 or 5 HE shots, I must have killed the 2nd guy too... Then I heard the radio crackling, and got one saying something that crackled too much to make out, but the other guy must have understood and replied with frustration 'god! its one of our guys! He's TKing us!'

I apologized profusely, and no one kicked me out or anything, but I had totally lost the respect of the team

And what's more, the German in the tower survived my shooting and capped the church, opening a corridor for his side, and forcing us to displace :-(
« Last Edit: 14-01-2011, 09:01:29 by djinn »

Offline psykfallet

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 14-01-2011, 12:01:55 »
most fail? probably a failed take off on Crete, crashing a fully loaded JU52 in the water just off the runway. Another one is blindshooting with Nebelwerfer and teamkilling the Kingtiger

Offline General_Henry

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 14-01-2011, 12:01:55 »
Trying to throw a Gebalte ladung out of a window on a clueless Cromwell. The emphasis is on trying ....

next time I shall park my cromwell next to where you're hidin'  !!!

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 14-01-2011, 13:01:21 »
most fail? probably a failed take off on Crete, crashing a fully loaded JU52 in the water just off the runway. Another one is blindshooting with Nebelwerfer and teamkilling the Kingtiger

Yup, I got the Ju fail once too... I think I forgot to restore my keys to my custom settings and it was still set to joytick or whatever 1.5 made default. So I went to full throttle and drove into the sea killing all onbaord. Got a nice 'Idiot' text afterward. good times :-D

Offline mopskind

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 14-01-2011, 22:01:28 »
I recently jumped in a truck on lüttich and didn't notice that i just became squadleader of a full squad- i drove the truck right to the farm just to fuck around a bit with the gerries ( i often do senseless stuff like that i don't know why..that's why my death rate is always so high :D ) so i was just screwing around and did not see that my whole squad just spawned in the truck and eagerly begged me to stop the truck in a safe spot..guess what i did...reputation as SL lost forever  :o

Offline Mayhemic.MAD

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 15-01-2011, 02:01:42 »
Just made three accidentally TKs on Sfakia with the good damn British phosphor smoke grenades  ::)
Who invented this crap, the German one does better smoke and is non lethal as well !

The first even was a double TK with one smoke nade. I was near the townsquare flag, saw a lot of enemys, yelled "charge" and threw a smoke nade to the front. Sadly my squad members charged the same moment and died two seconds later from my smoke grenade, because both got wounded a second before by a enemy grenade or something.

The next time I spawned on another flag, I heard shoots whizz by from behind so I turned and shot without seeing an enemy, just to make anyone who might be there maybe take cover, and then threw a smoke nade behind me after some hectic running around, just hoping not to die. Sadly I had first hurt a squad member with my unaimed shot and then killed him off with the smoke nade in the face ::)

Thank god such horrible accidents happen only once a while ;D
Der Motor des Panzers ist ebenso seine Waffe wie die Kanone.
Heinz Guderian

--- Donate for the biggest BattleField Mod Supporter!! ---

Offline IrishReloaded

• Leader of Irishforce
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 15-01-2011, 10:01:40 »
2 days  ago I was flying my stuka on Crete. I need to get new bombs and flew back to the main base. A junkers was just taking off, and I was landing. In the moment I landed the new junkers spawmed: Stuka down, junkers down, me down, 5 ppl standing at airfield down  ;D

Offline Magnus

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 15-01-2011, 13:01:39 »
1. My brother was driving Matilda and I decided to repair his tank. I got into 2nd tank's position and chose mine instead of wrench. I clicked quickly LPM as I used to do it... I didn't realise that I had just put a mine - I thought it was rather impossible when you are in tank (you know I was in the 2n position). And when my brother moved we simply blew up!  ;D

Reading this give me a Déjà vu and I knew Humbug would react lol.

I never fail, but ask Magnus about his fail, involving me :P

PS: I´m not allowed to talk about it ;D

Exactly the same thing happened to humbug and me while operating a Grant on Gazala. We were damaged and I switched to the 3rd position to repair it. I too accidently clicked on the mine instead of the wrench and I saw it dropping through the engine compartment. Not sure what would happen, I told Humbug on TS NOT to move while I would disarm the mine. But like always Humbug being Humbug he did move and we blew up.

So actually we both failed  ;D.

Offline Capten_C

• Well well well well well well well
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
« Reply #27 on: 15-01-2011, 14:01:09 »
Often when not SL'ing I find myself scouting alone deep in enemy territory, spotting, making mischief! Trololo  :D
On the flags that you can cap alone, I have a habit  of planting Smines to cover my ass. As soon as the flag greys you know the foe will be running in trying to find you and.....boom = profit! ;D

So I did this a few times last night, only to find after I cunningly deployed aforementioned Smine tactics.. hoards of friendly troopers arriving and boom = loss!  :-[  :'(   Frantically typing "SMINE NEAR CHURCH FLA...." boom you tk'd xyz

My Tk's from this were in double figures  - epic fail, much grrrrumble! ::)
LEGENDARY FORGOTTEN HOPE 2 ROUNDS!!! >> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xtJF9fL1YI

Offline kummitus

• View Profile
    • CMP Gaming
« Reply #28 on: 15-01-2011, 15:01:50 »
I tend to teamkill people when they spawn on me when I'm sl with a piat. Happened last night instantly when a mate spawned and it has happened also before. Those who are my victims usually don't even have chance to make one step before they are dead.
CMP Gaming

Offline Caselius

• Getting shot is my forte
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 15-01-2011, 15:01:54 »
I was trying to hunt a Tiger on Lebisey some time ago and i was in the house with my squad mates and i fired my PIAT. I sighted a bit wrong. (I cant use AT weapons correctly)  Soon the my full squad and i blew up..  ;D
ARMA 3 - Northern Fronts mod developer