Author Topic: Announcing New FH2 Community, CMP-Gaming  (Read 5849 times)

Offline Striktarn

• View Profile
Re: Announcing New FH2 Community, CMP-Gaming
« Reply #45 on: 17-04-2017, 16:04:01 »
Fantastic news. I signed up.

Offline buddydog123

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 18-04-2017, 20:04:26 »
As server and later community admin, I've learned not to take sides. Even if all that it does,
is to disappoint people who want something from me. As long as it is necessary to get
something good built and realized, it is sensible to stay impartial. No matter how much dirt people
throw at me because of that.

That is how we built [762], that is how we built the CMP group. We.
But if [FHT] vs CMP-Gaming is a fight that should ever be happening,
I know with what people my allegiance will be and where I will play.

I have all respect for buddydog and his efforts to keep the sinking ship afloat.
I salute that. If he wants to keep advertising [FHT] on the [762] forums, I will not
obstruct him. The "tournament" section in our forums is open to all communities
who play FH2 and FH1.

But I will not take part in nor personally support any campaign that bears the name
Forgotten Honor ever again. My reasons for that have been stated in a certain
"What's new in February" - thread on the [FHT] forums. The reasons are named
"Dutch", "Lister" and "Korsakov".

In German, there is a saying that however you call into the woods, the echo
will come back out the same way.

To Mr. Korsakov and his request to join - why would I take the same woodboring beetle
that made my old ship sink back onto the new one? I'm not in charge to decide that,
but if I were, you would not be allowed in for the next hundred years.

On financing matters: we manage to host [762] and all the servers with a few hundred Euros
per year - because we don't bloat our expenses. Because we have people who host us for free.
People whom we pay back with free of charge work, help and support. A big thanks to the =DGC=
clan (Die German Crew) on this point.

We do not pay ourselves money. What money did buy the games licenses that you guys
used to hand out on your big raffles? Where did the money come from? Where did the thousands
of Euros from the donation drives each year go? Into stable gaming servers for FH2? Really?

Some food for thought...

We work and put in our time for free to make [762] run. And whatever you were insinuating
by your comments further up - by simply avoiding taking back you, Lister and Dutch, I am
confident that the CMP-gaming community will not ever handle the player's donations
in the way Forgotten Honor did.

But what do I know about money, right?
Have a nice whatever...

This is Buddydog from Forgotten Honor. My old account was compromised...

First of, I would like to wish CMP the best as they parts ways from Forgotten Honor. Forgotten Honor will still be having FH2 campaigns, but we wish that the increase in the numbers of tournaments improves the quality of gameplay in the community overall.

I would like to note that Korsakov does not represent Forgotten Honor in any way during this matter. He has long since been banned for the same reasons he is banned from many other FH1 and FH2 communities. So I would like to advice caution when examining his representation of Forgotten Honor.  As for my stance of his allegations, Forgotten Honor has no qualms about maps that have already been donated to the Community Map Pack for general use for the community being used by other communities oermitted credit in the map is given to its original source. We do trust that no attempt will be made to use maps ported from our FH1 FHT minimod, which was made my Forgotten Honor mappers nor any maps made by official Forgotten Honor mappers not already donated to the CMP. 

Furthermore, regarding our donation drive, zero funds used in Forgotten Honor's general donation drives were used go to anything other than operational costs.  Game giveaways and raffles were given in separate donated games by community members.   As many current CMP admins had access and managed FHT donation information when they served as admins in Forgotten Honor, they know this to be true. 

That being said, I wish for the best of all FH2 players in the future.  Forgotten Honor's future battles will most likely be on Saturdays, to prevent interference with other FH2 tournaments.

Offline PapillonFH

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 18-04-2017, 22:04:43 »
I am all for sharing all the FH2 stuff that is there, the FH2 community is too tight-knit to haggle about maps.  Competition is good for business  :)
So buddydog, from my pov both parties are free to use all the maps and assets that were created and/or edited by the FH2 branch in the last camps 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.
And as we did with the WaW maps that were used at FHT or in the CMP, we will ofc credit the participating parties.
We have no plans to port further FH1 FHT maps. Actually, by porting those maps you essentially only inherit a terrain plus a draft for colormaps, nothing more. The amount of necessary work is equal to a new map, and I actually refrain from the porting of old maps, as you often inherit design flaws from a game with different gameplay and all.

