Author Topic: Just Curious (Specs Question)  (Read 704 times)

Offline Ionizer

• Carrier of Squirrel Flu
    • View Profile
Just Curious (Specs Question)
« on: 21-12-2009, 17:12:17 »
My sister came home from college with her computer (that is more powerful than the family computer I am currently playing on) and I'm thinking about trying to talk her into letting me install BF2 and FH2 onto it.  If I can convince her, I was wondering if her computer could run FH2 at highest settings at the highest resolution her monitor can handle.  Will an Nvidia GEForce 9600 video card and Vista system with 4 gigs of RAM run FH2 on highest settings at a resolution of 1280x1024?  I'm not sure about her other specs...

Offline Desertfox

• Knowledge is power, and power corupts.
    • View Profile
Re: Just Curious (Specs Question)
« Reply #1 on: 21-12-2009, 17:12:38 »
From What I can see yes, but I'd do a test to see if you have Frame rate drop

Offline Thorondor123

• God Emperor
  • Global Moderator
  • Lugbûrz-ûr!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 21-12-2009, 17:12:03 »
If the processor is not super crap it should most definitely run FH2 with max settings.

And it the monitor is 19'' LCD, 1280x1024 should be the only resolution to use anyway.
Let mortal heroes sing your fame

Offline Ionizer

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 21-12-2009, 17:12:42 »
If the processor is not super crap it should most definitely run FH2 with max settings.

And it the monitor is 19'' LCD, 1280x1024 should be the only resolution to use anyway.

The monitor is 19" and it's max is 1280x1024, so I wouldn't think of putting the resolution higher than that.

I don't know what the processor is...  I know its better than the 2.01 GHz one in the family computer, but I'm not sure by how much.

Thanks guys.  Anyway, the hard part would be convincing her to let me install and play it on her computer.  And maybe finding a new copy of BF2 so we play it on both comps at once.

Offline Thorondor123

• God Emperor
  • Global Moderator
  • Lugbûrz-ûr!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 21-12-2009, 17:12:50 »
1280x1024 is the native resolution, basically the one and only resolution that should be used.

But yeah, like I said, I'm pretty confident that you can run FH2 with highest settings.

Edit: You just have to show her how awesome game it is. ;)
Let mortal heroes sing your fame

Offline Ionizer

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 21-12-2009, 17:12:57 »
Edit: You just have to show her how awesome game it is. ;)

She actually played it in single player (El Al 16 in 2.15, I think).  She didn't seem to enthused with it.  She much prefers Counter Strike.  Supposedly she is very good when she scrims with her league-thingy...

Oh well.  Thanks for the input, fellas.

Offline Nerdsturm

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 21-12-2009, 18:12:51 »
Ew, of course she didn't like El Al-16, I don't think anyone does. And playing it in singleplayer doesn't exactly help.

Next Thursday you need to get the other WOLF people to have Giarabub-16 early on the map rotation and I bet she'd love that if she's into CS. Its been far too long since I've played that map too.

Offline Ionizer

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 21-12-2009, 19:12:43 »
Ew, of course she didn't like El Al-16, I don't think anyone does. And playing it in singleplayer doesn't exactly help.

Next Thursday you need to get the other WOLF people to have Giarabub-16 early on the map rotation and I bet she'd love that if she's into CS. Its been far too long since I've played that map too.

You can tell them yourself: http://www.wolfgaming.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=465.  There are one or two threads there dealing the rotation.

Anyway, I don't know if she'll want to try again...

konti

« Reply #8 on: 26-12-2009, 19:12:07 »
My notebook has got a 8600 m gt and 3gb ram. All settings on max and aa 4x. FH2 is running just fine on my 2nd 19" monitor  ;)