Author Topic: Review the latest movie you have seen  (Read 179560 times)

Offline Rawhide

• Part-time Cowboy
  • FH-Betatester
  • King of the Off-Topic Section
    • View Profile
    • #fhmod
Re: Review the latest movie you have seen
« Reply #600 on: 27-04-2010, 18:04:29 »
Duel

Steven Spielberg's first feature. Based on a story first published in Playboy. A salesman going on a business trip over the day through California. After a contact with a big old truck on the road and a mysterious driver a lethal cat and mouse game start along the road.

This is in my book a real damn nice movie. Just about one-and-half hour long, a good story and a good actor. What else do you need?

And on top of that, a real nice Hitchcock feeling over the whole movie.

Spielberg knew his shit even back in '71

Offline Tedacious

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: 27-04-2010, 18:04:47 »
oh yeah Duel (The Duel?) is a great movie!
I was actually kinda frightened throughout the movie, probably that hitchcock feeling you mentioned..
I see were you are trying to reach: "how can a 17 year old kid have such a thinking like this? why doesnt he wants to be like normal teens who whana get rich? and his plan actually makes sense, but is too damn revolutionary and good at the same time than is still doubthfull if it works..." - Damaso

Offline Jobabb Jobabbsen

• View Profile
« Reply #602 on: 27-04-2010, 18:04:37 »
2012       3/10     Boring and predictable. I guess thats no surprise for anyone. Even the effects werent that good imo. Particulary the rolling dome of the vatican building who rolled over people. So wrong.

Offline Rawhide

• Part-time Cowboy
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
    • #fhmod
« Reply #603 on: 27-04-2010, 19:04:29 »
2012       3/10     Boring and predictable. I guess thats no surprise for anyone. Even the effects werent that good imo. Particulary the rolling dome of the vatican building who rolled over people. So wrong.

Oh yeah, that movie gotta be the biggest PoS in years.

Offline Rawhide

• Part-time Cowboy
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
    • #fhmod
« Reply #604 on: 27-04-2010, 22:04:37 »

The duel theme continues...

The Duellists

Ridley Scott's first feature. And what a debut!  Set during the Napoleonic Wars, two French officers start a feud that will last for many years to come.

With Harvey Keitel and Keith Carradine as the two officers.

A great movie, I truly recommend it.

Offline Rawhide

• Part-time Cowboy
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
    • #fhmod
« Reply #605 on: 29-04-2010, 22:04:00 »
Iron Man 2

Just as good as the first one. Downey Jr is as awesome as always and Rourke is the perfect villain. Sam Rockwell did also a great job.

Offline Jobabb Jobabbsen

• View Profile
« Reply #606 on: 04-05-2010, 16:05:59 »
            Framom främsta linjen / Etulinjan edessä               9/10

Im not really sure if this is a swedish or finnish movie, but its awesome. I cant find words to describe how great the story is, its pure war and tactical battle-related action all the way. Its about the continuation war and the regiment IR 61's battle at "Svir" and "Näset". I think its hard to see if actors act good when they dont speak english or norwegian, but for my eye it was quite good acting. What makes the film not get 10 is cause the action scenes werent perfect. They were quite good, but didnt really take you to the battle as BoB and SPR. The russians also at some points ran weirdly against fire to get shot, but as far as i know maybe they did in real. The plot is not unreal in any way, like saving a private far beyond enemy lines or steal gold in the middle of the battlezone, its no romantic or drama, only pure real war-tactics. Though i dont know enough about that war to know if the equipment is correct. Anyhow, i strongly recommand this film  :)

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: 04-05-2010, 18:05:42 »
            Framom främsta linjen / Etulinjan edessä               9/10

Im not really sure if this is a swedish or finnish movie, but its awesome. I cant find words to describe how great the story is, its pure war and tactical battle-related action all the way. Its about the continuation war and the regiment IR 61's battle at "Svir" and "Näset". I think its hard to see if actors act good when they dont speak english or norwegian, but for my eye it was quite good acting. What makes the film not get 10 is cause the action scenes werent perfect. They were quite good, but didnt really take you to the battle as BoB and SPR. The russians also at some points ran weirdly against fire to get shot, but as far as i know maybe they did in real. The plot is not unreal in any way, like saving a private far beyond enemy lines or steal gold in the middle of the battlezone, its no romantic or drama, only pure real war-tactics. Though i dont know enough about that war to know if the equipment is correct. Anyhow, i strongly recommand this film  :)

JR 61. :)

And its a finnish movie.

Framom Främsta Linjen has very authentic equipment and the battle scenes are told very true to history. Battle of Tienhaara for example follows very close to reality as you could do it with the budget they had.

Also all the characters have real life equivalents.

Offline Thorondor123

• God Emperor
  • Global Moderator
  • Lugbûrz-ûr!
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: 04-05-2010, 19:05:53 »
Infanteriregemente 61 ;)
Let mortal heroes sing your fame

Offline Jobabb Jobabbsen

• View Profile
« Reply #609 on: 04-05-2010, 19:05:13 »
You Finns really know how to make war movies  :)  It was so good so ill see it again very soon. They totally know how to use their budget. Framom främste linjen imo is better than most high budget war movies. But i wonder why do they speak swedish? Do many finns talk swedish or were they swedish volunteers?

Offline Thorondor123

• God Emperor
  • Global Moderator
  • Lugbûrz-ûr!
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: 04-05-2010, 19:05:56 »
JR 61 (Infanteriregemente 61) was a all Swedish-speaking regiment formed from Vaasa area where many people speak Swedish.

(5,5 % of Finns speak Swedish as their first language.)
Let mortal heroes sing your fame

Offline Invincible

• Armyyyyarrrrrr!
    • View Profile
    • Javelin Photos
« Reply #611 on: 08-05-2010, 14:05:42 »
Iron man 2

I'm a big fan of these movies, And part 2 amazed me just as much as part 1.
Awesome effects, nice small jokes within the story line, great gadgets and stuff you would die for to have in your home.. I liked it the full 2 hours!

10/10 for me.

If you are going to watch this movie, make sure you keep watching until after the credits!
there is a tiny bit of extra footage for the next marvel movie!!

"If I advance, follow me. If I stop, urge me on. If I retreat, kill me."

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: 08-05-2010, 14:05:02 »
Banhammer?  ???

Sounds like a movie for my taste.

Offline DLFReporter

• FH-Betatester
  • Betatesting FH2 makes me edgy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: 08-05-2010, 17:05:26 »
Banhammer?  ???

Sounds like a movie for my taste.
Mjölnir FTW!
Gravity is a habit that is hard to shake off

Offline Rawhide

• Part-time Cowboy
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
    • #fhmod
« Reply #614 on: 13-05-2010, 16:05:08 »
Dirty Dancing

What can you say? Typical 80's movie, a sleazy touch to it but still it's quite entertaining.

Nobody puts Baby in a corner

The Singing Detective

After Iron Man 2 I got this flashback to a movie I've been wanting to see for a while. This is the movie. Downey Jr is being treated for a real bad case of psoriasis. He's also a writer of detective stories set in the 1950's. He tells the story of his book about the Singing Detective.

The idea is not bad at all. I loved the idea. But the movie ain't that good.

An interesting but not good movie.
« Last Edit: 13-05-2010, 17:05:20 by Rawhide »