Offline PapillonFH

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 18-04-2017, 22:04:46 »
Ah btw, there are actually some really old-school FHT maps from before camp 13 that could be polished up to current standards, e.g. Anzio, Corinth Canal....
I re-did Monte La Difensa, worked a lot on Anzio and also San Pietro, never played but still they are there.
So if you want to use those or continue, bump me.

Offline Stronkie

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 19-04-2017, 12:04:39 »
Ok,

I made a special account on here , just to rectify some issues here pointed out by Odium.

Dude , you have no idea what you are talking about. All the raffle-games I gave away , were from people who donated their Humble Bundle keys . (Me and Quicksilver donated the most keys ). Not a single penny was used from the donation money. The last Streams I did , in which I gave away keys , were from my own Humble Bundle keys. The way you insult FH is really painful to see. But this part of the full insult I can not stand by.

And about the rest of the donation money , 3000€ may look like a lot. But as the admins that you guys have now (Randoom , Kummi and Papillon) can tell you.. Those costs are really used to pay for all the things we use at FH.

But enough said about it all. As Buddydog , I wish all the FH2 members a good time. Hope they will have fun. Cause that is all that we want with online community's

PS Odium , show respect and edit your insultposts please.

Offline PapillonFH

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 19-04-2017, 13:04:22 »
Money was Not wisely spent all the time but afaik that particular thing did not occur.

Offline Stronkie

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 19-04-2017, 14:04:11 »
Money was Not wisely spent all the time but afaik that particular thing did not occur.

I hope you are referring to the raffle claim by Odium

Offline Quicksilver

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 19-04-2017, 16:04:50 »
All the raffle-games I gave away , were from people who donated their Humble Bundle keys . (Me and Quicksilver donated the most keys ). Not a single penny was used from the donation money. The last Streams I did , in which I gave away keys , were from my own Humble Bundle keys.

Sorry for not seeing this sort of thing earlier, but yes I can confirm that all of the game giveaways for those raffles etc. were from private collections (mainly Humble Bundle sales) and I know that Stronkie, Mathew90 and a number of others including myself all donated spare keys for games. In fact, we actually purchased Humble Bundle packs just to them give away in raffles for F|H members (I know I purchased a number of packs just to give away).

So please Odium, retract that comment from your post at the very least and perhaps even apologise for any accusations related to it?

Offline PapillonFH

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 19-04-2017, 16:04:49 »
Yes Stronkie I meant that. I was not involved personally in these raffles but Quicksilver was and clearly states that it was not as odium suspects.
So I would urge to stop the mudflinging and retracting these wrong accusations.

Offline Stubbfan

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 19-04-2017, 17:04:12 »
Please keep those kind of discussions either on respective community forum or in PM's. Goes for all parts.

Offline x4fun ODIUM

• View Profile
    • www.762-ranking.de
« Reply #55 on: 20-04-2017, 00:04:18 »
It is simply like this: I did not accuse, I asked questions. Read and prove me wrong.
So I will not edit anything that I have said in the above posts.

May I quote my post:
We do not pay ourselves money. What money did buy the games licenses that you guys
used to hand out on your big raffles? Where did the money come from? Where did the thousands
of Euros from the donation drives each year go? Into stable gaming servers for FH2? Really?

Some food for thought...

If you do not want these questions to be asked, you could have simply
been more transparent in your finances. If you ask for big amounts
of money, people will get interested in what you spend it on.

If Quicksilver says that the money was not spent on raffles, then I do* believe him.
The problem is the intransparency in the FHT financing that lead to all these questions
being asked - not just by me.

No, Stronkie, telling people to edit their posts just because you do not like what you
read about your own community - that is not transparency.

Thanks to buddydog for his reply. That was a constructive one.
Now let's get on with it and build some FH2 tournaments.
Whatever the names are. As said, [762] will allow each party,
FHT and CMP gaming to advertise in our forums.
« Last Edit: 20-04-2017, 00:04:44 by x4fun ODIUM »
Kind Regards / MfG
x4fun I<ODIUM>I

Offline dutch

• FHT - F|H Tournament Founder
    • View Profile
    • www.forgottenhonor.com
« Reply #56 on: 27-05-2017, 19:05:54 »
Text removed. Like said above, keep it to PM's or on respective community site. -Stubbfan
« Last Edit: 28-05-2017, 20:05:51 by Stubbfan »
"Vive la mort, vive la guerre, vive le sacre mercenaire."

www.forgottenhonor.com

Offline Stubbfan

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 28-05-2017, 20:05:42 »
Please keep those kind of discussions either on respective community forum or in PM's. Goes for all parts.

I thought i was clear on this.