Author Topic: [FH2] Crusader Mk1  (Read 9485 times)

Offline General_Henry

• View Profile
Re: [FH2] Crusader Mk1
« Reply #15 on: 12-05-2009, 07:05:58 »
Ye.imo, it should only take 2 shots on the side armor to kill a Panzer

Its lame you need 5-6 shots on the sides and 3-4 on the rear.

And if you get that 6th killing shot, enemy has already popped smoke, bailed out and running far away. And thats only if enemy didnt spot where you are shooting  ;D

actually 3-4 would do in the sides... but usually you can't do that before you died.

Offline Blitzkrieger

• I are teh L33T
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 12-05-2009, 14:05:11 »
I actually prefer this tank to the M3 Grant or Stewart.

Its manuverability and decreased height make it perfect for sneak attacks and flanking. Also, the gun has little bullet drop after it fires making hitting stuff much easier (Panzer IV's or panzers in general aren't very good with this  ;D)

Defenitly a great weapon in the right hands and used correctly. But if theres a matilda, sherman or valentine in my base i know what i'm going for  ;D

Offline Schneider

• Ofw.Josef_Schneider
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 12-05-2009, 15:05:13 »
Also, the gun has little bullet drop after it fires making hitting stuff much easier (Panzer IV's or panzers in general aren't very good with this  ;D)

Umm, did you ever drive a PzIVF2? I has so little bullet drop that you're almost tempted to aim below the enemy tanks..
And the PzIIIJ has not much bullet drop either.

Offline Blitzkrieger

• I are teh L33T
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 12-05-2009, 16:05:54 »
Also, the gun has little bullet drop after it fires making hitting stuff much easier (Panzer IV's or panzers in general aren't very good with this  ;D)

Umm, did you ever drive a PzIVF2? I has so little bullet drop that you're almost tempted to aim below the enemy tanks..

Maybe that statement was a bit off. Your right  thePzIIIJ has little drop but i do remember using a PzIV that had 75mm rounds on Mersa maybe and it looked as if the round was dropping like a rock. I don't know maybe a cerain round drops more?

Offline Schneider

• Ofw.Josef_Schneider
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 12-05-2009, 16:05:54 »
Yeah you mean the short-barreled PzIVF1, I admit it drops like a penguin shot off with a catapult.

Offline Die Happy

• FH-Betatester
  • Live Long & Die Happy
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 12-05-2009, 16:05:28 »
also HE rounds have more drop than AP rounds
Live Long & Die Happy

Offline Blitzkrieger

• I are teh L33T
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 12-05-2009, 18:05:21 »
Yeah you mean the short-barreled PzIVF1, I admit it drops like a penguin shot off with a catapult.

Yeah that's probably the one. I'm not really good with the different tank variant names like Ausf. H and F1. But i'm guessing the short barrel means bigger ammo that drops faster.

Offline Schneider

• Ofw.Josef_Schneider
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 12-05-2009, 19:05:52 »
Nah it's the same calibre, but the barrel is shorter, so lower muzzle velocity, so much more drop.  ;)

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
  • Traction Wars Propaganda Officer
    • View Profile
    • Traction Wars - WWII Free to Play Game
« Reply #23 on: 12-05-2009, 19:05:19 »
Plus it's an older gun type.
"Force answers force, war breeds war, and death only brings death.
To break this vicious circle one must do more than act without thought or doubt."

Offline General_Henry

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 13-05-2009, 02:05:03 »

the Long Barrel Panzer IIIJ have a good drop, not too much, not too few, you could easily hit "dug-in" parts (e.g. a Grant showing only his turret and you want to hit the hull) with it.

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
  • FH2 Betatester/Verdun Team Researcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 13-05-2009, 02:05:08 »

Yeah that's probably the one. I'm not really good with the different tank variant names like Ausf. H and F1. But i'm guessing the short barrel means bigger ammo that drops faster.

Essentially, the Panzer4 early types, and the Pz3N, were using glorified mortars.  Their purpose was to drop large HE shells on enemy positions, and not to engage enemy tanks.  Unfortunately, much like the Sherman in american service, this was not to be for the Panzer4, although it worked well enough for the Panzer3s, as they worked with Tiger tanks.

Offline Blitzkrieger

• I are teh L33T
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 13-05-2009, 11:05:29 »
Oh ok this makes sense now because i know i was reading somewhere about how PzII's were recon tanks, PzIII's were battletanks, and PzIV's were for infantry support roles.

Couldn't figure it out but now i understand.  ;)

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
  • Traction Wars Propaganda Officer
    • View Profile
    • Traction Wars - WWII Free to Play Game
« Reply #27 on: 13-05-2009, 19:05:08 »
It was a genius system for Blitzkrieg tactics but later when the enemy also started using other material and Germany was turning more and more into defensive mode the system was completely abandoned. Damn shame, it was so logical and tidy, then it became a big mess  :-X
"Force answers force, war breeds war, and death only brings death.
To break this vicious circle one must do more than act without thought or doubt."

Offline verg_6

• Crusader MkIII for life (Until 2.2, that is)
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 17-05-2009, 05:05:10 »
That's putting it mildly. The shell from the F1 has pretty much the same arc as the shells in unmodded BF1942. It's cartoon-like.

Offline Blitzkrieger

• I are teh L33T
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 17-05-2009, 05:05:43 »
That's putting it mildly. The shell from the F1 has pretty much the same arc as the shells in unmodded BF1942. It's cartoon-like.

Ehhh i was trying out the F1 today and believe me it's nowhere near as bad as the nilla 42 tank shells. In 42 if two tanks were 50 meters away it would turn into an epic skirmish(actually more or less it would be a pathetic display of aiming). The PzIVF1 has a lot of drop but it's not too bad. It's still alright for me when lobbing HE's.
« Last Edit: 17-05-2009, 10:05:27 by Blitzkrieger »